Vfs Global Bangkok - U K Appointments Calendar

Hi

Just did a dry run on a via application for my Thai GF so I could see what questions they will ask her. No problems with that. The only unknown I have now is how far ahead before you can get a appointment at VFS. I am back in BKK in 4 weeks time for a week and ideally I would like my Thai GF to submit her application online on day 1 of my stay in BKK and try and get an appointment within a week. Any one here recently applied and know the current booking?

On the Visa dry run I have got up to the end of the application but do not want to press submit and the info I have put in is rubbish.

Sorry - I am in the UK, whishing to bring Thai GF over this summer as the weather will not be such a shock to her (based on we will have a good summer for a change!)

Any thoughts/experince?

Thanks

Edited by vulcan903

UKBA use them in Thailand also:

"As part of your application, you will need to visit our visa application centre in Bangkok, Thailand, which is managed by our commercial partner, VFS Global. VFS Global is not involved in the decision-making process and cannot influence the decision on your visa application"

VFS Global handle the paperwork of visa applications worldwide for many countries; including Australia and the UK.

Note that they only handle the paperwork, visa decisions are made by staff employed by the relevant government.

Sorry, Vulcan, I don't know the actual answer to your question.

Edit: Vulcan got there first!

Edited by 7by7

Well there you go, I wasnt aware of that. I can tell you how it worked for Australia visa in VFS, but thats probably not much help to you. For a start I didnt know you could do an online app.

My wife did the online application the first week of the new year and the only dates that came up for interviews after electronically submitting the application was between 15th-17th of January. No other dates were available, even in February. I recall from her last application over two years ago that only the following 2 weeks of availability are shown so based on that, I would suggest the OP's girlfriend submitting the application electronically 5 days prior to your intended arrival and she should be able to get a paperwork submission and 'interview' date while you are here. You can take her as far as the 'check in' desk and only she will be allowed inside for the paperwork submission and any questions that the VFS desk jockey may have.

Good luck!

Edited by NanLaew

My wife did the online application the first week of the new year and the only dates that came up for interviews after electronically submitting the application was between 15th-17th of January. No other dates were available, even in February. I recall from her last application over two years ago that only the following 2 weeks of availability are shown so based on that, I would suggest the OP's girlfriend submitting the application electronically 5 days prior to your intended arrival and she should be able to get a paperwork submission and 'interview' date while you are here. You can take her as far as the 'check in' desk and only she will be allowed inside for the paperwork submission and any questions that the VFS desk jockey may have.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. On the UKBA website is mentions that you will see up to 12 weeks in advance to book an appointment so I will see if I can get my GF to an internet cafe with a printer before I arrive in BKK.

We booked appointment 1 week ahead; afraid neither of us recalls how far ahead we could have booked

(Re printing, we did the application on a laptop and just printed the end result to a PDF file. Then took the PDF to print elsewhere. Saved sitting in a i'net cafe filling it out)

I will see if I can get my GF to an internet cafe with a printer before I arrive in BKK.

No need.

You can complete her form online and book her appointment before you leave the UK; then print out the form and take it with you for her to sign and take to the appointment with her supporting documents.

I will see if I can get my GF to an internet cafe with a printer before I arrive in BKK.

No need.

You can complete her form online and book her appointment before you leave the UK; then print out the form and take it with you for her to sign and take to the appointment with her supporting documents.

Thanks for this. This was going to be my next question...as she is up country in Sankhaburi I wondered if I could complete the for here in the UK but was concerned that they log the IP address so when she went in for the appointment she would be questioned to why her application was written from a non Thai IP address.

It would be a lot simpler if I can do that then when in BKK run through the application with her then drop her off at VFS and grab a fluffy coffee as I will have a hire car so saving her possible return visits to BKK on the bus.

They are not clever enough to look at IP addresses, and they are also aware that some of the guys will do the online forms for their loved ones.

I agree - I imagine that only a small minority of Thais could complete an application unaided.

Vulcan, I would focus on the content for the supporting paperwork - the application takes care of itself. Complete and submit from the UK once you know can back up the app with appropriate paperwork, photos etc

I shall be submitting circa 100 pages in my application folder tomorrow !

edit "my GF's" application folder :)

Edited by cardholder

They are not clever enough to look at IP addresses, and they are also aware that some of the guys will do the online forms for their loved ones.

I agree - I imagine that only a small minority of Thais could complete an application unaided.

Vulcan, I would focus on the content for the supporting paperwork - the application takes care of itself. Complete and submit from the UK once you know can back up the app with appropriate paperwork, photos etc

100 pages of supporting info for a less than 6 month general visit????

Blimey - I was going to provide 6 months bank statements/savings, copy of my passort, Sponsorship letter on how we met, I go out every 3 months etc. Copies of joint travel within Thailand. What she will do while she is here with me. I work from home so we will be together a lot. Mortgage statement. Photos. Skype and Rebtel detailing daily contact.

I was hedging that would be enough......??

Well there you go, I wasnt aware of that. I can tell you how it worked for Australia visa in VFS, but thats probably not much help to you. For a start I didnt know you could do an online app.

Has been compulsory for over 3 years,last I heard!

• 3 months later...

On a related point.......the procedure requires (I think) two appointments to be made online - one for biometric tests, and then one for submission of the application. Can someone advise me please if these two appointments can be booked to occur in quick succession - the second to follow the first as quickly as possible? If so what interval do I need to allow between the two appointment times so that the biometric tests are completed before the application submission appointment?

DocTom.

On a related point.......the procedure requires (I think) two appointments to be made online - one for biometric tests, and then one for submission of the application. Can someone advise me please if these two appointments can be booked to occur in quick succession - the second to follow the first as quickly as possible? If so what interval do I need to allow between the two appointment times so that the biometric tests are completed before the application submission appointment?

DocTom.

No, only one visit is required, handing in the application and the biometric capture are done during the same visit.

100 pages of supporting info for a less than 6 month general visit????

Blimey - I was going to provide 6 months bank statements/savings, copy of my passort, Sponsorship letter on how we met, I go out every 3 months etc. Copies of joint travel within Thailand. What she will do while she is here with me. I work from home so we will be together a lot. Mortgage statement. Photos. Skype and Rebtel detailing daily contact.

I was hedging that would be enough......??

If you were to look back at other peoples applications on the forum, you will see that there are two main reasons for refusal of a visit visa:(a) convincing the ECO that the relationship is genuine, and,(cool.png convincing the ECO that the applicant has sufficient reason to return to Thailand at the end of the visit.

These points should be covered as fully as possible.

You require the same level of proof be it a 6 month or a 10 year visa

Better too much than too little (there is a thread running where the application has been refused 3 times that is worth looking at)

Try to remember that the application is about the "visa applicant" and not about "you".

Earlier on today I completed wifey's visa application and proceeded on to make the appointment but there weren't any dates for June yet, I called the helpline number and the lady said the dates go online weekly.

Had a little moment there.

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier on today I completed wifey's visa application and proceeded on to make the appointment but there weren't any dates for June yet, I called the helpline number and the lady said the dates go online weekly.

Jimmy

Had any luck there? It's 4th June and still no dates for June... I think I might be having one of those 'moments' you mention blink.png

• Like 1

If you are going to provide a 100 pages of information just make sure it is very clearly indexed!

Emails etc can be put together (as can photos) in sections that the ECO can study in detail only if he or she feels is necessary. The key documents need to stand out so the important stuff can be seen easily! An ECO is not going to spend much time hunting for buried information!

I also don't know the wait for appointments but would agree that the application be submitted electronically from the UK and a suitable appointment booked ahead of travelling.

The electronic copy can be modified by hand if necessary after the application has been submitted but best to limit this!

Jimmy

Had any luck there? It's 4th June and still no dates for June... I think I might be having one of those 'moments' you mention blink.png

The dates showed up a week in advance, I was able to book the wifes appointment for the 3rd June the week before, all done and submitted now.

Thanks

Just a quick update to my original post. My Thai GF has been in the UK 5 weeks now and enjoying the UK.

My/her visa application ran to about 60 pages and her visa was granted, no problem.

I detailed everything, including zoopla house price for my property, mortgage statements, photos, skype calls, rebtel calls,

Not bad considering she has 934 bt in the bank, no land, no property and does not work.

In my letter I indicated I would cover all her expences in the UK and would not cost the uk taxpayer anything while she is here.

The reason for a 5 month stay is for me to not use my holiday up so I can go out at christmas to see her in Thailand, which indicates she will go back to Thailand prior to her 1 oct visa expiry.

If anything I am helping the UK economy as we are doing all the tourist stuff which is expensive these day. £18 each to visit Westminster Abbey! !! She took a photo outside and was happy with that and Big Ben!

The UKBA at LHR were very helpful and offered to land her in the EU queue with me but she was already speeding through non eu anyway.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 months later...

You can book up to 7 days in advance.

Beware, the staff are all idiots. They may try to tell you you have the wrong visa application form and steer you in the direction of the visa agents to the right. DO NOT listen to them. DO NOT go into the visa agents office. If you have any problems, direct your complaint to the British Embassy. I am stiil waiting for the results of their inquiry from the complaint i submitted almost 1 year ago!

People in Regents House employed by certain visa agents may try to steer applicants into their offices, and do try to give the impression that they are part of the UK Visa Application Centre.

They are not.

If you are not inside the actual UKVAC then you are not talking to a UKVAC staff member.

If any UKVAC staff member attempts to recommend or suggest that an applicant visit any visa agent then they are committing gross misconduct and should be reported to the UKVAC management; preferably at the time, if not then via their complaints procedure.

If they refused to act, then they and the staff member concerned should be reported to the embassy and VFS Global, the company who run not only the Bangkok UKVAC but similar application centres worldwide for not only the UK government but many others, too..

VFS have a world wide reputation to maintain and will not tolerate their staff behaving in such a way.

I can add that I recently made a complaint about a Visa Application Centre operated by VFS, not the UK, and their enquiry line, regarding inaccurate information given and documents required for submission if a visa, directly to the Operations Manager at VFS Global. Four weeks later I received an apology, confirmation that I had been given the wrong advice and an undertaking that they would embark on increased staff training.