Bringing Food Into Los.

Jockstar

Ok guys. One for the experts. I'm off to Scotland in April and was thinking about bringing a few things back.ie square sausage, tattie scones and a few other things. For the things that would go off quickly i will get then shrink wrapped. Can i bring such things in? Or am i dreaming and forget about it? Cheers in advance.

Ok guys. One for the experts. I'm off to Scotland in April and was thinking about bringing a few things back.ie square sausage, tattie scones and a few other things. For the things that would go off quickly i will get then shrink wrapped. Can i bring such things in? Or am i dreaming and forget about it? Cheers in advance.

I don't think that tattie scones are a problem to bring in - but you can make them very easily here.

From a hygiene point of view raw meat would have to be packed with ice-packs. I'm not sure about whether you are allowed to bring in raw meats. But they would just take them off you if you're not- it's not a deporting issue, or even a fine in most cases. But, with the amount of people going through Don Muang it's highly unlikely anyone would notice.

If you are ever planning to make lorne sausage here I know someone that can get you all the sawdust you need!

I've brought fruit back (as well as Cheetos) and have never had any problems. When my nephew first came he stopped at the "declare" line and told them he had a banana in his carry on (he's lived in CA).They just looked at him like he was crazy and said, "We have lots of bananas here". :o

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I made tattie scones and my wife's grandmother ate them (90 year-old Isaan Lady) - she loved them!!

Haggis...but make shure they are dead and well packed before you travel with them.

Knew one guy who actually had an import permit (vietnam -15 years ago) but the customs said No and he had to "do them in" somewhere in the arrivals hall at the Hanoi Mok Bai airport.