Ferang Female ######!

impy_la_blimpy

Guys :o

I had the displeasure this eveing of reading a rather worrying and extreme article about the 'plight' of ferang women in Thailand/Bangkok particularly, and what an utterly lonely existence they apparantly have! I copied a short extract:

"But for single Western caucasian women . . . .it's a different story. Accomplishments in the office are often overshadowed by solitary private lives, and even the most casual Saturday night date with a man is a distant memory. Many such women feel their chances of having relationships are negligible while they are in Asia.

"It certainly is difficult for a single Western career woman anywhere in Asia to have a fulfilling life," says David Bailey, a counsellor in Bangkok with Psychological Services International."

So - what's the deal? Should I indeed be fearing the grim and barron existence that apparantly awaites me throughout my forthcoming year in Bangkok? Or is this a little exaggerated?

Whilst I'm under no illusion about the appeal of Thai women to ferrang men is it REALLY as bad for ferrang women as it sounds?? :D

Please advise!! :D

Guys :o

So - what's the deal? Should I indeed be fearing the grim and barron existence that apparantly awaites me throughout my forthcoming year in Bangkok? Or is this a little exaggerated?

Whilst I'm under no illusion about the appeal of Thai women to ferrang men is it REALLY as bad for ferrang women as it sounds?? :D

Please advise!! :D

Hmm, can not say for sure. Please post a picture of you as well as your "vital statistics", so that we can give you an enlightened advice,... :D:D

Nah, you'll be alright, unless you're expecting to have guys swarming around you 24/7.

And if not, my Western dyke friends report there's a great lesbian scene in Bangkok too - if you can't get farang men to take you out on a date - steal their dates instead! Experimenting is on the vogue in Bkk. :o

Not to mention Thai guys.

I am also thinking about the fate of my social life, I am looking at taking a job in Nakhon Si Thammarat in the south of Thailand. Good job, lousy social life makes for a lonely time in Thailand

Have you ever been to Nakhorn Si Thammarat?

Do you speak fluent Thai?

If the answer to these two questions is no, I would suggest that you ask your prospective employer for a trial period before you take your final decision (or at least that you spend some time there before deciding),...

I don't drink but I do like music, I like the Thai bar on the corner past the Baskin Robbins. I like when the Siam band is playing at Full circle or that other bar on the south part of Chaweng.

I get the sense that you don't have much respect for Thai men with Farang woman. Tell me more.

Hmm, can not say for sure. Please post a picture of you as well as your "vital statistics", so that we can give you an enlightened advice,... :o:D

lol . . .I'm not a 'minger' if that's what you're implying Blue :D

I was not implying anything.

As I was saying on another thread, at the beginning, you will probably have to rely on your colleagues, whoever they are,...

After a few weeks (months?) of being here, if you have no problem mixing with people (farang or thai, male or female, and I think you don't), I am sure you will do fine.

Anyway, do not overly worry, your integration and happiness in Thailand are really up to you and if you want to make it, you will make it (like many farang, male AND female here) :D