Can A Valid Thai Visa Stamp Can Be Overtaken To Another Passboard?

Hi!

The validility of my passboard runs out next year!

After that I can get replacement from my embassy in bk for one year only, it's not like a real new passboard but can use same for travel!

So how the process look in Thailand, to get same visa stamp again when passboard must be renewed?

Must pay again the full fee in Thailand or not?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

To obtain a Thai visa your passport must be valid for at least six months and for one year visas a validity of 18 months would be required so a one year passport is not of much use for most people for more than travel home. It is not clear what you are actually asking - as said a visa can not be transferred into a new passport but if valid can continue to be used by presenting both passports. Your current permitted to stay stamp is transferred into your new passport without charge.

Your last entry into the country stamp is also transferred.

Just today I had stamps transferred from my old/expiring passport to my new/renewed passport. The last entry into the country stamp and my retirement extension of stay stamp were transferred. And since my old passport was expiring in late Apr 13 when I applied for my yearly retirement extension of stay last year they only approved the retirement extension of stay until late Apr 13 versus the full 12 month extension which would have went to early Oct 13 in my case. Today while transferring the stamps today the new/transferred retirement extension of stay stamp was dated for early Oct 13....that is, they added in the remaining months to give me the full 12 months for my latest retirement extension of stay.

Hi!

Then I understand when validility is lower then 18 month , then it's impossible to get one year non imigrant o again!, on same passboard !

Good to know this!

I was thinking a Thaivisa is always possible to get, when passboard have still validility , also shortly before running out!

But in this case a crossover scenario,

can never happen,during that time a Thaivisa is valid!

In other words, my current visa runs out before my passboard finish, and Iam unable to apply for a new one, until I have a new passboard !

Question , has been cleared now!

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app