High End Parts Are A Joke Over Here

Notstupid30

Weird, I just built my self a high end gaming system "spent 115k no monitor included" and got all the parts with in the same day from single source at pantip plaza. Yes prices were little higher than the states but not something that will make someone go broke.

Pantip just a joke went to Jedi Cool plus Dusitek and Compute & More GTX 690-4GB5 35500THB vs 2x HD 7970 3GD5 26000 THB is a no brainier in all truth even for a corsair 12000W 8990 THB is a bit pang in all truth ...

compute and more gets good stuffs, but price is without their control at retailer level. blame the FAT dealers who bring these product into Thailand and make huge margins. don't forget the import duty behind every piece as well, some people live on it.

general computer stuffs are about 20% higher than other countries, highend stuffs up to 50%+.

most popular solution, get it from somewhere else.

• Like 1

exactly.

and its not even that hard to get top end hardware if u know where to look.

Nothing wrong with complaining as it helps a bit to cool down. He was not slagging of Thais or anything just frustrated with the fact that he could not get what he wanted. I have been in the same boat (not computer parts), sometimes its amazing what those high import tarifs and protectionism do.

I'll gladly get him all the parts he wants. But a farang complaining about prices is just cheesy.gif esp u want "top end". This isn't the US or Taiwan where u can get computer hardware "cheap" since all the hardware isn't manufactured in Thailand besides the HDD's.

Pantip just a joke went to Jedi Cool plus Dusitek and Compute & More GTX 690-4GB5 35500THB vs 2x HD 7970 3GD5 26000 THB is a no brainier in all truth even for a corsair 12000W 8990 THB is a bit pang in all truth ...

Thats pretty cheap for a 12000w PSU.

Corsair 12000w... hope you have air-conditioning...

On the other hand here is a Corsair 1200w.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014

Works out to be a little over 8,000 baht ($269.99) from a leading US discount online seller so if it's the same one (can't be all that many 1200w Corsair PSUs afterall) and it's only 12% dearer at Panthip in the much smaller Thai computer hardware market then I don't see what you have to complain about really.

Try comparing the Newegg pricing for some of the other items you mentioned and again, taking into consideration the size of the market here say for example $500+ video cards then it's not surprising the price is going to be more expensive. Buying top end imported hardware in most countries is going to be more expensive than the US, that's the way it is.

exactly.

and its not even that hard to get top end hardware if u know where to look.

Nothing wrong with complaining as it helps a bit to cool down. He was not slagging of Thais or anything just frustrated with the fact that he could not get what he wanted. I have been in the same boat (not computer parts), sometimes its amazing what those high import tarifs and protectionism do.

Very true mate nothing wrong about complain and how frustrating it can be i wanna build a x79 system and not a z77 system but anyway will look high and low for parts when i get to Pantip tomorrow .. I also find it amazing when you send an email to a shop and the price just went up 1,000THB coffee1.gif

12000 Watt is really high end....

Yeah when you want to run hd 7970 quad crossfirex that takes in around 1000W

Leaves 11000w for Facebook then, cool biggrin.png

Leaves 11000w for Facebook then, cool biggrin.png

Nah don't use facebook or twitter .. Was thinking around 200W for 5x 2TB Caviar Black Harddrives and 2x OCZ Vector Series SATA III 2.5" 512GB SSD but will add more as i need it ..

I don't even waste my time searching anymore. Sure, you might find it, if, as the guy said, you know where to look. Or, you can save a lot of time and frustration by simply ordering it on the internet in the States for delivery to a friend or relative who can ship it over. You may have to wait 10 days for shipping, but you know exactly what you are getting and only spend about 30 minutes locating and purchasing it. If your friend ships by POST in a plain package, including a used paperback book and a couple of pictures and labels the contents, "books, pictures and gifts," there won't be any duty (don't insure it as that is a red flag for value).

If u actually asked for help , you would've got some by now.

And all the parts which so far you listed are already available in Thailand.

X79 System as u said.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 13,790

i7 3970X - 34,900

ASUS EAH7970 DCII/TOP/3GD5 x 4 - 67,600

OCZ VECTOR 512 GB SATA III x 2 - 37,000

G.SKILL DDR3 64ZL/1600 (8GB x 8) CL10 (RIPJAWS) - 13,500

Platimax 1500W 80 Plus Platinum - 14,500

Caviar Black WD4001FAEX 4TB x 5 - 56,000

Dell UltraSharp U3011 x 3 - ??

Lian Li PC-A77FB Casing - 11,000

262790THB excluding LCD/LED screens. Top of the Line available at Pantip Pratunam.

Edited by spacemunk

• 1 month later...

just spent the majority of the last two days in Pantip trying to build a (what I consider) high end computer, I had the parts picked out from jedicool website and invadeit (a pretty limited selection as it is) and came prepared to buy everything there. Unfortunately, about half of the things I wanted to buy were completely out of stack in all of pantip. There were multiple HD7950 graphics cards listed online, none in stock. Next choice was the HD7970, none in stock from any brand, except one downstairs that had ridiculous markup (about 6000 baht higher than Thai online sites). I wanted a HAF XM or HAF X or HAF 932 case, all which are listed on the sites, and they did not have any of them. I tried to order them, but they could not give me an answer as to how long it would take for the items to arrive, so I was not willing to pay for them, and I had to settle for 3rd/4th choices on my case, SSD drives, graphics cards, RAM and PSU, and all my 1st/2nd/3rd choices were picked from thai electronic sites, and I checked tons of shops in Pantip. Sigh.

That said, I did build a system that I am okay with at the jedicool shop yesterday, and I was able to actually buy a graphics card from a shop upstairs, memory from a different shop, a CPU cooler from a different shop, and then bought the rest from Jedicool and they assembled it for me, and they will ship it to me in Chiang Mai and apparently I will get it by tomorrow. Assuming my PC arrives as expected in one piece, I can say I was quite happy with the service, with the exception being the items in stock.

Some of those parts in your PC are very excessive, but it must be fun to be able to throw around cash like that and not care.You are making a pretty huge mistake by trusting those extremely high end products to a no-name brand PSU. Get a reliable brand like seasonic or corsair or even coolermaster or XFX... one of the worst ways to save money with a massive budget is the PSU imo.

If I were spending that much,I would have someone slowly ship over the parts as described earlier (except the case/monitors obviously), and you would save about 20-30%

Edited by Cheesekraft

just spent the majority of the last two days in Pantip trying to build a (what I consider) high end computer, I had the parts picked out from jedicool website and invadeit (a pretty limited selection as it is) and came prepared to buy everything there. Unfortunately, about half of the things I wanted to buy were completely out of stack in all of pantip. There were multiple HD7950 graphics cards listed online, none in stock. Next choice was the HD7970, none in stock from any brand, except one downstairs that had ridiculous markup (about 6000 baht higher than Thai online sites). I wanted a HAF XM or HAF X or HAF 932 case, all which are listed on the sites, and they did not have any of them. I tried to order them, but they could not give me an answer as to how long it would take for the items to arrive, so I was not willing to pay for them, and I had to settle for 3rd/4th choices on my case, SSD drives, graphics cards, RAM and PSU, and all my 1st/2nd/3rd choices were picked from thai electronic sites, and I checked tons of shops in Pantip. Sigh.

Yeah, sometimes life is, like, really hard.

Some of those parts in your PC are very excessive, but it must be fun to be able to throw around cash like that and not care.

Or really notice any difference from a far, far cheaper configuration--the funny part.

Can a £300 gaming PC compare to a £3,000 one?

We pit a cheap gaming PC against a high-end rig

Meanwhile, we've long known that the most expensive CPUs are overkill for games. What we didn't anticipate was how little difference a high-end GPU makes. At this point we've little choice but to reveal the overall result.

Most of the time, most of our subjects literally could not tell the difference. In fact, it was worse than that. It wasn't just a case of putting hands up in the air and declaring it a dead heat. Frequently, our testers actually got it the wrong way round, declaring the low-end rig to be rendering with greater fidelity or actually running faster.

--http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/can-a-300-gaming-pc-compare-to-a-3-000-one-1071338

I don't even waste my time searching anymore. Sure, you might find it, if, as the guy said, you know where to look. Or, you can save a lot of time and frustration by simply ordering it on the internet in the States for delivery to a friend or relative who can ship it over. You may have to wait 10 days for shipping, but you know exactly what you are getting and only spend about 30 minutes locating and purchasing it. If your friend ships by POST in a plain package, including a used paperback book and a couple of pictures and labels the contents, "books, pictures and gifts," there won't be any duty (don't insure it as that is a red flag for value).

I can also confirm this method works fine, do not insure, and just put it in a box with regular stuff.

I also bring back over what I can when I come back over from the States. Back in the early 90's I was a system integrator, I find for whatever reason over here, they don't stock the best computer components. Hard drives are ok priced, so last time I came over I just brought CPU, GPU, Ram and a killer motherboard. I'm sure it saved me thousands of baht.

The other thing they don't have here is good NAS systems, I had to bring 2 of them over.