Best Way (for A Thai) To Sell A House In Bkk?

Could anyone tell me what is the best way for a Thai to sell a house in BKK? perhaps some #1 agents that can sell to both Thai/farang. Are there web sites I can post some photos for him?

He is an old man so I want to help him in a fast, sucessful way - not putting some tripe on some smarmy website and then waiting for months while a bunch of people low-ball him.

What is the agents cut in Thailand (3%)? Who pays?

Anyway, pls - becasue I know zilch about BKK real estate.

House is worth about 8-9.25 million he informs. Looks very nice, large.

thanks

Pick up one copy of the many weekly or bi-monthly property magaznes available in each bookstore.

There are plenty of agents, or advertise directly(ERA,BCP,etc).

I think 3% is correct ,if you take agent be aware that contract is for a certain time of period , bettween 6 n 12 month.The owner pays the fee.

BTW , this pricerange sells difficult as therer are many new estates coming up and not easy to secure a bankloan for a second hand house.

Edited by visarunner

I like "ERA" ERA is very good & very professional. I had used them before in the USA, but don't know their reputation in thailand though. I know that ERA thailand - has their website in both thai and english.

I don't know about listed under farang agents.....they tend to overpriced everything! and the home will just sit there for months.....

But the positive is that they're targeting farang expats who don't mind buying a second hand home unlike the thais.

Edited by BKK90210

thanks for response. im not aware because im down in pattaya and really only go thru bkk to catch a train or go for dentist these years.

as for why me - hes an old man with litle family. ive been staying at his place (apt) for about 5 yeas, he trusts me and wants to have photos put on the internet - but also thisnks because i am falang, im plugged into everything - irony is i dont think much of real estate agents.

thanks

ps: i think you are right about farang agents from what i see here in pattaya. also this happened to my parents - overpriced their house. sat for almost two years and then the market rocketed and they were caught in bidding war - but would gladly sold a year early for us25k less.

Edited by h5n1

Could anyone tell me what is the best way for a Thai to sell a house in BKK? perhaps some #1 agents that can sell to both Thai/farang. Are there web sites I can post some photos for him?

He is an old man so I want to help him in a fast, sucessful way - not putting some tripe on some smarmy website and then waiting for months while a bunch of people low-ball him.

What is the agents cut in Thailand (3%)? Who pays?

Anyway, pls - becasue I know zilch about BKK real estate.

House is worth about 8-9.25 million he informs. Looks very nice, large.

thanks

where in bkk is the house? any pics? for what it's worth, i've a few mates looking to buy if the location suits (and the house, obviously).

Hang a house for sale signboard in front of the house, you will start seeing the honey agents knocking your door. Negotiate with agent about commission, some agent charge less. Do not allow a particular agent to represent you for more than one year.

You could list it on Baht&SOLD. Majority are direct from owners & property search is #1 user preference on the site. Massive traffic but no garauntees of course. If you get a referral which leads to a sale, a maximum 1% fee is incurred. New DEDICATED Real Estate site lauching from it next month. Good luck on a sale regardless :o