Thai Girls Feel Threatened By Farang Girls?

LaraC

Hmmm. I don't think they feel that way. I mean half the western male population comes here to get laid. The Thai girls know the guys aren't missing anything back home. rolleyes.gif

HALF the western male population comes to Thailand to get laid? Seriously..?

Could you possibly be a tad extreme in this..or you actually have data?

...i could swallow it if you said half the western male population that cant get a decent lay in the west look for alternative places and thailand is one of them..

NOT of course that good looking decent men dont come here too, of course they do, and some of them meet good looking decent thai women too. But to say that half the western male population comes to Thailand is really too extreme.

I agree with Meatballs, most men, young, old and in between that go to Thailand will dabble with the ladies. It isn't because they can't get laid back home either. It's because they actually do think Thai women are more attractive.

Many many young guys from Oz travel to Thailand, they do so because it is cheap and the women are fine.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many does not equal half, Poster is using hyperbole in an attempt to make some kind of point what that might be I do not particularly care. You are welcome to do what ever the heck you want but not hijack this forum or thread with your issues. cheers

• Like 2

I am tall, a bit tanned, slim, I could say good looking, and I never get bad stares from thai women, but from western women, I work in hospitality field, so I deal with many tourist and I get the face to toe anger stare....and also from lady boys ;), the worst unfriendly people here!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. I don't think they feel that way. I mean half the western male population comes here to get laid. The Thai girls know the guys aren't missing anything back home. rolleyes.gif

HALF the western male population comes to Thailand to get laid? Seriously..?

Could you possibly be a tad extreme in this..or you actually have data?

...i could swallow it if you said half the western male population that cant get a decent lay in the west look for alternative places and thailand is one of them..

NOT of course that good looking decent men dont come here too, of course they do, and some of them meet good looking decent thai women too. But to say that half the western male population comes to Thailand is really too extreme.

I"m sure it was meant as, "... half the western males that come to Thailand.. do so to get sex.

I'd disagree however, and put it at about 90 % including the married ones, especially the married ones and I'd include a large proportion of gay/ bi sex too.

• 4 months later...

It happens everywhere. rightly or wrongly, farangs are thought of as economically and therefore socially superior.

So the native women feel threatened by farang women. Just as some males may feel threatened by farang men.

Happens in japan, china, just about everywhere. Even in the US among the immigrant population.(altho its much improved in the last 30 years in the US)

Nothing you can do about it. Smile, be pleasant, note and log the people that may be a problem to you in the future, and move on.

Best wishes to you smile.png

Fantasy

funny how some feel that farang women should feel threatened by thai women. There is very little they have going on that would make any farang women I know envious beit their catch of a farang bf/husband (lol) or looks. wink.png

OP, I think submaniacs reply sums it up well.

Boo

I understand you reject contrasting opinions but you are well off the mark. If a farang woman truly thought they could compete with Thai women, then why all the Thai woman put-downs? Why the superiority opinions? It makes you sound like Thai women are just crap stuck on your shoe. Is that what you want to sound like?

If you ladies really want the truth about Thailand and farang women that stay here, you should open yourself up to honest conversation and forget the Thai-farang competition. You would help yourself a lot.

I fail to see what any of this is about. I have lived here >20 years, in several different parts of the country inc. Bkk, Isaan and central region, and travelled all over.

Have had many Thai women friends and never encountered a sense that Thai women as a whole have any issue with western women. On the contrary, I find most of them quite friendly.

The only point I have noticed is that Thai women are quite prone to jealousy (perhaps not without reason given the poor track record vis-a-vis monogamy of many Thai men) So they will be quite frosty towards anyone they think is either flirting with their man or that they think their man is interested in romantically. Sometimes the first clue I had that a Thai man had such designs on me came from the icy behavior of his wife/gf.

• Like 1

I think it should be the other way around. Farang women SHOULD feel threatened by Thai women.

That's silly. I don't feel threatened by Thai women at all.

I've noticed that some Thai women seem to not care if the guy they're hitting on has a Thai gf or not, however it seems less so when the guy has a farang gf. Maybe they just assume that he's not into Thai girls and back off? Who knows...

Also my boyfriend is farang and I've noticed that Thai girls don't hit on him when I'm around. But then again, they're very wise not to. wink.png

that's cos the thai "gf" he's got is a bar girl while not so for the farang girl. Not too hard to figure out.

As for Farang women, they are usually 'yuck' compared to Thai women.

And, they often don't understand why.

If I want 'empowered' women shoulder checking me on the pavements, talking in loud, deep, powerful voices, being overly athletic running about all the time in men's running shoes with better musculature than I have, always finding a way to shun all traditionally female character traits, unwieldy and nearly as tall and wide as I am and who wear pants more often than they wear dresses or skirts, I will go to most countries in Farangistan. I don't want to have sex with what is essentially another copy of myself with longer hair and slightly better skin.

If I want what seems more natural to me (even having grown up mostly with Western empowered women), I stick to Asian and some Latin women.

Cheers,

Be careful dear, your insecurities are showing. We get that you prefer thai women but by slating "western women" (many billion of them are all the same right?) you show your true problems. It's so funny it's tragic.

nice cos i noticed most ppl only call out farang women for being jealous or rather accuse them of that while forgetting that many of these thai women might be women of the night that he hooked up with in some club and he paid for but hangs out with him like she's his gf.

I don't think farang people all look the same to Thai people but they obviously categorize us into the "farangs" which maybe makes you feel like you're being referred to as the same as every other farang... But I don't think we're all the same.

You don´t think we are all the same, but Thais in general think all white people are the same, we are all just farang to them, unfortunately.

And many of us, actually seem to like the idea of grouping ourselves together by calling ourselves farang all the time. I think it is very counterproductive.

We love to call ourselves farang, so I guess we get what we deserve. Personally I think it is a very stupid word, even though I know Thais do not mean anything negative when they call us that,

yeah right as if farang don;t call japanese, thais, koreans, chinese in their countries just simply asian. Should that be offensive?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Onxe...i think your situation is like comparing apples and pears.
You are in a small village situation, have (seemingly) not been there for very long, and from your description of yourself, etc, you are probably not considered competition and threatening to young Thai ladies.
I think Thai women base a lot of their worth on their physical appearance (when younger) and tend to judge other women on their looks.
Ive realised that any older, or what is deemed not competition, lady, seems to generally recieve more of a supportive respectful attitude.
Otherwise its claws at the ready.

• Like 1

Lara,

Again, I have to say, just not at all my experience.

Yes, Thai women will get hostile if they have reason to think you have designs on their man (or he on you) but as long as that is not the case you will find them not only pleasant but open to becoming friends.

I have some lovely friendships with Thai women which definitely add to the quality of life here.

If you are running into hostility from most of the Thai women you meet, I think you may need to re-evaluate either the venues and circumstances of these meetings or your own actions/vibes you give out.

• 3 weeks later...

That must have been quite terrifying, I probably would have called the police were I to ever see something like that However, I cannot say that I have. The only place something like that would happen in Chiang Mai is Spicy but I still can't see there being a large group of foreign women willing to get into a brawl. But strangers things have happened certainly.

I would say no, my experiences, may vary for others. If they do not feel threatened by the Maria Sharapova look a likes that seem to be coming to Thailand more and more these days who even get lustful looks from Thai guys who generally do not seem that interested in western women(is it just my luck that every other Russian lady I see looks like her?!) then I can only assume that in general Thais are confident in themselves. As a matter of fact I have only heard nice things from Thai women when they see a pretty or charming western lady.

Visa versa I would say western women are fairly confident in themselves overall although I have encountered the odd bitter woman who instead of being positive about Thai women being pretty, charming and exotic (as a lot of them are) they choose to be scornful and exhibit typical jealous/threatened behaviour. Very isolated cases however and certainly not the norm.

• 1 month later...

It could be like you said; fear of the unknown.

You said that Thai girls often give you bad looks. This could be because you are fairly attractive. From what I've seen when friends come to visit (girls), the ones that have weight problems or for whatever reason are deemed unattractive by Thai standards, make friends with Thais easier, I would suppose because their threat level is low. but who knows really...

You might not like to hear this, but there is also a possibility, a strong one, that your b/f is simply telling you this because he doesn't want you to be suspicious or worried about him straying. He could be just wanting to assuage any fears you may have about him having his heart stolen by another. As you said he is "young and attractive". Some guys WANT their g/f to know that girls hit on him and that they want to steal him because the guy thinks that if his g/f hears that, she will try "extra hard" to keep him.

Ive never had a farang g/f while ive been here so I don't have first hand experience.

There are plenty of thais who are obesse,a very worrying trend in Thailand.U make out all thai ladies are small and pretty,they are not,far from it.

My Thai wife is 5ft 9ins with a figure to match, but living in the sticks we never see Farang women, on average, I would say that Thai girls are much more attractive than Farang girls.

Depends what you mean by "farang". The Russian ladies beat the socks off anything out there.

Farang mans a white person, ie you could not call a black Nigerian a Farang. Russian ladies are Farang, but I still think on average, Thai ladies are more beautiful.

Russian women along with Ukranian women and Swedish women and many other White women I have heard from many men and sources, are one of the most beautiful women on Earth so I highly disagree with your opinion. I also believe Russian women and many other farang women are more beautiful than Thai women, on average and by far.

And on a seperate note, the word "exotic" can be applied to every woman on Earth who looks different from the majority in a certain location. Farang women are exotic in Thailand. Larinas are exotic in Europe. It is not a word for only one look.

• 1 month later...

It could be like you said; fear of the unknown.

You said that Thai girls often give you bad looks. This could be because you are fairly attractive. From what I've seen when friends come to visit (girls), the ones that have weight problems or for whatever reason are deemed unattractive by Thai standards, make friends with Thais easier, I would suppose because their threat level is low. but who knows really...

You might not like to hear this, but there is also a possibility, a strong one, that your b/f is simply telling you this because he doesn't want you to be suspicious or worried about him straying. He could be just wanting to assuage any fears you may have about him having his heart stolen by another. As you said he is "young and attractive". Some guys WANT their g/f to know that girls hit on him and that they want to steal him because the guy thinks that if his g/f hears that, she will try "extra hard" to keep him.

Ive never had a farang g/f while ive been here so I don't have first hand experience.

There are plenty of thais who are obesse,a very worrying trend in Thailand.U make out all thai ladies are small and pretty,they are not,far from it.

My Thai wife is 5ft 9ins with a figure to match, but living in the sticks we never see Farang women, on average, I would say that Thai girls are much more attractive than Farang girls.

Depends what you mean by "farang". The Russian ladies beat the socks off anything out there.

Farang mans a white person, ie you could not call a black Nigerian a Farang. Russian ladies are Farang, but I still think on average, Thai ladies are more beautiful.

Russian women along with Ukranian women and Swedish women and many other White women I have heard from many men and sources, are one of the most beautiful women on Earth so I highly disagree with your opinion. I also believe Russian women and many other farang women are more beautiful than Thai women, on average and by far.

And on a seperate note, the word "exotic" can be applied to every woman on Earth who looks different from the majority in a certain location. Farang women are exotic in Thailand. Larinas are exotic in Europe. It is not a word for only one look.

They certainly have large breasts, some of them anyway.