Samut Prakan Predator Molests Young Child Again: Thailand

webfact

Samut Prakan Predator Molests Young Child Again

A 40-year-old Samut Prakan man previously convicted of child molestation was arrested for sexually abusing a 2-year old girl. The victim had been left in an illegal day-care center run by the suspect’s wife. The suspect was held without bail.

SAMUT PRAKAN – February 6, 2013 [PDN]; the arrest of a man for sexually molesting a child was made by the Bangphlee detective police team. The suspect was identified as Pechnamneung To-eam, age 40. He denied the charges, although police had forensic evidence that he had committed a sexual violation of a girl who was 1 year and 9 months old, according to the arrest warrant of Samutprakarn provincial court.

newsjs

The police were notified by the mother of the girl who came to report the crime, accompanied by Mrs. Paweena Hongsakul, chairman of the Paweena Hongsakul foundation for children and women.

The mother said she had left her daughter to be fed by the nursery in Amphur Bangphlee, because she had to go to work. The nursery was operated by Mrs. Sombat, the wife of the suspect. But after the mother picked up her daughter to go back home, she saw evidence of sexual abuse committed against her daughter. She took her daughter to the hospital, and the doctor comfirmed that a sexual violation was done to her daughter.

The mother then asked for assistance from Mrs. Paweena to notify the police. After the mother of the girl contacted her, Mrs. Paweena coordinated with officers to investigate the suspect. They discovered he had previously sexually assaulted another 2-year-old girl.

In that prior case, a psychologist and social worker worked together with the victim. They asked her questions about what happened, and the victimized girl also pointed to a picture of Mr. Pechnamneung to confirm that he had committed a sexual violation against her.

Full story: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/02/07/samut-prakan-predator-molests-young-child-again/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-02-07

In the other English language newspaper it was reported that the victims mother had spoken to other parents at the centre after the assault on her child. Allegedly they knew of the offenders activities against their children, but had not reported him to police as they were paid 6k baht as compensation. Appears to be no concern for other children by the parents involved, repulsive morality, but appears to be accepted as normal practice to receive financial compensation, rather than going through the judicial process.

• Like 2

In the other English language newspaper it was reported that the victims mother had spoken to other parents at the centre after the assault on her child. Allegedly they knew of the offenders activities against their children, but had not reported him to police as they were paid 6k baht as compensation. Appears to be no concern for other children by the parents involved, repulsive morality, but appears to be accepted as normal practice to receive financial compensation, rather than going through the judicial process.

Compensation for a crime of this nature, or indeed any other crime for that matter, defies logic and therefore the need for any laws or due judicial process. Compensation as deemed necessary by the courts after judgement and as part of the sentencing process I understand; but this I do not.

Can anyone tell me whether these kind of compensation payments are standard within the framework of Thai law, or has this idiotic practice evolved simply because the authorities and police invented it.

If so, why?

Perhaps, to save them time from having to do any real police work while they pursue their otherwise corrupt and illegal 'business' activities?

What a awesome morning this morning, birds singing no smoke in the air, slight but friendly chill in the air, and a nice hot cup of joe.

Sit down to TV and then I read this F*king Sh*t. Boiling blood now!mad.gif

"no concern for other children" ? No concern for their own children if they take 6000 baht to let them be raped.

If it was my daughter I would happily go to jail for the rest of my life afte I was finished taking good care of him with my extensive tool collection bless the many horror movies I've seen for the inspiration in regards to how I would make him suffer ....... no one would be able to hear him scream while the live video feed was uploaded to the net for the world to see how scum like this deserves to die