Do They Allow You To Play With The Pets At Chatuchak?

michaeltheR

Do they really have king cobras? Maybe it's a silly question, but it wouldn't surprise me that much if they did.

As for petting the puppies, I know it's nice, but the animals there must be pretty stressed already.

Yes, they have King Cobras and many other snakes and reptiles. Try taking a photo and they get really pissed....not the snakes, but the shop Owner guy.

I was going to buy 2 small Crocodiles for my lake because I'm stupid like that. It would have been wicked cool.

But small Crocodiles will eventually become big Crocodiles so in a moment of clarity I passed. Probably a smart decision.

Thanks, I missed that area. I can see these reptiles are interesting, but I'd rather have something that wasn't going to kill me.

There's a guy on youtube called Viperkeeper who has a big collection of venomous snakes, including taipans, mambas etc. They strike at him whenever he opens their cage, but he talks to them like my mum does to puppies.

Quite a random question...

If you're interested in buying the animal then maybe... But most of the poor things are doped up on some kind of medication to make them mong out slightly so they're not like normal little playful animals I doubt the animal would be very responsive if you did play with them.

However if you just want to go to Chatuchak to play with animals then they'll probably shoo you away.

The medication is no food or water so they do not go toilet.

Also a large number of them are already infected with Pavo.

I bought my persian cat from there, but not because i wanted one, only because i saw he was sick and seller woman could not care less.

Lucky that i did, as he was sick(unfortunately i was right), cost me way over 35 000 in vet bills to bring him back to life.

Aside from common ear mites, he had stomach infection, ass(bum) infection, skin infection and few more bits and pieces.

Little guy had no energy to play as he had not eaten for days and when he ate, everything came out with pain.

Chatuchak is really a bad place to buy, HOWEVER, there are some good sellers, the good ones, have shops with air, they do not allow people to touch, unless you are a serious buyers, and then they ask you to wash your hands.

I do not remember the isle number which has the "good" shops, but you will know when you see the pets, bowl of food and water in the cage, as well as aircon on, and price being almost double.

As stated by Lemoncake there are a few good Shops all with AC. And no you can not touch the animals as you can easily pass viruses from one animal to the next. Serious breeders will never let you touch unless you wash your hands first. So like lemoncake stated if you want to buy an animal look for the really nice shops with all he mentioned plus waterless hand cleaner.