Democrat Party Kicks Off Drafting Of " Thailand's Blueprint"

webfact

Democrats plan new national blueprint

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Democrat Party kicked off the drafting of "Thailand's blueprint" yesterday by launching its Thailand Designing Institute.

The launch of the institute, which will be run under the Kuang Apaiwong Foundation, was attended by several key Democrats, including party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, Apirak Kosayothin, Jurin Laksanavisit and former Asean secretary-general Surin Pitsuwan.

newsjs

A seminar and workshop on the problems Thailand is facing were held as part of the launch, and Abhisit delivered a speech on the "overall picture of Thailand's development and future - options that we can design together".

He said it was time for Thais to raise questions about the country's economic growth and development, which should also take into account the widening economic gap and quality of life.

Abhisit also noted that the agricultural sector's ability to generate income in relation to the country's GDP had dropped from 30 per cent to just 10 per cent. As a result, he said the country's future needs to be changed, and for this, its structure and system needs to be overhauled in order to include all sectors, including political and civil sectors.

Abhisit went on to say that the country badly needed three key changes - a better education system, a reformed economic system and policies that are aimed at sustainability and good governance.

Surin said all 65 million Thais needed to realise that they play a key role in setting the country's direction, and work out exactly where the country should go by 2020.

He said Thailand had lost its competitiveness due to the lack of political stability, so members of society should realise the need to change for the better.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-09

65 million Thai's may need to realise they need to make some changes but not when they vote for scumbag self serving endemic corruption and representation controlling their destiny. Mr Abhisit it is no good talking reform of economic policies and good governance when you are not attacking the main cause of all the problems. Outright disregard to the law and people of Thailand through fraud, theft and never doing anything about it. On a scale of 1 to 10 where Mr Abhisit would you rate efficiency of law and order? I'd give it a 2.

65 million Thai's may need to realise they need to make some changes but not when they vote for scumbag self serving endemic corruption and representation controlling their destiny. (snip)

I presume you are referring to the likes of Suthep, as in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/617740-a-project-that-looked-doomed-from-the-start-thai-editorial/.

Graft and corruption thrives in every political party and every organ of the state, from the top to the bottom.

Although I loathe the Dems and their coterie of English Public School educated chums and their ghastly hi-so backers, I am pleased to see them addressing the real problems facing Thailand. I wish them well in this.

• Like 2

65 million Thai's may need to realise they need to make some changes but not when they vote for scumbag self serving endemic corruption and representation controlling their destiny. (snip)

I presume you are referring to the likes of Suthep, as in http://www.thaivisa....thai-editorial/.

Graft and corruption thrives in every political party and every organ of the state, from the top to the bottom.

Although I loathe the Dems and their coterie of English Public School educated chums and their ghastly hi-so backers, I am pleased to see them addressing the real problems facing Thailand. I wish them well in this.

The Dems could not address Christmas cards to their next door neighbours. The summary of whatever they come up with will read 'The country needs a coup to get us back to power'

Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

65 million Thai's may need to realise they need to make some changes but not when they vote for scumbag self serving endemic corruption and representation controlling their destiny. Mr Abhisit it is no good talking reform of economic policies and good governance when you are not attacking the main cause of all the problems. Outright disregard to the law and people of Thailand through fraud, theft and never doing anything about it. On a scale of 1 to 10 where Mr Abhisit would you rate efficiency of law and order? I'd give it a 2.

Strong words but who are you to decide who the Thai people should vote for...

Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
  • Like 2

Strong words but who are you to decide who the Thai people should vote for...

Read again, my dear B2N. The other member is not making a decision nor even trying to, who the Thai should vote for. It seems the other member is even critical of your confirmed enemy of the (red) state, k. Abhisit. rolleyes.gif

I presume you are referring to the likes of Suthep, as in http://www.thaivisa....thai-editorial/.

The Dems could not address Christmas cards to their next door neighbours. The summary of whatever they come up with will read 'The country needs a coup to get us back to power'

You forgot the IMHO, B2N. Mind you, I agree with the 'Christmas Card' issue. Most likely they would be both too small and too late as the firm asked to produce the cards would have problems with the request for a clear, VAT indicated invoice wink.png