True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Slightly off topic,but does anyone else on here have sound issues with the HD Sport channels on True?,the volume seems much higher on the non HD channels,and I've noticed this on several TV's,not just mine.

PST.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic, does anyone have any reco's on what tv's are good right now?

Will probably go for a 46-50 incher if I take the plunge...I prefer the LCD's as I like the black screen when the tv is turned off.

Samsung LED hands down! Just a question, but if the picture is still good on your tv, then why not just purchase a separate stereo system? Gotta be cheaper!

What is an LED?

You lost me a little there with the stereo system, I can't get no sound from the HDM1 line....how would the stereo system work?

Will probably go for a 46-50 incher if I take the plunge...I prefer the LCD's as I like the black screen when the tv is turned off.

Try Numchai on Sukhumvit Rd they have a good selection in there and the service is good.

Cheers Rick, funny enough that is where the CTH guy recommended.

No worries mate. I have bought numerous things from them and have been very happy with the service.

Slightly off topic,but does anyone else on here have sound issues with the HD Sport channels on True?,the volume seems much higher on the non HD channels,and I've noticed this on several TV's,not just mine.

PST.

I just checked and you are correct. Hardly a biggie though is it.

Try Numchai on Sukhumvit Rd they have a good selection in there and the service is good.

Cheers Rick, funny enough that is where the CTH guy recommended.

No worries mate. I have bought numerous things from them and have been very happy with the service.

To be honest mate my original question was what type of tv not what shop...but I'll head down there anyway.

PST.

I just checked and you are correct. Hardly a biggie though is it.

Maybe not for you,but if you have a business and the customer can't hear,then yeS,it's very much a 'biggie'.

Thanks.

PST.

Hi All,

Just to put my two pennyworth of input on this subject.

I've been reading this thread but I have never had any tv subscription from True or anyone before as I have only just moved into our new house and the new tv ( a 50" Panasonic plasma) arrived only last week.

As I am very keen on getting the EPL I'd already registered with CTH but after 2 weeks I heard nothing. So on Friday last week (19th July) at 12:30pm I contacted the local cable installer here in Nakhon Phanom (thanks to Bangkok Blue for the link). He arrived at 1:15pm only to be told that the cabling stopped about 500metres from our house - doh!! A no-go then.

So, using the the list of satellite installers from the same link, I contacted the local one at about 3:30pm. He confirmed that he could do the job and at 5:00pm the same day he brought and fixed up the dish, the set top box and wired everything up and by 6:00pm I had a fully working system.

They did a first class job, very neat and tidy and I watched the Open Golf championship from Muirfield on Fox HD Sports Extra over the weekend (superb picture).

I subscribed to the 10 months paid (2 months free) subscription - 8990 baht, 1800 baht for the deposit on the box and 500 baht for he installation - plus tax.

So if you want to get CTH just ignore their Call Centre and go to your local satellite man and see what they can offer.

Hi All,

I've been reading this thread but I have never had any tv subscription from True or anyone before as I have only just moved into our new house and the new tv ( a 50" Panasonic plasma) arrived only last week.

As I am very keen on getting the EPL I'd already registered with CTH but after 2 weeks I heard nothing. So on Friday last week (19th July) at 12:30pm I contacted the local cable installer here in Nakhon Phanom (thanks to Bangkok Blue for the link). He arrived at 1:15pm only to be told that the cabling stopped about 500metres from our house - doh!! A no-go then.

So, using the the list of satellite installers from the same link, I contacted the local one at about 3:30pm. He confirmed that he could do the job and at 5:00pm the same day he brought and fixed up the dish, the set top box and wired everything up and by 6:00pm I had a fully working system.

They did a first class job, very neat and tidy and I watched the Open Golf championship from Muirfield on Fox HD Sports Extra over the weekend (superb picture).

I subscribed to the 10 months paid (2 months free) subscription - 8990 baht, 1800 baht for the deposit on the box and 500 baht for he installation - plus tax.

So if you want to get CTH just ignore their Call Centre and go to your local satellite man and see what they can offer.

Nice. Sounds like a very clean job there. So you didn't need to pay for the dish? I'm being quoted Bt1200.00

Regarding your last sentence, it is already well established going via a middle man is the best way, going direct sounds like a minefield.

Hi All,

Nice. Sounds like a very clean job there. So you didn't need to pay for the dish? I'm being quoted Bt1200.00

Regarding your last sentence, it is already well established going via a middle man is the best way, going direct sounds like a minefield.

No. There were no other charges made. The dish must have been included with the 500 baht installation charge.

Hi All,

No. There were no other charges made. The dish must have been included with the 500 baht installation charge.

I got ripped for Bt 1,200.00 I should have kicked up more of a fuss but I think because I was so relieved to get this thing I just let it ride. Usually I'm shouting and screaming.

Anyone noticed BPL channels 131-134 have gone off? Just a blank screen. No test signal.... Except on 135. Also 136 has changed name from BPL 6 to Arena 6. Hopefully this means we'll get some programmes on here soon. Hopefully the Barclays Asia trophy on Wednesday!

Anyone noticed BPL channels 131-134 have gone off? Just a blank screen. No test signal.... Except on 135. Also 136 has changed name from BPL 6 to Arena 6. Hopefully this means we'll get some programmes on here soon. Hopefully the Barclays Asia trophy on Wednesday!

Same except on 136 still have the test signal.

Yep bb and true sports plus, to be fair i think it's going to be like this for a while, teething problems i think it's called biggrin.png at least they have a month to sort it out !

It's fine be me, as long as the signal improves. CTH announced that they will be a split screen option so you can watch 4 games at once. I suspect this could be what channel 136, the arena channel is for.

Nice.

I'm still wondering if they will still have the same programmes as true, ie, the friday football today and others...hope so.

Got mine installed up here in Khonkaen, very happy with what i have seen so far even though the BPL channels ain't on at the moment, it has Australian network which i am very happy CTH has it as i like to watch some ARL and AFL games and keep up to date with the news there.

Starting to sound like a proper pom nev biggrin.png

Get your name down for the predictions comp mate.

It's to easy mate just put United as winners again for me.

Maybe i will put me name down, do i have to do every week or just a one off at start of the season?

Starting to sound like a proper pom nev biggrin.png

Get your name down for the predictions comp mate.

It's to easy mate just put United as winners again for me.

Maybe i will put me name down, do i have to do every week or just a one off at start of the season?

Every week mate.

I'm still interested to know if anyone in central Bangkok has successfully got CTH.

check out the thread i started about CTH national dealer list.

I've been reading that, but can't find confirmation from someone in central Bangkok (preferably a condo) who has had CTH installed.

My condo are adamant that they can't get it.