Don't Tell Mates The Thai Truth

ozzy111

One of my rules here is to keep a low profile and mind my own business. You never really know all the circumstances in someone's relationship/marriage. I think some of the guys with wandering wives know that they wander and don't care. I think keeping your mouth shut is the right thing to do.

I agree with you there but the problem is when you get asked for advice and you have to either lie or tell the unwelcome truth.

As a general rule you should not ever ask me what I think or what my opinion is, if you will get upset when I tell you what you asked for. Also don't put me in a position where you expect that I will lie for you.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So from my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small

And very often causes his downfall

As soon as he marries her then she starts

To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife

you'll be happy for the rest of your life

An ugly woman cooks meals on time

And she'll always give you peace of mind

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life

Never make a pretty woman your wife

So from my personal point of view

Get an ugly girl to marry you

Lyrics from a very good song. I do not know the name of the band though.

Try

I used this a few years when I was having a hard time with my "pretty" wife and my friend tried to explain why this happened .... he married an older lady but is now leaving Thailand after 20 years.

KT ..so u should not be offended then ... what was your point of posting in the first place ?

Point in the first place is that saying you don't generally warm to a person because of their nationality is stupid, in my opinion.

Second point is "yank" is a stupid word when referring to Americans, especially considering a huge chunk of the population would be offended by being called a yank, and by definition, are not "yanks."

Does that answer your question?

As the saying goes....'You can't handle the truth'.

Everytime anyone mentions a septic tank (yank) in conversation with anyone I know there is an audible groan. I don't think they realise how much a lot of people really just dislike them.

Farang? My dear, who really gets their knickers in a twist about being called Farang. cheesy.gif

Don't be an idiot. If you dislike someone based solely on their nationality then you are stupid, full stop.

Go ahead and call americans "septics" if you like, I guess one could understand considering when the US tells your govt. to sniff George Bush or Obama's bunghole they willingly obey.

I guess I can see why that might make you upset.

I judge people individually and apparently you dont, but I guess that's another reason many might consider the US superior to you country.thumbsup.gif

The term "Yankee" has any number of connotations. Most folks I have spoken with have no clue about the term's apparent origins.

As a result, people tend to use "Yankee" and the diminutive "Yank" based on their own understanding and/or prejudices.

Whether or not their usage of the term offends the listener seems to usually be ignored by the speaker out of ignorance or convenience.

Edited by klikster
  • Like 1

Some thais are unfaithful,some are not,the same all over the world.Would an english mate want to here his english wife of 12 years is having sex with a younger guy,of course not.

A friend of mine,younger than me by 15 years,is having sex with at least 4 thais girls who have bf/husbands,they enjoy sex like most younger women do,and like to have sex with younger men too,.

Some thais are unfaithful,some are not,the same all over the world.Would an english mate want to here his english wife of 12 years is having sex with a younger guy,of course not.

I have yet to meet the faithful ones.

What's not the same all over the world is opportunity.

(not to mention the availability of short-time hotels at 120bht/hour)

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Isan spelt many different ways seems to be the most dangerous are of Thailand in my opinion for being "taken for a ride" Something in the genes up in that area. Of course there are few exceptions to every rule. You may be one of them. I am a contractor and all the people that I know married to Thais from this area seem to spending huge sums of money supporting extended families back in LOS.

Maprao, you are posting generalized derogatory claims in the Isaan forum about wives and families of any number of us. What an insulting thing to do. Perhaps your words show your true character?

• Like 1

Anyway for the previous poster, pee krap.

Okay, a question. Were you trolling when you asked me how a Thai who speaks no English should address me?

Not trolling at all, asking a genuine question.

Seeing as we are on the Issan forum I suppose baksida could have been used instead of farang.

Lets assume most on here speak limited Thai, most will understand and have heard the word farang, how many would understand the polite/correct version?

As I mentioned we are talking Thais who speak no English, hardly likely to be the most educated, P6 at most for many.

For me, its not the use of farang that bothers me, I make allowances for the uneducated, its the personal pronouns that accompany the word farang.

And yes before you ask I have replied back to them in Thai letting them know I understand, I have even had family members tear into the offending Thais.

Isan spelt many different ways seems to be the most dangerous are of Thailand in my opinion for being "taken for a ride" Something in the genes up in that area. Of course there are few exceptions to every rule. You may be one of them. I am a contractor and all the people that I know married to Thais from this area seem to spending huge sums of money supporting extended families back in LOS.

Maprao, you are posting generalized derogatory claims in the Isaan forum about wives and families of any number of us. What an insulting thing to do. Perhaps your words show your true character?

Sorry to have caused offense this was not my intention. I apologize. However all the guys I work with, with wives from this area, send in excess of $3000 US (monthly) back home to "help" their families back in LOS. I send money as and when asked to do so. But there is a limit. Maybe I just have a cluster around me. Like I said it was only my observation based on my experience. No offense intended to you or any other people who are the exception to what I have seenwai2.gif People get taken for a ride where I live (part time) also.

Edited by maprao

Sorry to have caused offense this was not my intention. I apologize. However all the guys I work with, with wives from this area, send in excess of $3000 US (monthly) back home to "help" their families back in LOS. I send money as and when asked to do so. But there is a limit. Maybe I just have a cluster around me. Like I said it was only my observation based on my experience. No offense intended to you or any other people who are the exception to what I have seenwai2.gif People get taken for a ride where I live (part time) also.

Thank you.

Thai lady like to care & share with many which farang don't understand.

Many Esaan lady I know believe more the merrier especially if farang pay then Thai can do.

No ploblem with naked truth.

Very true but also known as 'taking the p!ss'

• Like 1

so why did u make it so clear u are from the South ? do u dislike Nth Americans ? the rest of the world has woken up to the double standards of your wonderful democratic country ( puk) ..... my statement was correct in my country we call Americans from the Nth or Sth ..Yanks ...it is not said in a derogatory way its slang ...like ozzie , kiwi , pommie ... .. i dont usually warm to Yanks is my own personal feeling ...u can agree or disagree but dont say its stupid...

I most certainly will say its stupid.

Saying you dont warm to someone because of their nationality or race is stupid. Bigotry is stupid and you have shown yourself to be a bigot.

Clear?

Btw, using yank for americans is just as stupid as saying everyone from the uk is english.

Call a scot english and see what reaction you get

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

so why did u make it so clear u are from the South ? do u dislike Nth Americans ? the rest of the world has woken up to the double standards of your wonderful democratic country ( puk) ..... my statement was correct in my country we call Americans from the Nth or Sth ..Yanks ...it is not said in a derogatory way its slang ...like ozzie , kiwi , pommie ... .. i dont usually warm to Yanks is my own personal feeling ...u can agree or disagree but dont say its stupid...

Saying you dont warm to someone because of their nationality or race is stupid. Bigotry is stupid and you have shown yourself to be a bigot.

Clear?

Btw, using yank for americans is just as stupid as saying everyone from the uk is english.

ok u win redneck ....

• Like 1

Clear?

ok u win redneck ....

Lets see, you are a small minded racist bigot, who is the redneck....?:blink:

hmmmm ... in my family we have italians , irish , scots , japs , thais , greeks , nigerians, germans , aussies , jews , indigenous austrailans and we all get along fine ....how about you ? any black people in your family ?

hmmmm ... in my family we have italians , irish , scots , japs , thais , greeks , nigerians, germans , aussies , jews , indigenous austrailans and we all get along fine ....how about you ? any black people in your family ?

I am an african american

We guessed that bit. Edited by marchawkes

Well said, quite a United Nations in the family. Hopefully, there is no second amendment which allows people to go out to shoot everyone they cannot sue. laugh.png

$3000 US monthly? Holy cow!!! I am a cheap charlie, I have sent $100-200 US when we can, but not every month. $3000 is crazy!
  • Like 1

$3000 US monthly? Holy cow!!! I am a cheap charlie, I have sent $100-200 US when we can, but not every month. $3000 is crazy!

I give MIL 3000bht a month not to live with me ......... but $3000 =90,000bht ......... surely not ..... totally bonkers!

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

I am an african american

When do African Americans just become American, like the rest of of the country. Jim
  • Like 1

I think if it is a close friend, I would tell him, but for the most part I think I would stay out of it. Locally there is someone whose gf sleeps around a lot. local farangs mostly. not looking for a steady. Every one seems to know except him. She puts a "object" out on the sidewalk when he is around. When he is here they are very happy together (by the way he sends no money). Should he be told? I'm not so sure.

Off topic

I am an african american

When do African Americans just become American, like the rest of of the country. Jim

Sorry to see you get into this. I am Danish/Scot/Creek( American Indian). We are not that old of a country. Americans are proud of their family roots and bring up their roots often with each other. As I have said before, I grew up in the "old" south. The "blacks" still had to sit in the back of the bus, get off the sidewalk as you passed, had to use separate toilets, etc. If they want to make a point of their roots for a generation or two--so be it. Every country has it underdogs, butt of many jokes

• Like 1

I think its sad to hear expats 'slagging off'' other nationalities because we are all but visitors here in LOS so should band together no matter where we come from.

As a long term expat, I really enjoy the oportunity to meet others who have been brought up in a different place or way. We all have our 'quirky ways' and funny stories to tell and I very much like to listen to them. Mixing with only 'your own kind' becomes a bore sometimes.

D (1/4 Polish & 3/4 Engrish)

Back on topic

I would (and have) keep qiuet as its a lose lose situation, I have found.

Edited by DILLIGAD
  • Like 1