True Epl Coverage

binnsy

Are you cancelling TrueVisions?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to cancel True due to them not getting the EPL?

• Yes. Have already or will be cancelling my True subscription.
    • No. I will keep it but may also change my viewing package.
    • Never had True Sports package

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the live games and all the repeats I can't see much else being on these channels.

Personally, I really don't care what else is on channels 131-136. At 300 Baht a month for every EPL game (maybe repeats), I think that is a real bargain....anything else will be a bonus. I'm just glad to have it. smile.png

• Like 1

Apart from the live games and all the repeats I can't see much else being on these channels.

Personally, I really don't care what else is on channels 131-136. At 300 Baht a month for every EPL game (maybe repeats), I think that is a real bargain....anything else will be a bonus. I'm just glad to have it. smile.png

I never said I cared. I am keeping True Gold, so that's how much I will care.

It was just an observation.

"Maybe repeats?" There had better be repeats Uptheos, or the service from CTH will be seriously falling short of True-standard!! No repeats would meant that potentially you would only be watching 2 or 3 live games a weekend, with coverage of the rest of the games being relegated to the hopeless highlights format. I always looked first to watch Arsenal live (of course), then as many of the other contenders or 'big games' as I could - yes even Spuds. Probably saw on average 5-6 EPL games a week, with 2 or 3 of them being live.

• Like 1

"Maybe repeats?" There had better be repeats Uptheos, or the service from CTH will be seriously falling short of True-standard!! No repeats would meant that potentially you would only be watching 2 or 3 live games a weekend, with coverage of the rest of the games being relegated to the hopeless highlights format. I always looked first to watch Arsenal live (of course), then as many of the other contenders or 'big games' as I could - yes even Spuds. Probably saw on average 5-6 EPL games a week, with 2 or 3 of them being live.

Agree with you 100%, I spent most weekends avoiding the scores so I could watch all the big games 'as live games'. I watched every Spurs and Man City game (I think), plus most of the Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea games. When anyone called the first thing I had to say was "don't tell me any scores". Bloody hard work as results or phrases like 'Man U retain their league position' pop up where you least expect it.biggrin.png

I say maybe, because I really don't know, do you? If there are no repeats I will be seriously disappointed too.sad.png

Edited by uptheos

Almost certain we'll get the same coverage as TRUE offered. With advantage of stadium 6 being the 4 game split screen game channel. I've been informed John dykes and Brit presenters will be available.

So bb, if there is more than 5 games being played at the same time do you think they will use other channels, taking into account that there are only 6 stadium channels and one being split screen !

Reckon so yes. Problem won't arise until last 2 games of the season anyway. True took over a couple of channels, when this happened. With lunchtime and evening Saturday kick offs, at least 2 Sunday games, Monday night football and when the Europa league starts, can't see it being an issue until then.

Keep True, and pay 899 a month for CTH. Cheap for EPL, and if the situation changes, u can cancel either of them.

Just do not get locked into a long term contract with a co. that may not deliver.
Edited by Soi Sauce

Agree with you 100%, I spent most weekends avoiding the scores so I could watch all the big games 'as live games'. I watched every Spurs and Man City game (I think), plus most of the Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea games. When anyone called the first thing I had to say was "don't tell me any scores". Bloody hard work as results or phrases like 'Man U retain their league position' pop up where you least expect it.biggrin.png

I say maybe, because I really don't know, do you? If there are no repeats I will be seriously disappointed too.sad.png

With cth having 6 ch for football I'm sure they are going to show repeats,but with the TV guide they have at the moment there's no telling what match is on and what time I think.But we will know soon when it starts.

It is seriously cheap compared to True. As for avoiding results etc, it ain't really possible unless yer a hermit or never get on the net or talk to people.

Watching whole games when u know the result? Why?

Keep True for the other stuff, and have CTH for the live football. 225b a week ain't a lot.

A bonus is that when the rain blox True, CTH comes from the east, not the west, so u will always have TV.

I got my CTH installed yesterday, the people who installed it for me were excellent, I asked them to take my true visions dish down and use the same cable to fit the CTH dish, as I did not want them drilling holes all over the place, no problem.
When they were setting it up and activating it for me they went through a lot of channels to see if the picture was perfect.
I asked them if they would take the old true visions dish away [as I have had it for about 7 years] no problem again, but I did give them a beer a piece to take home with them.
Picture is excellent and huggins of HD channels. Over all a much better quality and better package than true visions, at a lower cost too.
No problems yet, until I press a wrong button then I will get all paniky as I am a oldie and not as smart as a young person when it comes to the hi-tech digital age.

• Like 1

It is seriously cheap compared to True. As for avoiding results etc, it ain't really possible unless yer a hermit or never get on the net or talk to people.

Keep True for the other stuff, and have CTH for the live football. 225b a week ain't a lot.

A bonus is that when the rain blox True, CTH comes from the east, not the west, so u will always have TV.

Soi ...people seem to forget but True still have live football in The Champions League.

Almost certain we'll get the same coverage as TRUE offered. With advantage of stadium 6 being the 4 game split screen game channel. I've been informed John dykes and Brit presenters will be available.

So bb, if there is more than 5 games being played at the same time do you think they will use other channels, taking into account that there are only 6 stadium channels and one being split screen !

I really wouldn't worry about that, it happens a max of 3 times a season I'd say.

For those still rattling on about True, look I think everyone would agree that apart from having the PL True pisses over CTH in every way....well except for SKY news that is, which I'm really enjoy having by the way. BBC World is bloody dreadful.

Soi ...people seem to forget but True still have live football in The Champions League.

Football from Spain and Italy as well.

Like somebody else I try to avoid results until at least Monday night. Tough with those damned strap lines and it means you can't watch a news channel for a couple of days. Mondays around here are often sprinkled with expletives when I get caught out, in which case yep I'm much less likely to watch the whole game.

Now if CTH could steal a march on True's previous coverage and do intelligent highlights - either:

A half hour for each game, or even better

10 minutes of first half highlights, plus the whole second half for each game

I'd be in seventh heaven. Hell I'd even go to Bangkok and do the edits for them every other weeklaugh.png (not a serious runner as they would want to edit by ref to the Thai version)! Unfortunately they have to buy-in what Scuddamore or another operator sells them I suspect. P'raps not. Did anyone else notice with True that they arbitrarily cut off from minute 15 ish to minute 25ish on almost every repeat. Sometimes players had disappeared with very controversial red cards or broken legs, WWIII had broken out, but no - you'd missed it and had to sleuth your way through the clues given in the rest of the match.

I'll stop dribbling the next cr@p that comes into my head now (not drinking, honestly)

I really wouldn't worry about that, it happens a max of 3 times a season I'd say.

For those still rattling on about True, look I think everyone would agree that apart from having the PL True pisses over CTH in every way....well except for SKY news that is, which I'm really enjoy having by the way. BBC World is bloody dreadful.

I don't think you can judge who is the best at this early stage, perhaps give it a year or so !

Football from Spain and Italy as well.

Yes - I've pretty much decided now to keep Gold until Arsenal get knocked out. At least the final stages games - last 8 (that we rarely reach these days) are nearly always on the free to air (actually am I right in that asertion)?

Cue Smokie, telling me to book my downgrade from Gold (to Super Knowledge) for August 29ththumbsup.gif

I don't think you can judge who is the best at this early stage, perhaps give it a year or so !

Similar to having a new manager isn't it Alfie biggrin.png AVB has been at Spurs a year now and Moyes is just beginning as you said have to give time! wink.png

Similar to having a new manager isn't it Alfie biggrin.png AVB has been at Spurs a year now and Moyes is just beginning as you said have to give time! wink.png

Yeah, ok red whatever you say facepalm.gifsad.png

Well theres 6 games on at 3pm on 6 occassions up until 30 nov 2013 let alone the rest of the season facepalm.gif

Edited by alfieconn

CTH Phuket story,feedback welcome.

Had Cth installed 2 weeks ago through our local cable/cth company,not via bangkok,no 131-136 channels yet,but stadium channels are on the tv listings 161-166(no picture)

Mate of mine (2 miles away)had cth installed yesterday via Bangkok,has 131-136 and picture????

Thoughts please,my local cth office have ensured me that the signal and picture will be available in the next 5 days.

PST.

Well theres 6 games on at 3pm on 6 occassions up until 30 nov 2013 let alone the rest of the season Posted Image

yes just seen that. May well change though due to spurs' and swansea's commitments in Europa league. I'm pretty certain all games will be on. Maybe this is when they will use channel 9 to show a few of their 17 games agreed with their sub-license purchase.

My plan to keep True and have it running into the same tv as CTH has been squashed due to only have 1 socket in the wall (the round one where the white lead goes)

Others here have said that they have both running into the same tv....how have you done that? 2 sockets I assume?

I'm not over bothered and don't doubt the engineer is correct but thought I'd ask the question anyway..