Fitness & Supplements, Where To Buy ?

poanoi

Currently living in Patong, I've found prices to at Phuket Health Shop to be very reasonable (sometimes cheaper than back in Australia). I'll motorbike out to the actual store in Rawai to get supplements (mainly protein, intra-workout stuff etc), but they'll deliver for free anyway!

Prices at the leading/popular Patong supplement stores are terrible, hugely overpriced (comes with the territory I suppose). However I've found a couple of other smaller stores in the area that will match or slightly beat PHS, but don't have the same large range of products.

Currently living in Patong, I've found prices to at Phuket Health Shop to be very reasonable (sometimes cheaper than back in Australia). I'll motorbike out to the actual store in Rawai to get supplements (mainly protein, intra-workout stuff etc), but they'll deliver for free anyway!

Prices at the leading/popular Patong supplement stores are terrible, hugely overpriced (comes with the territory I suppose). However I've found a couple of other smaller stores in the area that will match or slightly beat PHS, but don't have the same large range of products.

To build muscle you just don't need all the crap these supplement companies are touting.

All I use is a raw WPC direct from US manufacturers without all the fancy labels and other crap they put into it.

I use coconut water as my electrolytes and cup of coffee as a preworkout energizer.

Then some good solid hard work.

All I ever bought form Phuket Health was some straps - and they didn't last long. No fault of theirs - Gaspari doesn't make his straps very strong.

For anyone who feels the need to buy all this fancy muscle building stuff - they are very reliable and have good prices.

I don't make judgements on what (few) supplements I take based on shiny labelling and flashy terms. After researching & trying various products, I stick to those that I find work & benefit my exercise regime, regardless if sold at supplement stores or not. Always happy to hear suggested alternatives.

Though the OP's question was where to buy such items, for a reasonable price, tried to stick with that. Plus PHS was already mentioned, but only briefly.

Edited by b0x

I don't make judgements on what (few) supplements I take based on shiny labelling and flashy terms. After researching & trying various products, I stick to those that I find work & benefit my exercise regime, regardless if sold at supplement stores or not. Always happy to hear suggested alternatives.

Though the OP's question was where to buy such items, for a reasonable price, tried to stick with that.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean any offense. I was just giving my own personal view on bodybuilding supplements in general - that they're highly overrated and generally a waste of money.

I've come to this conclusion after nearly 4 decades in the pits and having wasted a truck load of money in years gone by.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

To build muscle you just don't need all the crap these supplement companies are touting.

All I use is a raw WPC direct from US manufacturers without all the fancy labels and other crap they put into it.

I use coconut water as my electrolytes and cup of coffee as a preworkout energizer.

All I ever bought form Phuket Health was some straps - and they didn't last long. No fault of theirs - Gaspari doesn't make his straps very strong.

For anyone who feels the need to buy all this fancy muscle building stuff - they are very reliable and have good prices.

Well Protein powder surely helps a lot.

Creatine is proofed to work.

BCAAs may (or may not) help a little bit

The rest I think doesn't make sense. Maybe with one exception, if taking steroids and gaining huge weight in very short time it might be necessary to supplement other things.

The rest I think doesn't make sense. Maybe with one exception, if taking steroids and gaining huge weight in very short time it might be necessary to supplement other things.

The more "aids" you need to build muscle, the faster it goes away when you stop.

When you say "creatine is proofed to work", what do you mean? It may give you a slightly pumped up feeling? In reality, what benefit is it? I'm put money down that the only person who notices anything is you as the so called "benefits" are minuscule. BCAAs are expensive and a huge waste of money. The companies which flog these are relying on naive young bodybuilders who think they can build a lot of muscle naturally. I couldn't count the number of bottles I ingested when I was young.

I think the bodybuilding market is the dumbest of all and they'll believe anything.

Better to build muscle naturally with hard work and good food. Supplements are a waste of money. Protein is food, so I don't put that in the same category as supplements, but it will only help if you're not getting enough protein. The amount of protein that is required to build the tiny bit of muscle you can gain in a day, week or month is much less than the protein manufacturers are suggesting.

Here's a fact you can take to the bank.... If you want slabs of muscle like you see on actors in the movies or on the bodybuilding stage you will need piles of drugs. Anyone who thinks this can be done naturally is dreaming. Anyone who tells you they've built the muscle naturally is lying.

Edited by tropo

Sorry, I checked some items and am disgusted with the prices.

• Psyllium husks? 1 kg on Ebay Germany with free shipping to a German address <550 Baht. 200 gr were like 300 B + shipping.
  • Spirulina? 1 kg about 1,000 B
  • Whey protein with a protein content of 80%. Let's just stop right there.

The more "aids" you need to build muscle, the faster it goes away when you stop.

When you say "creatine is proofed to work", what do you mean? It may give you a slightly pumped up feeling? In reality, what benefit is it? I'm put money down that the only person who notices anything is you as the so called "benefits" are minuscule. BCAAs are expensive and a huge waste of money. The companies which flog these are relying on naive young bodybuilders who think they can build a lot of muscle naturally. I couldn't count the number of bottles I ingested when I was young.

I think the bodybuilding market is the dumbest of all and they'll believe anything.

Better to build muscle naturally with hard work and good food. Supplements are a waste of money. Protein is food, so I don't put that in the same category as supplements, but it will only help if you're not getting enough protein. The amount of protein that is required to build the tiny bit of muscle you can gain in a day, week or month is much less than the protein manufacturers are suggesting.

Here's a fact you can take to the bank.... If you want slabs of muscle like you see on actors in the movies or on the bodybuilding stage you will need piles of drugs. Anyone who thinks this can be done naturally is dreaming. Anyone who tells you they've built the muscle naturally is lying.

Creatine gives you a little bit more endurance and so you can train harder. BCAA keeps the muscle feed during training (without making your stomach full). Of course these things don't make a big difference, just a little and only if you train already hard. Worth the money? Everyone must decide that on your own. Is a 4000 Euro TV worth the extra money from a 2000 Euro?

Of course what the magazine promote is pretty close to pure lying.....The magazines and the supplement companies are often the same company or owner...

If you see protein as food, than you BCAA and Creatine is also food......I remember back in the old days when everyone told that you must each huge amounts of beef (recalling one guy who ate 1.5kg per day)....Beef has the creatine.

I doubt that you loose the muscles you gained fast faster than slow gained one. I guess it is more the time you have them already that decides how fast you will loose them.

And to be honest, non of these young bodybuilder worry about that.

Tropo,

I don't agree your view on creatine, for me it definitely helps and others say the same. I am not talking about more pump I am talking about more strength and endurance during a long workout. Many people have seen the same benefits, you might argue placebo and it would be hard to counter that argument but you can say that for many products.

As your other remark about the drugs to build muscle.. 100% true.

Disclaimer: I haven't ordered yet protein in Thailand. And am disu=gusted with GNC's or Fitness First's prices.

http://fitwhey.com/cart/get_product/222/

http://www.ultimatenutrition-th.com/product-category/255082/PROTEIN.html

I read good reviews for Ultimate Nutrition's Iso 93 powder. My aim is weight loss and I want to avoid carbs and the other junk many makers put in there. A few days ago, I saw it @ 1,750 B but cannot locate the dealer any more :(

The 10 lbs @ 3,799 B for 10 lbs Prostar Whey seems an okay deal as well. Compare that to the 800 Baht per kg Protein 80 powder some club sells...

Hope someone has better prices for these 2 proteins I am interested in.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I ended up ordering from www.musclefood.com @ 2,750 + 100 B sh& h for the 5 lbs choice.

Had to make a transfer payment. Then nothing happened. turns out they want a SMS with the complete order details. Shipping address and all. &lt;deleted&gt;?

2 days later, they still haven't delivered. Am decidedly unhappy now.

Has anyone dealt with them? Are they okay?

What a bizarre ordering procedure!!

And different people answer the phone - and the answers differ as well. I mean, come on. They got a SMS from the bank showing the 2,960 B order. If they checked, they would see it matches my order. anyhow. Hope to get the delivery tomorrow.

I have used fitwhey found the ordering procedure a bit difficult after paying needed to tell them i paid (just the sms was not enough) But I have always gotten my stuff. I fount it easier to order with clubprotein but they only have non flavored stuff. No problem for me but for others it is.

Kf6vci

I don't know them but in general Thai banks are not that good so they need an sms knowing you paid. Normally you send that when you pay at the ATM or when you use internet banking.

Crazy that they want you to send them your adress by sms too.

• Like 1

Well, I had entered their mobile # so when the online payment was made, they got a text from K.-Bank.

Agreed - strange asking for the shipping address in yet another SMS etc.

Today in the afternoon, Kerry Logistics brought the parcel.

All is well that ends well. (Fitwhey didn't have UN's Iso 93 in stock and the UN dealer in Thailand wanted some 149 Baht more).

www.musclefood.com

• 2 weeks later...

I found a sports supplement store at Central plaza Rama 9 on the bottom floor just as you come of the MRT selling legit American brands bout half the price of any else I buy in Bangkok. You may want to give that a try.

I found a sports supplement store at Central plaza Rama 9 on the bottom floor just as you come of the MRT selling legit American brands bout half the price of any else I buy in Bangkok. You may want to give that a try.

but it costs me 400 Baht to go there and back....

but it costs me 400 Baht to go there and back....

pays for itself to save a couple of thousand. :)