New Market Pratumnak

Johnsen

Wondering down Pratumnak soi 6 today i note they seem to be constructing a very very large outdoor market between soi 6 and soi Pattaya Park. Does anybody here on TV have any inside info into how many stalls, the price to rent a stall, and who is responsible or going to be managing the site.

I have to say I'm amazed and very happy to see it is going to be an open air market. I would have thought this was absolute prime Condominium land.

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers..

haven't seen that one, but today i drove around and took a left from Pattaya North past tesco down towards Central Big C/Fish Restaurant and there has been a big area cleared out there and a sign saying J-J Market coming soon. JJ is the name of the biggest market in BKK and also some a few other cities in Thailand have their own JJ market.

So it looks like 'market season' is coming to Pattaya.

A good idea ,as the russians,Ukraine have taken over that area lol

Which indicates they have good taste ......

Anyone who has watched Russians shopping would know that this is very far from the truth.

...... and know the best locations.

The best location for Russians is anywhere that is a long way away from me.

Whilst I quite like two or three buildings in Pratumnak, getting to/from it is a nightmare, there are few local facilities (apart from some 7/11s and some overpriced restaurants), most of the condo buildings are perfect examples of bad planning and worse design, and crime seems to be on the up and up and so I would certainly not describe it as a good location.

The best location for Russians is anywhere that is a long way away from me.

Whilst I quite like two or three buildings in Pratumnak, getting to/from it is a nightmare, there are few local facilities (apart from some 7/11s and some overpriced restaurants), most of the condo buildings are perfect examples of bad planning and worse design, and crime seems to be on the up and up and so I would certainly not describe it as a good location.

Perhaps you're lacking tolerance or extremely anti-Russian. I've been living in Cosy Beach for 2 years now and you may be aware that this area is virtually entirely Russian these days and I never have any problems with them. They don't bother me in the slightest.

It might be a good time to start planning your exit from Pattaya as the Russians are probably here to stay.

haven't seen that one, but today i drove around and took a left from Pattaya North past tesco down towards Central Big C/Fish Restaurant and there has been a big area cleared out there and a sign saying J-J Market coming soon. JJ is the name of the biggest market in BKK and also some a few other cities in Thailand have their own JJ market.

So it looks like 'market season' is coming to Pattaya.

Great. I think that the shopping-opportunities in Pattaya are poorly represented. smile.png

Perhaps you're lacking tolerance or extremely anti-Russian.

No, I generally find large numbers of foreign tourists equally unpleasant regardless of what nationality they are. As Russians (and affiliated nationalities) make up the single largest group of tourists here, they are the ones that I would most like to see leave as that would have the most effect of uncluttering the pavements and liberating space in public transport.

It might be a good time to start planning your exit from Pattaya as the Russians are probably here to stay.

I think they could disappear just as quickly as they arrived, but either way I never have intended spending the rest of my life here.

I have been watching them build this with trepidations. My condo overlooks this site which is a very peaceful part of town. I have heard its to be a night market.

Have visions that it is going to be very noisy, bound to be blaring music.

Another good reason to just rent in Thailand

post-6099-0-18439900-1360480246_thumb.jp

Perhaps you're lacking tolerance or extremely anti-Russian.

No, I generally find large numbers of foreign tourists equally unpleasant regardless of what nationality they are. As Russians (and affiliated nationalities) make up the single largest group of tourists here, they are the ones that I would most like to see leave as that would have the most effect of uncluttering the pavements and liberating space in public transport.

I think they could disappear just as quickly as they arrived, but either way I never have intended spending the rest of my life here.

It does come down to tolerance. I used to live in Surfers Paradise, which is the busiest tourist town in Australia. I used to have a tourist business - I'm used to them.

You live in probably the busiest tourist town in SE Asia and tourists in large numbers bother you?

There's 100 buses parked around Bali Hai Pier every night - and these aren't for the Russians

I suspect your stay in Pattaya may not be long.