Debauchery

rene123

I just ate 3 ripe mangos and they were SOOOO good. But, I might pay for it later by visiting the toilet more often. I LOVE Thai mangos. They are like cream from the skin to the stone, but they have to be ripe. Thais like their sour, green mangos, but I haven't acquired a taste for that yet. Unfortunately, mangos go from ripe to mush in short order. The moment those tiny black spots start to spread is the time to peel and slice them up. If you wait a couple days too long the flesh goes black with bruising. I had 3 ripe mangos and decided to cut up all three at the same time. I was only going to nibble a bit and put the remainder in the fridge... but, one bite led to another and pretty soon I just ate the whole bowl full... total debauchery.

Edited by rene123
  • Like 1

didn't you mean to share this on facebook?

laugh.pnglaugh.pngclap2.gif

It was kind of like facebook, wasn't it.

I just happen to enjoy mangos (addicted ?), and the ones we get in Canada are all from Mexico with the pink skin. They are okay until you try the ones from Thailand.

And, thank you, Sparkles for telling me there are different varieties here. I didn't know that, but with my luck the names will all be printed in Thai.

• Like 1

If you we4r4e a Christian you would need to go to confession.

Not so much for eating thart many but for not sharing them.sad.png

I sure ain't Christian although I was raised that way. In fact, after studying history, I now hate all religions equally.

But, I'll share anything I have with anybody... and preferably those in need.

After a while you will get sick of Yellow Mangoes and switch to Green only ....... like the rest of us.

Yellow is for tourists, green is for ex-pats.

Green, thinly sliced with nam plaa and sugar. Mmmm.

If you we4r4e a Christian you would need to go to confession.

Not so much for eating thart many but for not sharing them.sad.png

I sure ain't Christian although I was raised that way. In fact, after studying history, I now hate all religions equally.

But, I'll share anything I have with anybody... and preferably those in need.

uuuuhhhh ooohhhhhhh....... that should open up the peoverbial pandora's or whatever box

wub.png

• Like 1

Shouldn't this be on the food forum? nothing to do with Chiang Mai - you get mangoes everywhere in Thailand.

I thought about that when I posted it, but Chiang Mai seems one of the last provinces to have ripe mangos avaiable. I looked for them last November and December and hardly found any that were ripe, but lots of green ones. Down in the southern provinces they've had ripe mangos for ages.

The mods can move this over if they see fit.

riveting stuff!! Get a life!!! It really should be of supreme indifference what you eat or describing your bowel habits. DUH

You seem to have forgotten the country we're in. I was watching a Lakorn the other day and a whole scene was entirely about food of the day.

riveting stuff!! Get a life!!! It really should be of supreme indifference what you eat or describing your bowel habits. DUH

Wouldn't YOU just be a pleasant person to be around.

Oh, wait, that was sarcasm in case you don't recognize it.

I learned a few things about mangos that I didn't know before. What inspiring topics have you added?

• Like 1