Soi 5 Immigration

stevef

just been to ask and not open saturday so overstay it is

Just be very careful while on overstay that you don't get noticed by the police. If they have some reason to check your passport and see that you have overstayed, then the consequences will be much worse than a 2000 Baht fine.

Just be very careful while on overstay that you don't get noticed by the police. If they have some reason to check your passport and see that you have overstayed, then the consequences will be much worse than a 2000 Baht fine.

oh god don't worry about it i have overstayed by just over 2 years now, i suppose there will be a day when i will have to face it and pay up

Edited by honda99

oh god don't worry about it i have overstayed by just over 2 years now, i suppose there will be a day when i will have to face it and pay up

Lets hope so.

The chances are so low it's not worth the stress. I've had my passport checked a total of zero times in 7 years of full time residence. I'd put it on a par with worrying about a plane crash on your way home.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

couple of days overstay stamp doesn't mean anything for future visa applications .. just like a history of long-stay visas mean anything for any future applications..just tell the immigration officer at airport 'have overstay'.... save him wasting time looking through you passport.

Fair enough. But do they have no representation at ports?

I cant imagine everyone who arrives/departs on every sort of boat trekking off to Soi 5.

Depends on the port. For Pattaya down to na jomtien you have no choice but to stamp out at soi 5. Even when checking into koh samui it was required to go to the immigration office in town.

Also, I needed a reentry preempt before I stamped out so I didn't lose my 1 year visa. That it's actually what took the most time at immigration on Tuesday.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Never go within 3 working days of a public holiday.

Easy to say but I am leaving on a yacht and needed to get an exit stamp and they were closed the past 3 days.

I suppose leaving on a yacht absolves you from the normal practice of planning ahead ? whistling.gif

Never go within 3 working days of a public holiday.

Easy to say but I am leaving on a yacht and needed to get an exit stamp and they were closed the past 3 days.

I suppose leaving on a yacht absolves you from the normal practice of planning ahead ?

Planning to leave on a yacht for a 5 day voyage requires much planning. We already had to push the trip back due to the holiday. We went to immigration on Tuesday and got checked out. I posted in the thread that the lines were long to warn others and not to get a big lecture on how to plan my trips.

Sent from my GT-I9100T