Do They Allow You To Play With The Pets At Chatuchak?

michaeltheR

Quite a random question...

If you're interested in buying the animal then maybe... But most of the poor things are doped up on some kind of medication to make them mong out slightly so they're not like normal little playful animals I doubt the animal would be very responsive if you did play with them.

However if you just want to go to Chatuchak to play with animals then they'll probably shoo you away.

Why yes, you most certainly can.

Chatuchak pet market is often considered Bangkok's premier petting zoo for an exciting day out for the entire family.

Please be aware that you will need to obtain a tetanus shot, rabies shot, flea and tick dusting and bring some antibacterial wipes and anti venom if you plan to play with the King Cobras.

Tell us how it went.

• Like 1

Better yet, avoid the place. The animals are bred under horrific and cruel conditions. One of the reasons I started to lose interest in my ex is that after all the discussions we had on the need for responsible animal husbandry, and my donations to animal rescue organizations she went and bought a dog from one of those disgusting vile merchants. I started to loather her after that.

• Like 1

If you play with XXX's critters and pick up parvo virus on your hands, then go play with YYY's critters, then YYY's critters may get whatever you pass on from XXX's critters.

As tempting as they all are, it's not a good idea to play with more than one animal there, and none of the owners of the shops have a clue how many you've played with, or what diseases you're harboring on your hands.

Since there's a wide disparity between the good vendors and the others in the quality and cleanliness, their rules about not touching their critters make sense.

"Do They Allow You To Play With The Pets At Chatuchak?"

No, Please leave your kids at home. biggrin.png

ok That was a reach... so sue me. :(

On a helpful note, I have played with the pets for a minute or 2 in the past.

I've never tried to push it past that.

Here is a map if that helps anyone.

www.chatuchak.org/map/chattuchakmap.jpg

Edited by jamhar

Why yes, you most certainly can.

Chatuchak pet market is often considered Bangkok's premier petting zoo for an exciting day out for the entire family.

Please be aware that you will need to obtain a tetanus shot, rabies shot, flea and tick dusting and bring some antibacterial wipes and anti venom if you plan to play with the King Cobras.

Tell us how it went.

LOL!biggrin.png

OP, why you just don't change the place you are living in?

Wanting to own cats was my main reason to leave the apartment i was living in and moving to a townhouse. Even if I had could have them in the apartment, what a difference looking how much they enjoy staying in the patio! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

blink.png

hey, mr op ,

i do not want you playing with my food,

a general rule of thumb , if you cant afford it ,dont touch it,

hope this info helps , have a nice day .

wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Do they really have king cobras? Maybe it's a silly question, but it wouldn't surprise me that much if they did.

As for petting the puppies, I know it's nice, but the animals there must be pretty stressed already.

Yes, they have King Cobras and many other snakes and reptiles. Try taking a photo and they get really pissed....not the snakes, but the shop Owner guy.

I was going to buy 2 small Crocodiles for my lake because I'm stupid like that. It would have been wicked cool.

But small Crocodiles will eventually become big Crocodiles so in a moment of clarity I passed. Probably a smart decision.

You have asked this question before, is it a fetish thing?

Nope. It just I want to have a puppy but I cannot own one because of the place I am living.

Do you live in a padded cell by any chance ?

Have to wear a straight jacket all day long ?

Thats why you got the hurge to pat something?