How Did You Meet Your Thai Partner?

astral

Where/How did you meet your Thai partner?  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I met my wife when she was working as a receptionist at the hotel where I was staying. Both too shy to really speak much until her mate sorted us out :o . Kept in touch mainly by email, went back and had a side-trip to Chiang Mai, then brought her to the UK for a holiday/look-see, with separate rooms all the way. Got spliced in her home town last April.

You can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl

You can take the girl out of Thailand but not Thailand out of the girl. (Crap)

You can marry a female Thai single but can't take the single out of your bride. (More crap)

You can marry a virgin but can't take the virgin out of your wife. (Still more crap)

You can marry a sexually active woman but can't make her faithful. (Another big dollop of crap)

and here it comes.......................

You can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl. (This is true....but only if your name is Thaipro or if you are a loser like him.) :o

Met her in a pickup joint.

Since she spoke reasonable English, I asked her to help me find an apartment the next morning, which she did. She just wouldn't leave, and still hasn't left, though I kept reminding her from time to time. :D

This was 8 years ago.

We live in her house now, so I guess it's me who isn't leaving now... :o

<snip>

and here it comes.......................

You can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl. (This is true....but only if your name is Thaipro or if you are a loser like him.) :o

Ah, come on... leave the old fart and his last century ideas alone. It's entertainment.

Im from the Uk but i've been living in sydney for the last year.. my girlfriends in thailand now but was living with me and we went to the pavillion all the time.. Small world. How old is your mrs? maybe she's friends with my mrs

I'm sure I used to drink in there when I was in Sydney - is it near star bar on George St? cheap drinks iirc.....$2.50 schooners?

Cant remember seeing any Thai girls when I was in there (trust me I woulve spotted them :D ).................but, then again I usually couldnt see anything :o .

Anybody in Thai society in Sydney would know where to find the Thai girls (and guys) all congregated in one place. I'll leave y'all to find out for yourselves. If you don't already know, then they've been going there without you :D

Im from the Uk but i've been living in sydney for the last year.. my girlfriends in thailand now but was living with me and we went to the pavillion all the time.. Small world. How old is your mrs? maybe she's friends with my mrs

I'm sure I used to drink in there when I was in Sydney - is it near star bar on George St? cheap drinks iirc.....$2.50 schooners?

Cant remember seeing any Thai girls when I was in there (trust me I woulve spotted them :D ).................but, then again I usually couldnt see anything :D .

Anybody in Thai society in Sydney would know where to find the Thai girls (and guys) all congregated in one place. I'll leave y'all to find out for yourselves. If you don't already know, then they've been going there without you :D

the amusement arcades on george st? :o

the amusement arcades on george st? :o

Nope.

give up!!! enlighten me? :D

I remember the arcades used to be heaving with SE Asians but I think they were mainly teenyboppers.

tbh I wasnt as obsessed with all things Thai when I was in Sydney. I didnt go out of my way to seek Thai hotspots like I would now :D .

Edited by game4shame

Okay. Campbell Street is "Thaitown". C Bar is where you will find a lot of Thais having a tipple in the evenings. Spice I Am (past the bridge) used to be a very popular restaurant with Thais, but there are fewer Thais eating there now because prices rose and became way too popular with farang. Thainatown and Guay Tiaw as a result are much more popular. If you like Thai/English/Japanese/Korean karaoke, head to Echo Point on Pitt Street. There are plenty of Thais there. There are also heaps of well-off Thais in Randwick. Check out Thai-Oz, Thai Media, and Fresh Thai to see Thai-oriented events taking place. Hope you have a very happy Australian Thai experience :o

I know alot of Thai girls in sydney looking for Boyfriends.

Usually they go to Maroubrough hotel in newtown on friday nights.

Actually i will be there tonight.

Also a few Thai girls i know love Three wise monkeys, its across the road from the pavillion.

Also a few at cheers (downstairs) but thats manly a jap hang out.

But i know one thats avilable at Marlbourgh Hotel every night in Newtown, just look for the shortest girl in the oub, she is stunning but drinks every night and gets nailed off 2 beers

Also a few Thai girls i know love Three wise monkeys, its across the road from the pavillion.

But i know one thats avilable at Marlbourgh Hotel every night in Newtown, just look for the shortest girl in the oub, she is stunning but drinks every night and gets nailed off 2 beers

Firstly thanks to Skylar for letting us in on that info!!! :D If Im ever in Sydney again (I do hope to live there at some point) Ill check those places out. :o

In reply to Donz, I used to drink at the Marly too!!!..............also coopers, the town hall and the warren!! I lived in Marrickville.

speak about small world!! :D

Firstly thanks to Skylar for letting us in on that info!!! :D If Im ever in Sydney again (I do hope to live there at some point) Ill check those places out. :o

In reply to Donz, I used to drink at the Marly too!!!..............also coopers, the town hall and the warren!! I lived in Marrickville.

speak about small world!! :D

Ah yes, Newtown. There's so many Thai restaurants there, but I didn't think Thai people liked to hang out in the area.

I met mine (indirectly) on the Internet and in the Bar.

Here is the story:

I just moved to Phuket and was bit tired during high Season(was on my vacation from my Contract work) so i spend an good amount of time on the net and i tried one of those Dating Website for i don't know why. I finally ended up with a couple of Girls and 2 of them came from the same City so i gave them a visit and the one was 16 instead of 23 the second one couldn't speak a word english (not even " Hello") and had a slight Mustache....so i was "slightly" disappointed . So the Friend from " Mustache" who spoke little english asked me if i would go out with her and another Friend ....her another Friend is my Wife now..so thats how i met my Wife....

rcm :o

Met mine is the Retro bar in Sydney,I was well tanked and she was with three mates.

She kept pushing me towards her girlfriend.

I persevered.

For you lonely Sydneyites.

Cheers nightclub on Pitt st on Friday or Sat nights lots of thai girls as does the Shark bar nearby.

Cheers is kinda weird,its reasonably well known for asian/thai gals and you get some older sleazy guys hanging round and trying to paw the girls as if they are in Pattaya.

Not a good thing to do in Sydney.

Cant remember seeing any Thai girls when I was in there (trust me I woulve spotted them :D ).................but, then again I usually couldnt see anything :o .

Met mine is the Retro bar in Sydney,I was well tanked and she was with three mates.

She kept pushing me towards her girlfriend.

I persevered.

For you lonely Sydneyites.

Cheers nightclub on Pitt st on Friday or Sat nights lots of thai girls as does the Shark bar nearby.

Cheers is kinda weird,its reasonably well known for asian/thai gals and you get some older sleazy guys hanging round and trying to paw the girls as if they are in Pattaya.

Not a good thing to do in Sydney.

That's interesting... so is Cheers, Retro and Marlborough used by Thai women to pick up farang? Or do they go there as a matter of preference to be with other Thais?

• 2 weeks later...
You can take the girl out of the bar but not the bar out of the girl

Of course you can, take a firm grip of the bar and pull gently until you hear a pop :D:o coudn't resist it.

I checked "At a social engagement" though could have checked "Introduced by a friend" too.

My wife is my best friend, and Thai ex-business partner's, soon-to-be-ex-wife's neice. Met her when I was in LoS with them on a holiday after selling our company - needed somewhere to drop off the some luggage and her parent's house was chosen as it was in BKK and near by. Her father was in the Navy then (retired now) and picked us up from the airport. She was a kinder-garden teacher at a local private school - she took some time off to act as guide for us all. We courted under the reproachful (yes, I used the right word!) eye of her aunt. Courted for the next two years - always under a chaperone - and married 9 years ago this Summer. Now have 2 beautiful daughters (4 and 6) which some of you guys have met. Still love her to bits.

PS: She had never been in a bar in her life before I met her - and still does not drink - so Betty, I'm sorry I, like most here it appears, don't fit your steriotype!

• 3 years later...

I met my g/f on Cheong Mon beach, she was working at the time.................................running her 7 massage tables with 10 massage girls !

They tried to get me to have a massage but i decided to wait until i could get it for nothing, work that out ! :)

I met my gf (now wife) on one of those red Thai city buses: I was going to work, she was going to Uni.

I saw her as one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, and decided to give her my card and a kind smile. Worked out very well. 4 years later, expecting a baby daughter. Wouldn't have changed my mind for the world. No sin-sod, no nasty family (they help us with money.... not the other way around :D )

QUESTION:

All those guys who live in Oz with a wife who is Thai........ what's it like compared to living in Thailand? Any problems encountered having a Thai wife (Please read this within context, I mean racism, problems with others.... etc)... I'm Ozzie but been out of Oz for 10 years (thinking of returning) and have difficulty imagining the situations..... safety, politeness.... any issues? :)

Cheers

my wife was working at her sisters shop in big c.

i just recieved another sak yant(tattoo) and was looking for cream to put on my tatt.

got talking and asked her out,she rejected me saying farang only want boom boom go away.

finally after 4 days of going to big c for shit i didnt need she gave in and came to lunch,with her sister of coarse.

it was a long time until she was aloud out alone,and it was only aloud in the day time with regular 15 minute calls from her family to check up on her or me.

she was 26 and i felt like i was dating a 12 year old,but at least it reasured me she was a descent girl.

we are married now and things could not be better,perfect wife and a great fun personality.

how love sick does this sound,sorry guys.