Chiang Mai In Late March - Higher Altitude Resort?

mitebbots

I'll be travelling with a some close friends in March. Have been thru Chiang Mai on the bus, but that's about it. This is their first Thailand trip.

They want to stay at the Tamarind for 3 nights then out of town a bit. My idea is to get up in the higher elevations so it will be a tad cooler for them. they like the Lanna Accent http://www.lannaaccent.com/index.html and I'm not sure this will be far enough out of Chiang Mai. Price is not really an issue. keep it within a 2 hour bus ride I suppose.

If anyone has any ideas would appreciate it.

In late March, being at the 19th parallel above the Equator, CMai itself is very hot (unless your friends are used to hot weather). You'd have to get pretty high on a mountain to escape the heat. If I remember, it gets 2 degrees cooler (Celsius) for every 1,000 feet increase in altitude. I'd be surprised if you can get the altitude from the websites, but maybe there are such maps on the internet now.

In late March, being at the 19th parallel above the Equator, CMai itself is very hot (unless your friends are used to hot weather). You'd have to get pretty high on a mountain to escape the heat. If I remember, it gets 2 degrees cooler (Celsius) for every 1,000 feet increase in altitude. I'd be surprised if you can get the altitude from the websites, but maybe there are such maps on the internet now.

Agreed - I was up Doi Suthep today, absolutely sizzling!