Yingluck Stresses She's Real Prime Minister

webfact

Next election time perhaps they could try "Yingluck Thinks, PTP Does" as their slogan, you know, to try and make things a bit less obvious.

Nice one !!!! Yeah that slogan " Thaksin thinks PTP does" has really come back to bite them on the ass..... And Thaksin publicly calling Yingluck a clone did not help...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

In a nation obsessed with face and the loss of it, a New York times article saying the country is run by a fugitive using skpe is simply too funny for words.

Is there any parallel for this situation in the world, a government run from abroad with a puppet in place

for show???

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real Prime Ministers attend parliament to present policies and debate issues. Even if Thaksin was dead (the sooner the better) Yingluk would not be a real PM, but some sort a faux-President (a position held previously, I believe) filling in for the REAL head of state.

• Like 1

Real Prime Ministers attend parliament to present policies and debate issues. Even if Thaksin was dead (the sooner the better) Yingluk would not be a real PM, but some sort a faux-President (a position held previously, I believe) filling in for the REAL head of state.

we are lucky....if she would plan the policies it would be much worse....

Chalerm ????? whistling.gif Oops , there goes my visa next year...cheesy.gif

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Her party was democratically elected in a free election. More Thai citizens chose her party over any other. And she doesn't have to shut down websites and media outlets or imprison people without due process to stay in power. If you believe in democracy, accept her and hope she does her best. If you don't believe in democracy, just keep posting your ridiculous crap. Thankfully most of the Thais don't care about your bigoted opinions.

What part of using a photogenic sock puppet to rule by proxy fits in anyone's definition of a Democratic system of government?

The part where more of the people vote for her party than any other. You must have a unique definition of democracy.

Her party was democratically elected in a free election. More Thai citizens chose her party over any other. And she doesn't have to shut down websites and media outlets or imprison people without due process to stay in power. If you believe in democracy, accept her and hope she does her best. If you don't believe in democracy, just keep posting your ridiculous crap. Thankfully most of the Thais don't care about your bigoted opinions.

What part of using a photogenic sock puppet to rule by proxy fits in anyone's definition of a Democratic system of government?

The part where more of the people vote for her party than any other. You must have a unique definition of democracy.

Given the massive vote buying that accompany every election here, clearly Thailand has its unique definition of democracy as well....

The current P.T.P. maladministration are in power due to a coalition not their overall majority. One can only presume that gatorsoft uses the same spin doctor as Yingluck.

'Twould be interesting to see and read gatorsofts definition of democracy.

Interesting is that some denials are not really denials. The OP has

"Ms Yingluck stood firm that she is the genuine prime minister of Thailand and that she and her cabinet jointly and clearly run the country.

"Opinion polls show that my leadership and recognition among the people has increased."

Referring to what people think is not a confirmation or denial, just deflecting from the real issue.

As for k. Thaksin 'participating' in cabinet meetings. Well didn't he phone-in to 'wish well' to the new cabinet when they had their first or so meetings in the Pheu Thai party building? Too lazy to search, but I clearly remember.

• Like 1

That's it? more votes, hey presto! we have a democratic form of government!

By this same logic Saddam Hussein was a shinning beacon of democracy when he won an election with 99% of votes in his favour.

Tell us Gator, since Putin won the last election in Russia, everything is just peachy with him? I mean, since winning an election is the only thing of consequence for Democracy to work there's nothing to object, at all. Right?

Please explain your form of democracy where the votes of the people don't count.

By this same logic Saddam Hussein was a shinning beacon of democracy when he won an election with 99% of votes in his favour.

Tell us Gator, since Putin won the last election in Russia, everything is just peachy with him? I mean, since winning an election is the only thing of consequence for Democracy to work there's nothing to object, at all. Right?

Please explain your form of democracy where the votes of the people don't count.

That form where people are getting paid to vote for a party.

In the first place I never said that, but if you need an example, when there's rampant electoral fraud or (after edit) when the person that actually wields power is not the one that was elected.

Now how about you answer any of my questions?

Edited by AleG
  • Like 1

The current P.T.P. maladministration are in power due to a coalition not their overall majority. One can only presume that gatorsoft uses the same spin doctor as Yingluck.

'Twould be interesting to see and read gatorsofts definition of democracy.

My definition says you start by respecting the vote of the people. If you insist on an overall majority, you'd better totally revamp the election process.

In the first place I never said that, but if you need an example, when there's rampant electoral fraud.

Now how about you answer any of my questions?

Ok, there is no democratically elected government where everything is just peachy. The key phrase that I used would be free election. The last election was monitored extensively by the international community and no widespread fraud was observed. I don't think that comparing Thailand to Iraq under Hussein is a valid analogy, and I doubt if you really do either.

Just because the side you choose is criticised by posters does not make us bigots. It means we are participating in a democratic debate and expressing our views on the current administration. I personally find yingluck ridiculous and a lot of what she says is clearly nonsense or made up on the spot. Whether she is to blame or not I can't say, could well be that the whole cabinet is to blame for some of the lunatic policies this govt pursues. Others may disagree and argue otherwise and I respect that and choose to disagree or agree on a debate by debate basis. I don't however heap abuse upon them.

Check the definition of bigotry, it fits all of us. Where was the abuse?

Just because the side you choose is criticised by posters does not make us bigots. It means we are participating in a democratic debate and expressing our views on the current administration. I personally find yingluck ridiculous and a lot of what she says is clearly nonsense or made up on the spot. Whether she is to blame or not I can't say, could well be that the whole cabinet is to blame for some of the lunatic policies this govt pursues. Others may disagree and argue otherwise and I respect that and choose to disagree or agree on a debate by debate basis. I don't however heap abuse upon them.

Check the definition of bigotry, it fits all of us. Where was the abuse?

I know what bigoted means. It does not mean having a different point of view.
  • Like 1

So yingluck wants to be judged on her performance? Rice debacle excluded I presume?

and exclude the water management debacle I think.

and exclude the corruption on the mega projects

and exclude the not working tablets

but actually non of it has something to do with her

wait wait we have the four season hotel room scandal

• Like 2

If only she wouldn't so frequently and vehemently deny such accusations, we might actually be inclined to believe her claims that she - and only she! - holds all reins.

Perhaps all those countless pilgrimages to Dubai, Hong Kong, Laos and Cambodia, those Skype call-ins from abroad, those announcements by Big Brother about decisions made on this or that government policy - practically all of which also were reported in the Thai media - are apparently nothing else but vivid figments of our paranoid minds.

But then again, regardless how often a puppet may keep telling us that it is not a puppet, it nevertheless still remains a puppet manipulated by an operator.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Trying to be a little fair, what do we expect her to say? Big brother pulls the strings. Aren't I a great PM! That would be even worse than what she is saying from a political or competence point of view. Thailand isn't the only country where truth from politicians is a fluid concept.

She should say nothing on the issue and continue to simply cut ribbons at grand openings.

Everyone already knows the score on this issue. Denying it just makes her look ___________ .

The press wants her to say that she is in charge. The thinking behind this is that if she can run the country Thaksin is not needed. Some red shirts might eventually forget him and then his return will be even more difficult.

Something like this.

So why do ministers and other faithful keep making the pilgrimage to the Middle East, whenever a reshuffle is in-the-offing, and how to explain her clone-brother's reported remarks in the New York Times article ? wink.png

Someone once said " the truth is just a tale told often enough "so mabye she's been talking to herself a lot and actually believes it but she's probably the only person in Thailand that does