True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Just been down to the cth dealer in Pattaya, the lady I spoke to could speak and understand a little bit of English, so we muudled through my nit noi Thai and her nit noi English. Paid 3500 baht then have to pay two lots of 899 baht = 1798 baht to engineer when they come to fix the satellite, box etc.

Total = 5298, does that sound right from the people who have all ready got it. I am only going to pay monthly.

For anybody in Pattaya, if you enter pattaya thai [south road] from sukimvit , I would say it is about 250 yards down, it is on the left hand side next to the animal hospital, they now have a sign outside saying CTH.

The lady told me they will be coming to set me all up on the 5th of august, I have got my fingers crossed.

[

/quote]I have been to CTH office in Lamai Ko Samui today with my wife who is Thai,I paid 3600 baht today,including a second box which they are doing on promotion for 299 baht and have to pay 899 when they come,the man and woman in the shop spoke perfect English and technicians are coming to install the system in 7 days.Anyone on the waiting list with call centre should head for the shop as the guy said this is the quickest way.On the way home 20 minutes later got a call from Bangkok office to confirm we had signed up.The shop has a blue sign on it with CTH banner and is more or less opposite Pensit and Law office.Thought it might be a scam until CTH Bangkok phoned us and confirmed it was kosher.There is more than one way of paying so that is why you might be paying 5298.

Mine is monday,only booked it 2 days ago.Paid 3,500 baht for installation,box/dish,but nothing said about the monthly payment.So they are asking for 2 months up front on installation then????

I think you are right you pay the installer for the first two months,and they will give you a CTH receipt.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The technician from it care center came this morning and fixed a CTH satellite dish and box, the system is working fine. I booked on July 7th so it hasn't taken that long. As I live a long way out of Pattaya, near Laem Chabaeng, I fully expected to be last on the list.I know there have been several doubters on this forum but I am impressed with their service.

I think that may be 60000 new subscribers perhaps, as they already had about 1million with their old system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CTH run the EPL at a loss, but after a season of no English football I would expect the numbers to increase dramatically next season. And if they do a good job who knows how many seasons they will get it for? In other words I think they might see it as a long term investment..........and if they doubled the price to 600 baht next season who would opt out.....not me. Considering what I was satisfied paying True for the EPL, they could increase it 4 fold and I'd still buy it and I think most serious football supporters would do the same. Increasing it four fold still only brings the package price up to Trues Gold/Platinum which you must have to watch all EPL games (previously). What does the 'terms and conditions' say about an increase if you've paid in advance? Anyone read the terms and conditions?

Thankfully we have english commentary today!

After listening to Tyler and Curbishley talking rubbish i think i'd rather listen to the Thais thumbsup.gif

Alfie, much as I wanna agree.... I don't ! At least the English pundits and commentators actually understand the game. Yeah they spout <deleted>, but so do Arsenal, Chelsea, Man yoo and Citeh supporters. English audio for the English game. And yeah, I am with Bangkok Blue, we need to be a united front to canvass CTH to ensure we get the full Barclays package, at least on one channel.

The technician from it care center came this morning and fixed a CTH satellite dish and box, the system is working fine. I booked on July 7th so it hasn't taken that long. As I live a long way out of Pattaya, near Laem Chabaeng, I fully expected to be last on the list.I know there have been several doubters on this forum but I am impressed with their service.

Did you order from pattaya,if so which shop as I have been on order for 3 weeks now and they are around the corner from me.

I've emailed and tweeted the EPL. I've also asked my friend at the nation to ask about english content. As yet no reply. Guess we'll have to wait until kick off to know for sure. If we get no joy I'll try and get the email of a CTH director from my friend. I already have email and phone number for the premier league press officer. Will post here if we get no joy!

• Like 1

Thankfully we have english commentary today!

After listening to Tyler and Curbishley talking rubbish i think i'd rather listen to the Thais thumbsup.gif

Alfie, much as I wanna agree.... I don't ! At least the English pundits and commentators actually understand the game. Yeah they spout <deleted>, but so do Arsenal, Chelsea, Man yoo and Citeh supporters. English audio for the English game. And yeah, I am with Bangkok Blue, we need to be a united front to canvass CTH to ensure we get the full Barclays package, at least on one channel.

They may understand the game but that doesn't mean that they don't talk a load of <deleted> half the time, take yesterday, Defoe passes the ball into an empty net and Curbishley ses " he made that look easy " <deleted> cheesy.gif

Is there anybody in the Pattaya/Sattahip area who has had a CTH system installed and they can watch all of the channels?

I had my system installed on the 17th of July and I'm still waiting for it to be "activated". All I can watch are a handful of "free" channels.

If you are in Pattaya/Sattahip and your system is working how and who activated for you?

Just had my CTH satellite fitted this morning on Ko Samui,the technician had come from Nakon ti Sammarat and said his team are the only ones fitting systems at the moment on Samui and Ko Phangnan he said he had a list of 20 today and I was number six and it was already 1pm.I estimate there must be at least 1-2000 still to be fitted if you include bars and private houses,a lot of work to do before August 17th.

Yeah they spout <deleted>, but so do Arsenal, Chelsea, Man yoo and Citeh supporters.

This from a fan of a team who still try to all themselves a "big club".

biggrin.png

Chic Coq me old China...... Waiting for May 2014 and we can discuss further... :-)

Is there anybody in the Pattaya/Sattahip area who has had a CTH system installed and they can watch all of the channels?

I had my system installed on the 17th of July and I'm still waiting for it to be "activated". All I can watch are a handful of "free" channels.

If you are in Pattaya/Sattahip and your system is working how and who activated for you?

All good with me. Still noticing a slight bit of interference on some channels. Especially sky news. Anyone else still got this?

I have had a slight bit of interference on Sky News,but overall the picture seems better quality than True on HD and normal channels.

Yeah they spout <deleted>, but so do Arsenal, Chelsea, Man yoo and Citeh supporters.

This from a fan of a team who still try to all themselves a "big club".

biggrin.png

Chic Coq me old China...... Waiting for May 2014 and we can discuss further... :-)

Ah, the tiny totts motto: "There's always next year".

biggrin.png

I am in The Pattaya area and can watch all the available channels. It was activated by the technician who installed it

Mine should have been installed today but no show.[Phoned the office and they said they will phone me back,that was 2.30pm,still no call.

A ropey old van turned up today, bearing CTH stick-on labels with a couple of blokes wearing True Visions overalls. They had a ladder that was woefully short for the job so they bowwowed mine. That was still too short to put the dish (revolting blue colour and far bigger than the True dish) in a sensible out of the way position, so it now fills our previously bucolic lounge window view with a glorious side on view of transmission aparatus - I'll post pictures later if I can be ar$ed, at least it will give you all a larftongue.png

They cut off my True Visions signal (still being paid for) in our lounge by 'borrowing' the cable for CTH use (because that was easiest and least cost for them). They then pi$$ed off while the new CTH signal was still showing 'no valid entitlement found'. Not one word of customer introduction to operating the new facility - they were in a major hurry. My wife, as always sided deferentially with the Thai tradesman and treated me like a falang ba for wanting to know what was happeniung and why.

True to their word, a signal showed up 30 minutes after they left and it impressed me with its definition. I watched Sky News for 20 minutes then the signal reverted to 'no valid entitlement'.

So folks, we expect CTH to be better than True do we??!!clap2.gif

A ropey old van turned up today, bearing CTH stick-on labels with a couple of blokes wearing True Visions overalls. They had a ladder that was woefully short for the job so they bowwowed mine. That was still too short to put the dish (revolting blue colour and far bigger than the True dish) in a sensible out of the way position, so it now fills our previously bucolic lounge window view with a glorious side on view of transmission aparatus - I'll post pictures later if I can be ar$ed, at least it will give you all a larftongue.png

They cut off my True Visions signal (still being paid for) in our lounge by 'borrowing' the cable for CTH use (because that was easiest and least cost for them). They then pi$$ed off while the new CTH signal was still showing 'no valid entitlement found'. Not one word of customer introduction to operating the new facility - they were in a major hurry. My wife, as always sided deferentially with the Thai tradesman and treated me like a falang ba for wanting to know what was happeniung and why.

True to their word, a signal showed up 30 minutes after they left and it impressed me with its definition. I watched Sky News for 20 minutes then the signal reverted to 'no valid entitlement'.

So folks, we expect CTH to be better than True do we??!!clap2.gif

I evenyualy got thru to the pattaya thai office,and asked why no installation at 2.00pm,she said no way we have no set top boxes till sat/sunday.I said why didnt u phone me and tell me,SILENT.First impression,bloody useless company,so i await next week for the second saga.