Where To Buy Hp50G Calculator In Bkk

Bpuumike

Hello all,

A simple question but I'm up in the Kalasin 'Bermuda Triangle'

Next time through BKK I need to buy an HP50G calculator so all recommendations welcome.

I suspect Fortune or Pantip (obviously I need an original) but I won't have time to shop around.

If mention of specific retailers is not allowed then a PM would be welcome. I can't seem to find anything via Google.

Many thanks wai2.gif

I'd didn't think anyone used stand-alone scientific calculators any more with 99.9% of people having smart phones (how wrong I was).

Anyway, no idea where you'd get one in BKK, how about an emulator? http://www.educalc.net/2140088.page

By the way, no issue with mentioning specific retailers as long as it's not a name-and-shame type post.

Gents,

Thanks for your replies.

Indeed I haven't used a stand-alone for some 25 years and there are specific reasons for needing one now.

The HP50g has an engineering program app for on-the-spot calculations. These are in hazardous locations (oil & gas present) where our dear HSE folk won't allow any other platform (mobile phone, netbook, etc) due to explosion risks.

Surprisingly to me too, the calculators are readily available, so obviously still popular, on the likes of Amazon and many other overseas sites. Not an option for me as I need at short notice, so can't be hand-carried by an eventual visitor.

Thanks Barry and Pantip will be my first stop.

Closest I have is an emulator for a hp48.

Free for Android phones/tablets.

Search for droid48.

post-4701-13600325388507_thumb.jpg

Looking at the picture, how about this ?

SharpPC1211_6.jpg

This was a "cool" calculator. thumbsup.gif in the days wink.png

quite a bit OT of course wai2.gif mea culpa.

Edited by JakeBKK

Oh yes,

The HP41C was seriously cool back in about 1981 and probably cost the equivalent of a good laptop today (I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid for a Mac in 1988). Since then I've completely lost track of models as there are better alternatives.

Unfortunately I need the HP50g specifically so will keep looking on.

Thanks for the entertaining suggestion thumbsup.gif