Jomtien Pet Shop

richsilver

Fish and Fur is on the right hand side heading up to Tesco on Theprasit Road. Sells fish and freshwater turtles.....they used to sell smelly rabbits but seem to stick to fish now.

On the other side is Rak Talay sells fresh and Sea water fish, he willeven get you an octupus if you want !!!

Every week end is the Theprasit "Week End Market"....why is it called that ?

You can buy baby animals but I do not reccomend any of it...Ask your self what happened to Mummy and Daddy squirel now that some Thai is selling dozens of baby squirels ?

Manky wee Russian hamsters and dwarf rabbits (boy they will make your house stink) are also available that will live for about 2 months if you are lucky. Baby albino hedghogs...not native toThailand for sure.

Puppies from puppy farms riddled with worms and god knows what else ...might live a few months if you are lucky unless you get it to a vet quick for its shots.

Non native parrot species also available and some other cage birds.

And lastly a few fish shops as well and you take the risk that the Goldfish will snuff it almost as soon as you get home or maybe live for years...

I believe exotic animals belong in the wild not in a cage, not in a house or in a glass tank.

Thailand the land where animal exploitation is "normal". <deleted> sake they even have boxing Urang-utans.....and as for Dolphin shows...they make my blood boil.

If I have not put you off and you really want a pet, check out the classified section of Thai Visa and buy from a Farrang person / breeder.

• Like 1

Puppies from puppy farms riddled with worms and god knows what else ...might live a few months if you are lucky unless you get it to a vet quick for its shots.

And lastly a few fish shops as well and you take the risk that the Goldfish will snuff it almost as soon as you get home or maybe live for years...

There are a lot more dog diseases than in Europe or North America, and if you don't see the vet every two months they won't survive for long.

When I buy fish from the large shop on Third road near the overpass in South Pattaya, they're all dead within a week. Almost all fish from Soi Buakaow market survives. I wonder what makes the difference?