Are Flu Shots Still Available?

rmicheald

I went for a routine checkup at Bangkok Rayong hospital the week before last, and the doc asked "Do you want a flu injection? There is a big epidemic in the USA." With a lifelong history of asthma and bronchitis I was always given one in UK before I retired out here, and not had one since, so I decided it would be a good idea. I think it was about 600baht, but relative to the cost of a few beers such a basic bit of healthcare seems worthwhile.

I bet Bangkok Pattaya would fix you up.

There are many different strains of flu and vaccines are made for the strains prevalent in the area you live. So the flu vaccines in the US

would not be the same as Thailand. You would do better to get a flu shot in the US as soon as you arrive.

• 3 months later...

There are many different strains of flu and vaccines are made for the strains prevalent in the area you live. So the flu vaccines in the US

would not be the same as Thailand. You would do better to get a flu shot in the US as soon as you arrive.

I agree and was going to say the same thing. I don't think it would be of any use to get a flue shot in Thailand to protect you from the strains of flues going around the USA.

Godness me! all you people actully believe that flu shots work! I guess advertising does work - these people are drug pushers, they sell drugs to make money, they make a lot of mistakes and frequently get prosecuted for making ridiculous claims, but it seems to be working :) going by the reaction to the question, and there profits increase year in by huge amounts, I guess due to well spent $ on advertising.

If you can get beyond the brain washing and advertising the truth is out there :)