Costs Prostate Biopsy?

bod

Bod,

I had a prostrate biopsy about 5 months ago at a Urologists office in Houston,it is not a big deal, wide awake during the whole procedure, usually 12 samples are taken via a thin needle very little discomfort and took about 30 minutes or so this; biopsy led to radiation treatment for prostrate cancer.. Be sure to get a Urologists that knows what he is doing.I don't know what the cost in Houston was as it was paid by Medicare. Would guess local cost about baht 10,000 or less at one of the lower cost hospitals.Good luck.

Lefty

Go and see Dr. Viroj Chodchoy at Bumrungrad Hospital for consultation (Cost under 1.000 baht). He is one of the best urologist in the country. I am currently under his care.

A biopsy at Bumrungrad may cost you up to 80,000 baht (very expensive). A friend of mine did his at Sriraj Hospital and was charged under 10,000 baht including a 1 night stay - this is the government/public hospital. Make sure you go to Sriraj Hospital not Sriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital.

• 10 months later...

Go and see Dr. Viroj Chodchoy at Bumrungrad Hospital for consultation (Cost under 1.000 baht). He is one of the best urologist in the country. I am currently under his care.

A biopsy at Bumrungrad may cost you up to 80,000 baht (very expensive). A friend of mine did his at Sriraj Hospital and was charged under 10,000 baht including a 1 night stay - this is the government/public hospital. Make sure you go to Sriraj Hospital not Sriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital.

This is a 10-month old thread, but I want to add it's 20,000 bt at Pattaya International Hospital. Am about to get poked by Dr Jessada.

Thanks to those who recommended him by name in several threads.