Cops Demand Money From Shopowner In Front Of Reporter

Lite Beer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lite Beer' timestamp='1360538032' post='6103115'

The sergeant appeared stunned upon learning of Banjong's identity. However, he said, "My boss in fact receives more money than me and other [officers]. The money I collected is for the boss - we got a very small sum." Both police, however, left the shop. The incident was recorded by the shop's security cameras.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-11

Obviously bought his post as there appears to be a total absence of brain cells with a quote like that.

What difference does it make whether they're collecting it for the boss or themselves? The point is they're taking money, quite often from those who can least afford it and without any sense of wrongdoing.

It is seen to happen everyday by everybody - if the journo had been just another customer it would've been ok then?

Edited by Songhua

The fact that cops will casually do this in front of potential witnesses, shows how pervasive the corruption is. :(

i'm not saying the cops are bad. Its just the system that exists.

Theres lots of work to do to bring LOS into the community of modern nations.

Just do the math. Compare what they own with their salary and you have the truth.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unless salaries are rised to the point that a police station chief can afford, at least, a mansion and a BMW or two it won't make a difference.

• Like 2

Just do the math. Compare what they own with their salary and you have the truth.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unless salaries are rised to the point that a police station chief can afford, at least, a mansion and a BMW or two it won't make a difference.

Or a pink Bentley.
  • Like 2

British police have been doing it for years and years,many cases of corruption in the british police force,even sending people to jail for offences not committed.Most countries have corrupt cops,many far more dangerous than the greedy thai cops

Most countries have cops that are more dangerous than the Thai cops?

Really?

I think the Thai cops are getting worse.

The missus was watching TV the other day. They were showing CCTV footage of a bunch of guys accosting a woman in the lobby of her condo. She was shouting for help and the guys just said "just a husband and wife arguing" and everyone moved on.

They took her to her room and robbed her.

When I saw this and the wife explained what was going on, my first question was "how many of the guys are police". Apparently three of them were. No shock, really.

Thailands police force is just an organised crime gang. I am sure there are worse in Africa but in civilized countries, they are the lowest.

• Like 1

British police have been doing it for years and years,many cases of corruption in the british police force,even sending people to jail for offences not committed.Most countries have corrupt cops,many far more dangerous than the greedy thai cops

Most countries have cops that are more dangerous than the Thai cops?

Really?

I think the Thai cops are getting worse.

The missus was watching TV the other day. They were showing CCTV footage of a bunch of guys accosting a woman in the lobby of her condo. She was shouting for help and the guys just said "just a husband and wife arguing" and everyone moved on.

They took her to her room and robbed her.

When I saw this and the wife explained what was going on, my first question was "how many of the guys are police". Apparently three of them were. No shock, really.

Thailands police force is just an organised crime gang. I am sure there are worse in Africa but in civilized countries, they are the lowest.

what about south america.Mexico,Cambodia etc etc.We all know thai police are corrupt,but fail to say its not a shock or new,and totaly forget they arent the only ones.Just google this,and no doubt u will find murders etc etc by other police too

• Like 1

We know it exists, but it is unusual for a Thai to come out and admit it exists.

It wouldn't matter how much you paid them, they would still end up indulging in corruption. They are immoral and unethical and greed is part of their social and cultural values.

• Like 2

One only needs to look at the examples set by politicians to see how and why the police are corrupt. Chalerm, and his devils spawn of a cop killing son along with Thaksin and a dubious police general running for the Bangkok Governors job,ex and current police personnel , indeed wonderful role models aren't they?

Then there's Kamman Poh and his clan of social misfits, abuse of power, and position. The list is endless.

There is an inbuilt acceptance of corruption in this society sad to say which is part I fear of the genetic pool of the Thais.

are these chinese thai,and have white skin lol lol