U.s. Visitors Visa

I have made an appointment for my new wife for a Visitors Visa with the U.S. Embassy for March 22.

I have the following information for them:

Both of our Passports.

Record of our wedding

Lease of a Condo in Jomtien Beach

Copy of her Farm land

Copy of the paperwork of her child in the University

Here is some background on us:

Her: She is a 48 year old Widow from Ubon. She has a child in the University and a younger daughter in High School. She inherited a farm from her deceased Husband 8 years ago, and still owns it. She also has never worked in a bar.

Me: I am a 65 year male, drawing pension benefits from the U.S. here, and plan to stay here.

Us: I met her on the Internet last year, and after lengthily correspondence, we met the first of the year, and moved in together to Jomtien Beach. The lease is in both of our names.

We have had a Buddhist wedding her in Jomtien Beach the end of February, and plan to have a legal wedding in Ubon on March 15. We have completed all of the paperwork for this as of today.

It would be nice to have my new wife visit my family in the States, for a short time, and we have no plans to immigrate there.

Does anybody have any information for us on other than the above documentation, what else would be helpful to us?

Thanx.

I would include your pension information and as you want them to know you plan to stay in Thailand and have the means to do so. Probably the more information she knows about your intended visit and what her/your long term plans are will be useful for interview. I would also include your history from internet to visits to help show this is not a Vegas marriage (the fact you are applying for a visa a week after official marriage may be a little suspect)

Not sure I understand the reference to a record of a "Buddhist wedding her in Jomtien Beach" unless you mean a video or photographs. You realize this has no legal standing. Also hope you realize that there is no ceremony when you register the marriage. Just signing some papers.

If you have a joint bank account I would include copies of passbook. Should also include her tambien baan.

Personally I don't think you will have any problems, biggest issue will be to convince consular officer that your wife has ties to you and you have ties to Thailand. They will assume you are trying to get her into US and marry there with no intention of returning. It is always best to try and understand the other person’s perspective (even if it pisses you off)

TH

Show photocopies of all visas and Thai stamps in your passport, showing that you have lived here for sometime, show the condo rental agreement as well. Seems like it shouldn't be hard but you need to show you have significant ties here as well her.

Me: I am a 65 year male, drawing pension benefits from the U.S. here, and plan to stay here.

Us: I met her on the Internet last year, and after lengthily correspondence, we met the first of the year, and moved in together to Jomtien Beach. The lease is in both of our names.

We have had a Buddhist wedding her in Jomtien Beach the end of February, and plan to have a legal wedding in Ubon on March 15. We have completed all of the paperwork for this as of today.

It would be nice to have my new wife visit my family in the States, for a short time, and we have no plans to immigrate there.

Does anybody have any information for us on other than the above documentation, what else would be helpful to us?

Thanx.

Playing Devil's avocate here. It looks like you have known her for less than a year. Have only known her in person for less than three months and have been married for less than one month. Is this correct? Further, since you didn't actually meet her before the first of the year, I'm guessing that's because you didn't actually live in Thailand until recently as well.

An outsider could easily see this as a quicky wedding to get someone to the States. You really should provide more information showing you will be returning to Thailand. You definately should have something other than a tourist visa in your passport.