Indian Spices And Other Ingredients. Where To Get?

Oink

Now there are a load more Indians in Pattaya and a new Indian restaurant opening every week, they must be getting their supplies of spices etc from somewhere. Is there an Indian wholesaler hidden away somewhere?

The supermarkets only have cook-in sauces imported from the UK (which nearly cost as much as a meal) and the Asian shops in Soi 17 2nd Rd. are empty of anything.

Edited by Rimmer

You can get most spices in makro.

For herbs and spices and food products, beer you can't get try arrgh I think I've forgotten the name ......... Royal foods (??) in Pattaya the other side of the Sukhumvit road .

They've moved from the original shop in ...... Pattaya plaza on Sukhumvit (????) ...... turn left into the soi before/ next to the next 7/11 after the Plaza (if I've got the name right) and keep going over the railway line and up the hill. When the hill starts to bend round it is somewhere there on the bend on the righthand side opposite a housing estate. Set in it's own car park.

Behind tuk com there is a mosque ,do not know the name of the street ,but loads of Indian stores selling everything you could want and far cheaper than the stores like Makro.

They are the ones I refer to as "the Asian shops in Soi 17 2nd Rd." I could only find two selling Indian foodstuffs, but they are empty of everything. One next to the Hindu Temple and one about four shops down. Edited by Oink

You can get most spices in makro.

For herbs and spices and food products, beer you can't get try arrgh I think I've forgotten the name ......... Royal foods (??) in Pattaya the other side of the Sukhumvit road .

They've moved from the original shop in ...... Pattaya plaza on Sukhumvit (????) ...... turn left into the soi before/ next to the next 7/11 after the Plaza (if I've got the name right) and keep going over the railway line and up the hill. When the hill starts to bend round it is somewhere there on the bend on the righthand side opposite a housing estate. Set in it's own car park.

So its up a Soi with a 7/11 on the corner! Right that should be easy!thumbsup.gif

If you google Royal exquisite foods pattaya it finds it's old location between Sukhumvit sois 59 and 61 , just past that is the 7/11 on the corner of soi Boomsampan which is the soi to enter and as said keep following up the hill until the corner where the housing estates are. There's a bar next to it. I think the housing estate directly opposite has a small swimming pool in the corner near the road.

There is usually a spice section in the supermarkets that foreigners frequent like best, foodland, central, villa...I have bought cumin, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, coriander seed etc etc...and really, there is no difficulty in getting them

Unless it is some very exotic spice that you are looking for?

The spices are separately sold in little packs for retail, not wholesale.