M'soft Word Clipboard Problem

markg

Have a problem with using copy and paste in Microsoft Word.

It worked perfectly for years, then all of a sudden, it will only past hello!

I went to edit, then office clipboard, which brings up a kind of clipboard manager, and sure enough, hello! was in there. When i hit the pull down and select delete, it deletes it, then immidiately re-inserts hello! into clipboard manager.

If i copy other things into the clipboard, they do show up, but it will still only let me paste hello!

I have done an anti virus scan and my anti virus software is up to date. No virus found.

i have done a restart, AND a cold boot, where i left the PC off for 10 mins or so.

Every time i open Word, this blasted Hello! is already in the clipboard ready to be pasted. :o

I dont know where its come from.

How can i delete this blasted nuisance so i can use the copy and paste functions as i want to?

Thanks in advance.

Tsck.

Pesky computers. :o Who said they dont have artificial intelligence? After turning it off overnight, i returned the following morning to find that it had thought about the error of its ways and decided not to greet me with the hello! on its clipboard.

All's fine now.

• 2 weeks later...
Tsck.

Pesky computers. :o Who said they dont have artificial intelligence? After turning it off overnight, i returned the following morning to find that it had thought about the error of its ways and decided not to greet me with the hello! on its clipboard.

All's fine now.

Check out:

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusin...s.aspx?ID=41376

and especially the bit:

Overwrites Clipboard

The worm repeatedly copies the string "Hello!" into the Windows clipboard, effectively making the clipboard unusable.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out:

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusin...s.aspx?ID=41376

and especially the bit:

Overwrites Clipboard

The worm repeatedly copies the string "Hello!" into the Windows clipboard, effectively making the clipboard unusable.

Thanks very much for the tip Plaroma. Its worrying because like i said, i updated my virus software and ran a full system check - all clear.

Seems to have sorted itself out now though.

thanks again.