Cancer Is Top Killer Of Thais Among All Diseases

webfact

Quackwatch; questionable cancer cures by Dr. S Barrett. http://www.quackwatc...ics/cancer.html

In any event what does it have to do with the topic? Post all you like. All I am saying is have an accurate title of the thread like Quack cancer cures or Alternative medicine in Thailand, or .......

Why don't you read a little about Quackwatch and Dr Steven Barrett....a retired Psychiatrist no less who appears to be having his legal bills paid for by someone as he has lost several multi million dollar class actions already. Deep pockets for a retired Psychiatrist, unless the rumours are true that he is doing the bidding and s**t stirring for Big Pharma! I can choose what I wish in terms of lifestyle and prevention of disease and I KNOW that there are cures for cancer outside chemo and radiation, and believe me, the big C will not get me, but those who truly believe that there fate rests in the hands of Big Pharma will succumb to its ravages, and when they are gone, they will have made a difference.....to the bottom line of big Pharma....and Dr Steven Barrett.

I agree with you. Take the whole discussion quack or not quack somewhere else unless it is related to Thailand.

But CMK, the thread is going where the contributors want it to go and it is deemed important enough that the thread has been allowed to go there. You have a choice, read another thread, stop opening this one.

Suits me but if you want to discuss quack cures don't get upset if I call them quack cures. Seems to me most expats who can afford it go to a good Thai doctor if something is wrong. There are enough problems with Thai medicine let alone throwing in some witch doctor stuff.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like this thread has turned into quack cancer cures discussed by people with absolutely no medical training instead of, Cancer a killer of Thais. OK by me but don't you think you might open another thread to attract readers who are into reading that type of stuff?

I am surprised they have reached the stage of having computers in your world CMK, and that they have even taught you to read. There are few people that would complain at a post giving dietary information intended to improve your health, the contents of which can be checked. The thread is attracting readers with an interest in Cancer, who are evaluating ways to perhaps prevent it, a wise course of personal action don't you think? There are then others who frequent the thread with a self gratifying sense of superiority who just wish to slag every poster off.

And there are others who know this is a Thai forum and have read the topic, "cancer is top killer of Thais." Thai cancer scams might be a good topic for you to consider. I don't think there is too much in English though. I go to a hospital once a month. I see the little Thai kids in the toy cars with the IV hookups. I don't think it is too funny, sorry. I think cancer in Thailand belongs in the discussion of approved medical procedures. There are enough which doctor types in Thailand as it is.

Do you know why all the Thai kids in the hospitals have iv hook ups? Because in order to claim medical insurance for the kids, they have to be admitted to hospital and the insurance companies do not deem them ill enough without an IV hook up, so the first thing they do when you take your kid in with a bad cough and cold is say...ooooh we recommend we admit him/her, and stick an IV in. Do you know how bad for your health it is for a healthy person who does not need an IV to be given one? The surfeit of IVs given to Thais are so that insurance companies have to pay up.

You wrote, "Do you know why all the Thai kids in the hospital have IV hook ups?" No I don't and neither do you without asking them. You wrote, "Do you know how bad for your health it is for a healthy person who does not need an IV to be given one?" No I don't and neither do you." There is nothing unhealthy about an proper IV per se. It is what's in the IV that might be good or bad.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Every being has the ability to experience the extraordinary. We are not our bodies, so we can experience ourselves separate from them. Time and space can be transcended. There are beings who know this and live this. But knowing about the supernatural and mastering these hidden aspects of life is not the same as knowing the ultimate truth of oneself.

Every being also has the potential to realize the truth of oneself.

All that is experienced is of oneself.

Consciousness is reflecting back on itself, and experiencing itself.

Magic and extraordinary experiences fade in comparison to this ultimate realization.

Do you know why all the Thai kids in the hospitals have iv hook ups? Because in order to claim medical insurance for the kids, they have to be admitted to hospital and the insurance companies do not deem them ill enough without an IV hook up, so the first thing they do when you take your kid in with a bad cough and cold is say...ooooh we recommend we admit him/her, and stick an IV in. Do you know how bad for your health it is for a healthy person who does not need an IV to be given one? The surfeit of IVs given to Thais are so that insurance companies have to pay up.

You wrote, "Do you know why all the Thai kids in the hospital have IV hook ups?" No I don't and neither do you without asking them. You wrote, "Do you know how bad for your health it is for a healthy person who does not need an IV to be given one?" No I don't and neither do you." There is nothing unhealthy about an proper IV per se. It is what's in the IV that might be good or bad.

Well, I think this is a very interesting thread and I hope it continues in the same vein.

• Like 1

Well, I think this is a very interesting thread and I hope it continues in the same vein.

Is that an phlebotomist joke?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

An attempt to understand the root cause of the issue that cancer is the top killer of Thais is essential to a good life in Thailand. The expense of western style cancer treatment may be beyond the reach of many living in Thailand so a preventative approach, if possible, makes sense. Because the profit motive drives Western medicine all treatments are directed at patented drugs, etc. and government regulation of same so I feel like I am on my own to search out effective prevention via health information for consumers from verifiable studies like doctoroz.com/ or newsmaxhealth.com/Cancer etc. I trust but verify and know their are plenty of quacks out there trying to rip me off. Eventually I may have to settle for a "Doctor Watson" treatment plan if I get cancer but I would rather prevent it.

About the only sure thing I know unique to Thailand that is confirmed is certain uncooked NE Thailand fish will give you liver cancer and that area has the highest liver cancer rate in the world. I would like to know where the other cancer hot spots are in Thailand to gain an understanding of what is causing it.

• Like 1

An attempt to understand the root cause of the issue that cancer is the top killer of Thais is essential to a good life in Thailand. The expense of western style cancer treatment may be beyond the reach of many living in Thailand so a preventative approach, if possible, makes sense. Because the profit motive drives Western medicine all treatments are directed at patented drugs, etc. and government regulation of same so I feel like I am on my own to search out effective prevention via health information for consumers from verifiable studies like doctoroz.com/ or newsmaxhealth.com/Cancer etc. I trust but verify and know their are plenty of quacks out there trying to rip me off. Eventually I may have to settle for a "Doctor Watson" treatment plan if I get cancer but I would rather prevent it.

About the only sure thing I know unique to Thailand that is confirmed is certain uncooked NE Thailand fish will give you liver cancer and that area has the highest liver cancer rate in the world. I would like to know where the other cancer hot spots are in Thailand to gain an understanding of what is causing it.

I would imagine you could look at the NASA burning maps for a hint.