Hello, any one know were I could send my cv for mechanical employment in the Asian area. I am a Steamfitter with project management exp. I am now back in Canada for about 5 months and cant wait to get back to Asia. Any help I would be thank-full.

Edited by WilliamCave

Is there a demand for foreign consruction workers? I don't know, jusy curious. Isee women hod carriers and welders on high rises. Turns out they employ women because they are less expensive to hire.

Seems like you could save more money back home than you could earn in LOS -just by scrimping and downsizing lifestyle in Canada. Is construction slow in Canada? Are there big jobs in Thailand being done by western companies?

Dont Know about dropping off the CV, but are you aware of this site:

http://www.expatengineer.net

Thanks Prudent. For the info. I have been back in Canada now for 4 months, and cant wait to get back to the Asian area. There is lots of work in Canada but I am not interested. I dont care if I take a drop ion life style. It is not were I want to live any more.

Thanks Take care for now

Is there a demand for foreign consruction workers? I don't know, jusy curious. Isee women hod carriers and welders on high rises. Turns out they employ women because they are less expensive to hire.

Seems like you could save more money back home than you could earn in LOS -just by scrimping and downsizing lifestyle in Canada. Is construction slow in Canada? Are there big jobs in Thailand being done by western companies?

Hello ding. There is lots of work in canada. Just not my choice of countries to live in anymore. I havent been here in 2.5 years and want to return to asia.

I am in a similar game but would only go to the likes of LOS to work if offered by a "real"company who pay the going rates.(been on the circle for off and on 20 years)

Now I make decent dosh over here and can go 2-3-4 times a year and take taxis everwhere without worrying about it....maybe just getting ..old...

Loads of bubble in Kazik-Iraq-Dubai-Iran-Libya..etc... but Thai/V-N areas are quiet at the mo.. ...

You could try some of the Oil Companies.....cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello ding. There is lots of work in canada. Just not my choice of countries to live in anymore. I havent been here in 2.5 years and want to return to asia.

I can apreciate that! Wish I could pull it off too. America isn't the same and I love Thailand. Seems like a firm that needs someone who would be their eyes and ears in LOS is a possibility. But I know many folks that want to live and work there. Just need the right lead I guess.

• 1 month later...

www.prtr.com

www.prtrexecutive.com This is probably better for your skills. I got my job through www.prtr.com but I know they have the www.prtrexecutive.com site for higher level positions.

Good luck with it.

I can apreciate that! Wish I could pull it off too. America isn't the same and I love Thailand. Seems like a firm that needs someone who would be their eyes and ears in LOS is a possibility. But I know many folks that want to live and work there. Just need the right lead I guess.

• 1 month later...
www.prtr.com

www.prtrexecutive.com This is probably better for your skills. I got my job through www.prtr.com but I know they have the www.prtrexecutive.com site for higher level positions.

Good luck with it.

I am looking for expat work too but I will have to take a break for a few minutes now, after being blinded by that prtr.com bright red screen. :D:o:D