True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

Just got off the phone to there technical department. Guy was very helpful. He didn't know about the problem, but said he would try and fix for 2nd match. He told me this was a test signal and was absolutely certain there will be English commentary for the new season.

If we get English commentary great, but will we still suffer those goons pre and post match?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they looked like they have just come out of the media studies course from Uni! Fingers crossed we still get the British presenters.

I remember when I got CTH first installed. The fox crime channel wasn't in english, but that was rectified within a few days.

Has anyone heard the rumors that CTH would strike a deal with RS Plc to show La Liga matches ? I saw something about that awhile back, but nothing since.

I know True is going to be able to offer Serie A football.

Edited by jellydog

BPL1 now transmitting spurs v Sunderland live from HK. Brilliant HD picture.

No English commentary. Green button not working

Everybody on CTH please call 080 911 0388.... Tell their operators no English commentary unacceptable..... My missus just gave em <deleted>!!

Need as many complaints as possible to sort this for 17 August

This match was live on True with commentary.

Were u on the correct network or is this a sign of what is 2 cum?

Let's not be too judgemental and demanding at this stage...there are always teething problems with anything like this, it is in CTH's best interest to provide a top notch service. I don't think the English commentary will be an issue, it's the presenters that I'm sweating on.

Edited by hotandhumid

Me too, it's not just the presenters, but with PLTV build up and analysis you also get the manager/player pre/post match interviews. Fingers crossed!

Yep, I don't even want to contemplate going back to the dark days of the 3 Thai guys sitting there.

Btw, the green button, it says 'audio' what exactly does that mean? Is that the dual language thing?

I guess it's important not to lose sight that we are only paying a max of 3,600 Baht a year for 360 EPL games.....which is 12 baht a game. That's something they can only dream of in UK

The first 599 Baht is for their zillion crappy channels with no information, which you must have first.

I guess it's important not to lose sight that we are only paying a max of 3,600 Baht a year for 360 EPL games.....which is 12 baht a game. That's something they can only dream of in UK

The first 599 Baht is for their zillion crappy channels with no information, which you must have first.

Yep, and at prime viewing time too.

In the UK it is going to be even more expensive now to watch the LIVE football as SKY no longer have the monopoly and BT have some games now (Saturday lunchtime games I believe) so they now have to pay I think another 12 quid a month if they want to see those games, plus of course you never get the 3PM games there.

Ups, obviously maths is not one of your strong points or perhaps the calculator is playing up laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Regarding no English commentary. CTH called my missus to apologise today. They said English voice link not yet commissioned..... Still testing. They gave absolute guarantee that commentary issues will be fixed ready for 17th. Good they called back! Well done all of those who also complained.

• Like 1

Regarding no English commentary. CTH called my missus to apologise today. They said English voice link not yet commissioned..... Still testing. They gave absolute guarantee that commentary issues will be fixed ready for 17th. Good they called back! Well done all of those who also complained.

That's a positive,I'm getting my system installed tomorrow,had a good play at the shop today and it all seems very good,no smart card with this box which may be a good thing,and the dish looks bigger than the True one maybe just maybe better reception.

Sincerely hope they do come up with English commentary.

Ups, obviously maths is not one of your strong points or perhaps the calculator is playing up laugh.png

Never trusted em mate, I'm wise to the these 'market calculators' adjusted to give the wrong figures. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Just been down to the cth dealer in Pattaya, the lady I spoke to could speak and understand a little bit of English, so we muudled through my nit noi Thai and her nit noi English. Paid 3500 baht then have to pay two lots of 899 baht = 1798 baht to engineer when they come to fix the satellite, box etc.
Total = 5298, does that sound right from the people who have all ready got it. I am only going to pay monthly.
For anybody in Pattaya, if you enter pattaya thai [south road] from sukimvit , I would say it is about 250 yards down, it is on the left hand side next to the animal hospital, they now have a sign outside saying CTH.
The lady told me they will be coming to set me all up on the 5th of august, I have got my fingers crossed.

Just been down to the cth dealer in Pattaya, the lady I spoke to could speak and understand a little bit of English, so we muudled through my nit noi Thai and her nit noi English. Paid 3500 baht then have to pay two lots of 899 baht = 1798 baht to engineer when they come to fix the satellite, box etc.

Total = 5298, does that sound right from the people who have all ready got it. I am only going to pay monthly.

For anybody in Pattaya, if you enter pattaya thai [south road] from sukimvit , I would say it is about 250 yards down, it is on the left hand side next to the animal hospital, they now have a sign outside saying CTH.

The lady told me they will be coming to set me all up on the 5th of august, I have got my fingers crossed.

[

/quote]I have been to CTH office in Lamai Ko Samui today with my wife who is Thai,I paid 3600 baht today,including a second box which they are doing on promotion for 299 baht and have to pay 899 when they come,the man and woman in the shop spoke perfect English and technicians are coming to install the system in 7 days.Anyone on the waiting list with call centre should head for the shop as the guy said this is the quickest way.On the way home 20 minutes later got a call from Bangkok office to confirm we had signed up.The shop has a blue sign on it with CTH banner and is more or less opposite Pensit and Law office.Thought it might be a scam until CTH Bangkok phoned us and confirmed it was kosher.There is more than one way of paying so that is why you might be paying 5298.

That is exactly what I paid.

[

/quote]I have been to CTH office in Lamai Ko Samui today with my wife who is Thai,I paid 3600 baht today,including a second box which they are doing on promotion for 299 baht and have to pay 899 when they come,the man and woman in the shop spoke perfect English and technicians are coming to install the system in 7 days.Anyone on the waiting list with call centre should head for the shop as the guy said this is the quickest way.On the way home 20 minutes later got a call from Bangkok office to confirm we had signed up.The shop has a blue sign on it with CTH banner and is more or less opposite Pensit and Law office.Thought it might be a scam until CTH Bangkok phoned us and confirmed it was kosher.There is more than one way of paying so that is why you might be paying 5298.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that they come on the 5th of august and get me going. Taking my true vision box etc back to them and tell them why.

That is exactly what I paid.

Well at least it looks promising then, may I ask if you have got yours fixed up and running and what is it like.

In case you haven't got TV, apparently TalkSport are going to be audio streaming every game through their website.

World Wide Radio Coverage (outside Europe)

talkSPORT radio has obtained the exclusive international radio broadcast rights for all 380 live matches outside of Europe. Access to the radio broadcasts can be done via the talkSPORT website or App. TalkSport has a deal with TuneIn to distribute its live radio broadcasts globally outside Europe in English, Spanish and Mandarin, covering all 380 matches.

And the Talksport Live App for once says:

"USERS MUST BE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF EUROPE TO LISTEN TO talkSPORT LIVE"!

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

According to today's paper CTH have 60,000 subscribers. They are aiming at 3,000,000. Still a little way to go.

Food for thought that. Just as the transfer season still has a way to go, this CTH/True/EPL thing has a way to go as well. I wouldn't be surprised at some surprises. I'm still holding off to see if some weird shoe drops. TIT.

According to today's paper CTH have 60,000 subscribers. They are aiming at 3,000,000. Still a little way to go.

Food for thought that. Just as the transfer season still has a way to go, this CTH/True/EPL thing has a way to go as well. I wouldn't be surprised at some surprises. I'm still holding off to see if some weird shoe drops. TIT.

Is it possible to be suprised at a suprise?

What is a 'transfer season'? I think you mean transfer window.

Is it possible to be suprised at a suprise?

What is a 'transfer season'? I think you mean transfer window.

Splitting hairs pretty early in the day, eh ? Have a drink and sort yourself out.whistling.gif

• Like 1

[

Mine is monday,only booked it 2 days ago.Paid 3,500 baht for installation,box/dish,but nothing said about the monthly payment.So they are asking for 2 months up front on installation then????