True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

That's probably because they are not in a serviceable cable area. This means you will need to organise a satellite installation.

Yes. That's why I'm interested to know about other central Bangkok condos, and whether anyone has done this yet.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the movie channels like? Any up to date films or all old rubbish? and the Fox movie channel, is that the same one that true have, fox movies premium I think? they show the walking dead on there, will be a bit peeved if i miss that when it comes back later this year.

CTH isn't the greatest for movies in all honesty. Fox action movies is different to the one on TRUE. Some of the movie channels are only in Thai. I don't bother with movie channels and just download anything I really want to watch. Nat geo channels are excellent though!

What are the movie channels like? Any up to date films or all old rubbish? and the Fox movie channel, is that the same one that true have, fox movies premium I think? they show the walking dead on there, will be a bit peeved if i miss that when it comes back later this year.

Now let me help you out a bit here handh, you get CTH for the football and Sky News and you get either uk-tv or thai expat tv for your general stuff, bobs your uncle fannys your aunt biggrin.png

Now let me help you out a bit here handh, you get CTH for the football and Sky News and you get either uk-tv or thai expat tv for your general stuff, bobs your uncle fannys your aunt biggrin.png

I probably watch about 2 films on tv a year, but the slave asked about the movies. Let's face it, apart from sport and sky news the rest is junk, the same as true. Ok, blue likes the nat geo stuff but I don't bother with that.

Yes. That's why I'm interested to know about other central Bangkok condos, and whether anyone has done this yet.

My wife previously enquired at our Bangkok condo in On Nut (Diamond Sukhumvit) when I thought about adding GMM cheaply to the outrageously poor free signal on the 6 channels that condo provides to those who don't want to pay. They were adamant at that time that tenants must pay for the packages that are available through the common cable and cannot put their own satellite dishes on the roof (or anywhere else for that matter). They were only providing True packages at that stage.

I'm not pushing the matter at the moment (ie enquiring whether they will consider providing a CTH package - maybe they do already for all I know - or promoting a cabal with other falangs there or researching the condo terms), as I only use it for occasional monthly and F&F* visits, I'm too busy to watch TV when there, but when I want to watch Arsenal there's always soi Cowboy a couple of stops away. I think my other favourite TV bar, between soi 5 and 7 is up for the chop, along with The Beer Garden (even more regrettably!).

*friends and family (in case you are wondering whether that means frottage and f__k :-) )

• Like 1

It's fine be me, as long as the signal improves. CTH announced that they will be a split screen option so you can watch 4 games at once. I suspect this could be what channel 136, the arena channel is for.

Nice.

I'm still wondering if they will still have the same programmes as true, ie, the friday football today and others...hope so.

I'm not overly optimistic about that. Those programs were part of another True purchase separate from the EPL. All I know is CTH have won the rights to show the games and although I hope I'm wrong, I feel that's all we might get.

Hi everybody, I have only just joined Thai visa so I am a newbie to this site, I have lived in Pattaya for a long time and have always had true vision, but I am afraid it is getting the boot as their is no English premier league footy.
I rent a house in Pattaya, so can anyone tell me if there are any dealers for CTH in Pattaya and where.
Thank you from baldyman2.

Just got a call that they will install at my place in BKK next Tuesday. I waited about a month for those stlll waiting.

Gonna keep True for a while as well as CTH as CTH is so cheap there's not a lot of difference. If it measures up well, TRue will go.

Just got a call that they will install at my place in BKK next Tuesday. I waited about a month for those stlll waiting.

Gonna keep True for a while as well as CTH as CTH is so cheap there's not a lot of difference. If it measures up well, TRue will go.

So Soi, you went through the CTH call center, right ?

So Soi, you went through the CTH call center, right ?

That's right.

They were very helpful, v good English, and believed all wanting will get installation before EPL starts.

Which part of Bangkok? Are you in a condo or your own house?

Udom Suk and building combo of condo and aprtmnt. ! room 2 room 3 room etc. REally dunno wot it is.

Could put True on the roof and CTH loox 2 b the same.

Udom Suk and building combo of condo and aprtmnt. ! room 2 room 3 room etc. REally dunno wot it is.

Soi, I hate to bug you for details, but what number did you call to get started and were you able to access an English speaker ? I'm going to access Bangkok Blue's satellite list tomorrow, but another option would be great. Much thanks !

Soi, I hate to bug you for details, but what number did you call to get started and were you able to access an English speaker ? I'm going to access Bangkok Blue's satellite list tomorrow, but another option would be great. Much thanks !

The one on their website

http://www.cth.co.th/package-599/

Hope it helps

Contacted the call center in BKK today and spoke with a woman whose accent was so overwhelming that I barely understood a thingfacepalm.gif. I did understand there would be a 20 day wait.

Now to go the dealer route and see what's what.

Contacted the call center in BKK today and spoke with a woman whose accent was so overwhelming that I barely understood a thingfacepalm.gif. I did understand there would be a 20 day wait.

You have to find a dealer who's acting as one of there agents i think jd

I hear ya Alfie. I'm going to access BBlue's list and see if I can find something. If I struggle with that, I'm going to mosey on down to Gulliver's and find their on site satellite guru to see who they are working with to get ready. Actually, I probably ought to do that first.wink.png

I hear ya Alfie. I'm going to access BBlue's list and see if I can find something. If I struggle with that, I'm going to mosey on down to Gulliver's and find their on site satellite guru to see who they are working with to get ready. Actually, I probably ought to do that first.wink.png

You can speak African then jd ?

You can speak African then jd ?

Jesus, Am I behind another 8 ball again ?facepalm.gif

BPL1 now transmitting spurs v Sunderland live from HK. Brilliant HD picture.

No English commentary. Green button not working

Everybody on CTH please call 080 911 0388.... Tell their operators no English commentary unacceptable..... My missus just gave em <deleted>!!

Need as many complaints as possible to sort this for 17 August

Just got off the phone to there technical department. Guy was very helpful. He didn't know about the problem, but said he would try and fix for 2nd match. He told me this was a test signal and was absolutely certain there will be English commentary for the new season.

Made another call to tech. Dept just now towards end of man city game. They advised test signal. They made an excuse that the english audio wasn't open. I said it is, as I know for a fact that Martin Tyler is commentating on it. The guy spoke to someone else and advised this function will defo be available next week. I asked what game next week but he didn't know. Could be stevie Gerrard's testimonial, but I'm only guessing.

I asked about what presenters and what preview and review shows will be on for english viewers. He advised he didn't know about content, but understood what I meant about Thai and British presenters, as he used to work for TRUE.

If by this time next week there is a game without english audio then I'll post the tech dept number here.

In fairness the guy spoke good english and I believe him when he says they'll be english commentary.