German Tourist Dies After Fall On Rocks At Khao Lak

webfact

German tourist dies after fall on rocks at Khao Lak

Phuket Gazette

g.jpg

Police and medical personnel on the beach after Mr Ovegov drowned. The rock from which he fell is in the background. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A German tourist with a heart condition fell on some rocks and drowned yesterday at Khao Lak.

Mr Oberle Ovegov, 57, had spent the morning playing in the water with his wife.

At about 2:30pm, as he was walking on some flat rocks that extend into the sea at Khukkhak, he became dizzy and fell, said Khao Lak Police Inspector Anan Kuaboonkaew.

newsjs

Mr Ovegov apparently suffered from a heart condition that may have prompted his dizziness and fall, Lt Col Anan explained.

“He landed between the rocks and the sea, and waves repeatedly hit him and slammed him into the rock,” he added.

A group of Thais and foreigners worked to free him for 30 minutes, but by the time they got him out he had drowned, Col Arun said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...-Lak-20114.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-02-02

Since living here permanently I have slipped and fallen many times, the shoes and many hazards are to blame mostly, the old wooden pier collapse was my fault as it was designed for light weight Thais and their kids, i had no right to be there and the times i just happened to have a few drinks and the dam_n gravity seemed to have extra pull, not used to the magnetic's of this region yet. The Wife might have pushed or pulled me down a few times, but that was to protect me from pretty girls nearby!

Extra caution on all fronts here in LOS.