1 Year Multi-entry Visa

Okay, so I send an email to my local Honorary Consul about getting a One Year Multi-Entry Visa. I did mention I was contemplating retirement and wanted to look at Thailand.

He sent me back a visa application for a retirement visa. Eight Hundred Thousand Baht in the bank, please. Need this form and that report and the medical thingy, etc etc etc.

Okay, so I went back to the Thai-Visa website and double checked their recommendation about getting the multi-entry visa. That seems to be a different visa than a retirement visa. Or am I just being dense. It seems so, but normally I float in water.

Can someone clue me in? I wasn't going to apply for a retirement visa until I was pretty darn sure I wanted to actually retire there. But I thought a multi-entry visa (requiring a visa run every 90 days) would be just the ticket for my initial long term visit while I sorted things out and made up my mind.

Jeepz

Oh Man! I just realized I stuck this in the wrong section! Sorry Sorry Sorry. My Bad!

Multiple Entry

The validity of this visa is 12 months from date of issue and allows a visitor to enter Thailand on as many occasions as required within the validity of the visa provided no single stay exceeds 90 days. On expiry of the final visit they must depart and cannot return without a new visa which must be obtained outside Thailand.

You need evidence of reason for visit OR Letter of guarantee

If you are visiting your spouseyou must provide copy of marriage certificate (in English).

If you are visiting friends (tourism) then you must provide a written guarantee (see below).

The wording of such a letter to be as follows:-

Name of guarantor

Address of guarantor

Date

I (name of guarantor) have known (name of applicant) for ___ years and understand him/her to have sufficient funds to meet any reasonable costs which may be incurred during their stay in Thailand including the cost of returning to the UK. However, in the event of it being necessary I (name of guarantor) hereby undertake to meet any expenses which may be incurred by (name of visitor) including the cost of repatriation.

Signature of guarantor