Vacuum Cleaning Robots -- Sold In Thailand Yet And If Not, Why Not?

Jingthing

Yes. Power buy, central chonburi.

Thank you. I was getting set to whine about a conspiracy theory along the lines of why automated sex toys are illegal here!

You like a hoover that plays hard to get ? tongue.png

90% sure it was there, definitley saw one somewhere recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry. Totally my mistake.

I meant to ask about robots that actually CLEANED floors (with wet stuff).

Not robots that VACUUM floors (all dry).

Power Buy sells this:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaner/robot/VCR8855L4B/XEU

But not this:

http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12546044&cp=2174932&s=A-ProductAge&parentPage=family

There is also a shop on Thong Lo on the right-hand side (coming from sukhumvit) that sells the roombas, maybe they have a wet one too, im not sure. I was walking past and saw the display with several of the vacuums inside a glass enclosure, near the shop that sells Ducati motorcycles.

When I was in the states for christmas, a friend got one and we were thoroughly entertained watching his small house dog try to figure it out. It was the dry version.

There are many places in Pattaya where people go to buy floor cleaning robots...unfortunately they soon find that the things have a mind of their own and have rapidly increasing maintainance cost. They also have rapid depreciation and get very very noisy. There are some wet models available but many models available in Pattaya are of the dry kind. They have been known to have the intelligence to contract their work out to serve others retaining the profits.

I understand there are are some places in Bangkok like Nana where they may be available too.

Owing to tight control of the market very few are available new and used models are more readily available.

Edited by harrry

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry. Totally my mistake.

I meant to ask about robots that actually CLEANED floors (with wet stuff).

Not robots that VACUUM floors (all dry).

Power Buy sells this:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaner/robot/VCR8855L4B/XEU

But not this:

http://store.irobot.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12546044&cp=2174932&s=A-ProductAge&parentPage=family

The fact that it's about twice the price here than in UK may have something to do with why nobody buys them here.

Central World Bangkok has the exact same model,in a hobbyist shop next to Power Buy.They also had a big show a couple of weeks ago with them and robot pool-cleaners,complete with models and ticker tape!

There are many places in Pattaya where people go to buy floor cleaning robots...unfortunately they soon find that the things have a mind of their own and have rapidly increasing maintainance cost. They also have rapid depreciation and get very very noisy. There are some wet models available but many models available in Pattaya are of the dry kind. They have been known to have the intelligence to contract their work out to serve others retaining the profits.

I understand there are are some places in Bangkok like Nana where they may be available too.

Owing to tight control of the market very few are available new and used models are more readily available.

lame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...