Body Work . . .

Rasseru

Not, perhaps, what you are thinking. Or maybe it is.

In any case, I have a new Vespa -- steel bodied, as they are -- that is one of two bikes of mine that were blown over by powerful winds in a recent storm. The Vespa ended up on the bottom. The rear fender was not only significantly scratched, but well dented. I need to find a place in or around town that can do a perfect job -- or at any rate the best job of any here -- of undenting it and repainting it.

Suggestions, particularly any based on recent experience, will be greatly appreciated.

I thought quibbling was what we were all here for, and that topics were just kind of like goalposts for the game.' ~o:37

True. And when silly answers keep bringing the topic to the top of the board there are more views by the audience.

There is a steel fabricating shop that does good work near the overpass at the Airport plaza. It is on a dead end soi just opposite the Nissan dealership on the east side of the overpass. They might have information if they can't do the work themselves. You can only enter the soi coming from the east.

There is a steel fabricating shop that does good work near the overpass at the Airport plaza. It is on a dead end soi just opposite the Nissan dealership on the east side of the overpass. They might have information if they can't do the work themselves. You can only enter the soi coming from the east.

I appreciate your help, rene123. As it happens, I have now found through other means a place where I am going to have the work done.

I appreciate your help, rene123. As it happens, I have now found through other means a place where I am going to have the work done.

A bit late now, but as you said the Vespa is new and not a classic (love them) how much for a new rear fender? smile.png

A bit late now, but as you said the Vespa is new and not a classic (love them) how much for a new rear fender? smile.png

I did not bother to ask, for two reasons. One, I believe it would without question be far more expensive (I am being quoted six thousand baht for repairs and a full paint job) Two, I would have no confidence, based on my experience in ordering various Vespa accessories that have not shown up in a year, that it would ever show up either. :)

• Like 1