Thai Airways Website Is A Nightmare

UbonOz

I always book by phone. Have Your Orchid number and credit card number ready. I get confirmation by mail right away.

Can't see any reason for using an agent nowadays. It's expensive enough as it is.

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, have had problems in past & now mainly call reservations to make bookings.

Only use website for inquiry.

It is not user friendly, eg :-

- cannot change flight info mid way have to back to start again.

- cannot part pay+ points or do upgrade with points on line.

Needs a complete overall, not only website!!!

I fly Thai Air about at least twice a MONTH--mostly domestic Thai flights. The website isn't any better/worse many others--but the last two weeks they have have some server issues and I had the same problems as the first post. It seems to have cleared up this week though.

It is a disaster. When you choose your country it can happily take 5 minutes to populate the departures drop down. The ironic part is that I am in Thailand and I was checking the Thai site. Awful.

Agree. Useless site - lack of investment and somebody's idiot nephew probably taken on as webmaster. Makes you wonder at how well the aircraft are maintained if they cannot manage a website. I too only fly them domestic after I was bumped out of (paid for) business into economy so the crew could have my seat for an in-flight rest!

• Like 1

I just went into www.thaiairways.com and quickly checked - 1. Ubon is on the list 2. It took me less than a minute to go from the start upto travellers details. Only once before it bombed out during payment and that was due to the internet disconnecting. One thing thats missing on Thai air is travel insurrance, but now I have taken out an annual policy which covers us for trips outside Thailand.

Vietnam airlines are a pain they send you updates on flights every other day, without changing anything and later you get confused. We recently flew with them and the service wasnt bad, just their airports drive me crazy. At some airports you must show your bag stub when leaving the airport building.

Korean air's website is the worst if you want to book domestic flights from outside of Korea. Malaysian air kept destinations on their list but discontinued the flights. Took an email to them to find out they don't fly there anymore. Air Asia is ok but you must go through the whole process to find out what it will cost you, with add on's. Jetstar, Tiger air, Singapore air etc is sometimes a pain, you think they are cheap until you find out you will have 2 stops and a 11 hour flight will take you 24 hours.

In the end its a personnal choice who to fly with, but I enjoy Thai air.

• Like 1

I've always had problems with their website. So just gave up and fly with other airlines. Do they still operate domestic flights from the international airport? This would surely be a convenience when coming to and leaving Thailand, and would be the main reason I'd try them again in the future.

I book only TG for all internal flights...have done for four years, and never had a single problem.

I am suspicious that some other airlines' trolls are encouraged to bash Thai Air from time to time.

Last Monday, on Thai Smile, I was on a very new B 777 from Bkk to CM. So, no problem with planes, no problem with website.

The real plus in booking with Thai is that you know precisely, right at the beginning, what you are going to have to pay, taxes included.

• Like 1

Since Thsaismile was started, you can not book a fligt from Europe (Stockholm) to Krabi. when you select Krabi and try to find flights, you get a pop up telling that BKK -Krabi is operated by Thaismile from August 16th. One would think this is just for my information, but you can not continue.

Have e-mailed Thai both in Stockholm and BKK, and finally got the information that if I book multi stop it works.

Booked SAS and got the reservation in few minutes.

Thai smile is treated as a nonralted company by its mother company, while most other airlinse have figured out how to book an international flight including Thai smile. This happened in September, but it is still not working.

I have a disability and have travelled several times between New Zealand and Thailand. I find there online booking excellent and easy to understand compared with some other airlines. They look after me very well. I think they are excellent.

• Like 1

I book only TG for all internal flights...have done for four years, and never had a single problem.

I am suspicious that some other airlines' trolls are encouraged to bash Thai Air from time to time.

Last Monday, on Thai Smile, I was on a very new B 777 from Bkk to CM. So, no problem with planes, no problem with website.

The real plus in booking with Thai is that you know precisely, right at the beginning, what you are going to have to pay, taxes included.

I am certainly not any airline's troll.

I am a paying customer who expects a certain level of service when parting with my hard earned cash.

If I do not get that service I certainly make it known that I am not satisfied.

In this instance I have been treated badly. I still do not know if the funds have been returned to my credit card or when it is likely to happen.

I have done nothing wrong, I just want to fly from A to B, I still do not have a ticket, this saga has been going on since Wednesday. How long should I wait and how long does it take to get a ticket for a seat on an aircraft?

Before I retired I was in business, I always, always, ensured if a customer had a grievance for whatever reason I would rectify the problem at my expense, not say bad luck you have to re-book again. They should fix the problem.

Just one other item, Thai Smile do not have any B777, they only have A320, it would have been a Thai Airways B777.

I've always had problems with their website. So just gave up and fly with other airlines. Do they still operate domestic flights from the international airport? This would surely be a convenience when coming to and leaving Thailand, and would be the main reason I'd try them again in the future.

Thai Air still operate from BKK - only Air Asia, Nok air and other low cost carriers moved to DMK. The web site for both domestic and international flights is good until I try to pay with my Australian Credit Card and then its a matter of luck. Sometimes I give up and make a phone reservation which costs one or two hunderd THB more for domestic flights. Almost all the flights with TG have been OK -acceptable service, fand food. Though they still sometimes use remote parking stands at BKK involving bus transfer when there are numerous contact (with aerobridges) stands free.

My GF often uses Nok Air from DMK to Udon Thani. Books by phone then nips round to the 7-11, pays and gets an eticket printout. simple, quick and fares cheaper.

I make most international flights with Singapore airlines and their web site is good and few hassels, and you get the full price straight up. Qantas and Virgin Australia also have efficient sites, with up front prices. The Garuda site is unusual to say the least - same goes for EVA. Cathay is fine.

I am a frequent flyer of Thai Airways doing at least 50,000 miles per year for both international and domestic routes, 100% economy class. Without fail, I'll make all my own bookings online and its like almost every other week, I think the online booking is a breeze, I like it and have no problem with it at all. Only feedback I have for TG is please allow online change of flights instead of calling the TG office which I do have one big coomplain, there's always not enough staff to handle the calls.

• Like 1

I only ever use them for internal flights. Their international cabin service is awful and they are overpriced.

Any examples, complaints made to the airline or just Thai bashing?

I do not believe it is "Thai Bashing". My frustration would be voiced regardless of country etc.

Please refer to last paragraph of Post #10.

I went with a thaiairways flight almost a year ago. It was overpriced, and they used an old airplane with old cabin crew who didnt care much about passengers or their job coz they've work there more than enough. The food tasted horrible. The return flight was ok, but food was still horrible.

I booked a Thai air flight from Udonthani to Bkk last week. What a hassle. The website 'timed out' (? ) three times while I was in the pay mode. Gave up and used the 'pay at bank or counter' mode. No problem there. Went to airport the next day and paid cash. UH OH, checked my bank accounts and three pending payments equal to the ticket price. Sent email to my bank with info, a couple of days later everything ok. Should have never happened. If I book Thai air again, I'll use the web to book and pay at counter. Still didn't get to pick seat.

I always book by phone. Have Your Orchid number and credit card number ready. I get confirmation by mail right away.

Can't see any reason for using an agent nowadays. It's expensive enough as it is.

Which phone number do you use? There are so many, it is hit and miss to get someone that is useful.

The only beef I have got with the Thai service is bonus points system, you have to be in the group checking in.

Having amassed quite a few Royal Silk loyalty points over the years, I went to book a flight for my kids from London to Bangkok before Xmas. When we got to the point where you pay the tax for the flight, I was told that the credit card holder ( i.e. me ) had to be with the group when they checked in. I told them that I would be meeting them on arrival and was then told I had to find another way to pay. So had to phone back another day repeat the process giving my son's credit card number which is not an ideal or secure way to do it.

Even when I called reservations last night their phone system does not work correctly.

"Press 9 for English", I press 9 and it continues in Thai, have no idea what to do next.

Did eventually get through to a supposedly English language person who did not understand the difference between Ubon and Udon.

Even if you say Ubon Ratchathani and Udon Thani they still don't understand the difference? Reminds me of the cluelessness of some clerks in dept stores.

They are now listed as an unsafe airline, the planes are old and i hate the Airbus 346 they use, the company is in a mess since sacking the President. Because of this I took the decision to look for a long term reliable airline for all my flights to LHR so now always fly Eva and became a cardholder. Prices are slightly cheaper than thai, same direct flights, comfortable Boeing 777 planes and good flight times

Please supply the reference where they are classed as an unsafe airline? If this was really the case they would be banned from EU and US airspace, put up or stop trolling.

I am sure this breaches forum rules and is slander

Edited by RabC

The only beef I have got with the Thai service is bonus points system, you have to be in the group checking in.

Having amassed quite a few Royal Silk loyalty points over the years, I went to book a flight for my kids from London to Bangkok before Xmas. When we got to the point where you pay the tax for the flight, I was told that the credit card holder ( i.e. me ) had to be with the group when they checked in. I told them that I would be meeting them on arrival and was then told I had to find another way to pay. So had to phone back another day repeat the process giving my son's credit card number which is not an ideal or secure way to do it.

Standard airline practice to prevent fraud, nothing specific to Thai.

Have just checked the Thai Smile site again, it loads very slowly.

Ubon Ratchathani(UBP) does not appear. As mentioned before it did the other day.

It is Thai Smile aircraft which are used BKK/UBP/BKK.

I think I will send an email to Thai Airways with a link to this topic on this forum. Will be interesting to see if they reply.

As I say in my profile - "As long as people accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it".

+1...I had a similar problem today with Thai Smiles website.

I only ever use them for internal flights. Their international cabin service is awful and they are overpriced.

Any examples, complaints made to the airline or just Thai bashing?

You have obviously never attempted to book a flight on the Thai Air website. If you had, you would not have made this comment.

I've flown near a hundred flights at varying times both international and domestic paying with my UK amex card and haven't had any issues.. not saying they don't exist but I have been quite happy with the service over the years..

Kurt