Major Ciniplex Wtf?

HansBlinkers

Sometimes the stupidity in Thailand astonishes me. Just been to major cineplex over in the airport plaza, after queuing for 15-20 min for a ticket ( witch is fair enough because it's busy) then head over to the food counter for some popcorn to find that they are selling tickets there also, <deleted>?

Shambles!

Started it some time ago just after the refurbishment.

Usually buy ours there whilst getting the popcorn etc, normally avoids the long queue. The staff will often redirect those in the main queue to the other ticketing options including the online ticketing and the food counter.

I would say that is a definite improvement?

1507119.GIF

Never heard that they sell tickets, I know they show the promotions about tickets and popcorn for a good cheap price.

You never heard that they sell tickets? How do you enter the screen without a ticket?

at the place where you buy drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know Major have tickets, doh.

• Like 1

Usually buy ours there whilst getting the popcorn etc, normally avoids the long queue. The staff will often redirect those in the main queue to the other ticketing options including the online ticketing and the food counter.

1507119.GIF

Hmmm maybe because I was caught out and ended up queuing twice. I know now to go straight to the popcorn stand. But still think its a bad idea. Will see after a few more runs

1507119.GIF

Hmmm maybe because I was caught out and ended up queuing twice. I know now to go straight to the popcorn stand. But still think its a bad idea. Will see after a few more runs

I was not aware of that. Seems to me it could be a real wait for popcorn on a busy day.

Seems since the remodel that things are a little less customer friendly.

Only one place to see the list of shows with the theater and times on it and that is way of to the side.

I can hardly wait for Paragon to open they were going to have a Major Cinaplex there also. Should pretty well be able to see all the popular English ones then.

I gave up on them. Use to do 2 or 3 movies a week with all the trimmings and friends along.

My 11 year old daughter could not get a child ticket they said nor a student ???

<deleted> She is both a child and a student, even in uniform, But they said pay full adult and now I save 8000bt a month not going

1507119.GIF

I was not aware of that. Seems to me it could be a real wait for popcorn on a busy day.

Only one place to see the list of shows with the theater and times on it and that is way of to the side.

I can hardly wait for Paragon to open they were going to have a Major Cinaplex there also. Should pretty well be able to see all the popular English ones then.

Where is Paragon opening?

And on a different note: who in the world is crazy enough to buy the drinks and popcorn sold at cinema concession prices?

• Like 1

The long queues are mainly because the majority of customers can't seem to understand the seat and screen layout. I've never seen people take so long to decide where to sit.

They also seem to not know what they want to see. It's like they go up to the counter a say "what movies have you got?" Then deliberate on what they want to see.

[

And on a different note: who in the world is crazy enough to buy the drinks and popcorn sold at cinema concession prices?

Paragon, Paradox, Precipitation, Paracetamol, P-P-P-P-P-Promenada?

HD got the first letter right wink.png

Just joking HD smile.png

1507119.GIF

Sorry about that. I posted in the middle of a senior moment. It is the Promenade supposed to open the first quarter but a lot of people think the second quarter.

On another question the answer is most of the people who want popcorn and a drink while they watch the movie. I say most of not all. Every once in a while my wife decides I want it and it is easier to accept it than explain that I don't want it. Price has nothing to do with it. Especially when we get those bonus coupons. I think I look at the whole thing a little different than a lot of people. To me it is a total experience some thing I don't get at home in my own living room. Lord/Buddha knows I have enough videos but given a chance it is off to the movies.

Edited by hellodolly

On another question the answer is most of the people who want popcorn and a drink while they watch the movie. I say most of not all. Every once in a while my wife decides I want it and it is easier to accept it than explain that I don't want it. Price has nothing to do with it. Especially when we get those bonus coupons. I think I look at the whole thing a little different than a lot of people. To me it is a total experience some thing I don't get at home in my own living room. Lord/Buddha knows I have enough videos but given a chance it is off to the movies.

I agree there is nothing quite like watching a good movie on the big screen. I usually wait until it's been out a couple of days and go to an early showing if possible. I wouldn't think Les Miserables would be the same on home video. I try to wait for my ticket until almost showing time, then hopefully I can pick a seat furthest away from anyone else. Movies always start 20-30 minutes later than their scheduled time.

Your wife decides that you should eat popcorn and you eat it even if you don't want it? biggrin.png ......Which part of "I don't want it" is so very difficult to explain?

Do yourself a favor and get one of their cards and use the machine. No more lines. I believe you can even book online now, though I'm not sure how much I would trust that just yet.

The reserving tickets online does work and it used to be that you could pick up the tickets at the self service kiosks but unfortunately the past few times I've attempted that I've been greeted with a giant exclamation mark so I end up in the 'VIP' queue.

I agree there is nothing quite like watching a good movie on the big screen. I usually wait until it's been out a couple of days and go to an early showing if possible. I wouldn't think Les Miserables would be the same on home video. I try to wait for my ticket until almost showing time, then hopefully I can pick a seat furthest away from anyone else. Movies always start 20-30 minutes later than their scheduled time.

Your wife decides that you should eat popcorn and you eat it even if you don't want it? biggrin.png ......Which part of "I don't want it" is so very difficult to explain?

All of itbiggrin.pngbut I can be hungry and then I am week.

As to the buying a card it also saves you money. But if you are old and want the senior discount you still have to go to the VIP line. the only good thing about buying on line is you get the seat you want. You still have to wait in the line to get the ticket.sad.png

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Been buying tickets online now for about 18 months without issues. Their smartphone app works great as well.

I used to buy on line and about 1 in 5 times I had trouble getting my ticket. I would have my confirmation papers with me but they would have a foul up on there end. I see there is a different web page for doing that now. Is it reliable.

Tthe reason I liked it was because I am a little fussy about where I sit and it allowed me the choice if I booked early enough.

Been buying tickets online now for about 18 months without issues. Their smartphone app works great as well.

Same here. Always got my tickets and the seat that I wanted, every time, never a problem. Paid for the tickets upon arrival.

So let me get this straight: The OP is complaining because the theater is trying to provide additional services? This is why the Thais will say that farangs will complain about every little thing, all the time...so just best to ignore.

All of itbiggrin.pngbut I can be hungry and then I am week.

As to the buying a card it also saves you money. But if you are old and want the senior discount you still have to go to the VIP line. the only good thing about buying on line is you get the seat you want. You still have to wait in the line to get the ticket.sad.png

The trouble is that when I reserve in advance, I don't have the option of a) choosing not to go in if the cinema is full, or choosing to sit as far away as possible from others. Not being unsociable, but I do enjoy a good movie and really don't like being surounded by popcorn crunchers, rattling chip/crisp packets, pepsi slurpers and the constant lighting up of phones as Thai's don't turn them off, merely put them on silent to read messages. I know that most of the movies that are popular in Thailand are loud crash bang or cartoons, but every now and then a movie comes along where the plot and dialogue are well worth following and listening to.

Edited by uptheos

Buying your ticket online or using the loyalty card and manchine are all great ideas but becomes completely useless when you arrive with your ticket, go to the food counter and there is a long que of people trying to make up their mind on what movie they want to see and where to sit.

That's a shambles!

Same here. Always got my tickets and the seat that I wanted, every time, never a problem. Paid for the tickets upon arrival.

So let me get this straight: The OP is complaining because the theater is trying to provide additional services? This is why the Thais will say that farangs will complain about every little thing, all the time...so just best to ignore.

Not sure if we are talking apples and apples here or oranges and apples. When I used to order on line I had to pay on line with my credit card. have they changed that now so you can just reserve your seat and pay when you get there. If so how long do they hold the ticket?

Buying your ticket online or using the loyalty card and manchine are all great ideas but becomes completely useless when you arrive with your ticket, go to the food counter and there is a long que of people trying to make up their mind on what movie they want to see and where to sit.

That's a shambles!

Not sure of how you do that.

I never received my ticket when I booked on line I would have to get in the line to get it. If I booked with the machine I got my ticket right there from the machine and did not have to go to the food concession stand.

My wife makes the decision and gets the food if it is going to happen. If I was doing it I would be put out by getting in a line up where people are trying to figure out what movie they want to see what time they want to see it and where they want to sit.

In fact I would just skip the popcorn.

Not sure if we are talking apples and apples here or oranges and apples. When I used to order on line I had to pay on line with my credit card. have they changed that now so you can just reserve your seat and pay when you get there. If so how long do they hold the ticket?

You don't have to pay for it online. They allocate some seats for reservation but not too many. It says on the website you must collect the ticket at least 45mins before the showing.

Why is that stupid? A shambles even?

Because it causes a big disorganised que

I thought for a moment, until I saw your name, this poster might be German, who tend to have a nigh level of uncertainty avoidance! coffee1.gif

Edited by Morakot