Chilled Beer On The Ring Roads

groo

I hear that a lot more farangs who live here are moving out of the city area for a cold beer to some of the local bars along the ring roads. Between Maejo and Mae Rim, Between Maejo and Sansai. Any of these places recommended??? Seems like most of the bars are now full of tourists rather than regulars. Prices rising perhaps??

Any places worth visiting on the ring roads??? Where I wouldnt be a "foreigner"???

> I hear that a lot more farangs who live here are moving out of the

> city area for a cold beer to some of the local bars along the ring

> roads.

I'll join you. Looks like it'll be a pretty epic bar crawl too, if we cover the entire middle ring. :D

I'd be more inclined to start South though, say at the Hang Dong road tunnel. The bars seem dodgier there. :o

Any places worth visiting on the ring roads??? Where I wouldnt be a "foreigner"???

Unless you're Thai, you'll always be a "foreigner" here...

Right as usual Ajarn! :o

Well yeah .. thats right. Can't deny that. Unless you go there with your "muay thai" shorts??. :D

And just so that we won't be foreigners, you'll be Lung Ped and I'll be Lung Buay and I'll bring the 15 year old Isuzu and some faded Thai farmer's shirts. Then we vehemently deny being Farang. We'll grin wryly, chuckle and say "Ha, Nong, that's what everyone thinks!!!", "Lung Ped here is from Chayaphoom, that's why he sounds funny. Grown mushrooms all his life he has, the pasty skinned bugger!" Then chuckle more, make an awkward joke about not all parts of his anatomy being 'Farang' size, double wink, and move in for a fatherly arm on her shoulder.

And just so that we won't be foreigners, you'll be Lung Ped and I'll be Lung Buay and I'll bring the 15 year old Isuzu and some faded Thai farmer's shirts. Then we vehemently deny being Farang. We'll grin wryly, chuckle and say "Ha, Nong, that's what everyone thinks!!!", "Lung Ped here is from Chayaphoom, that's why he sounds funny. Grown mushrooms all his life he has, the pasty skinned bugger!" Then chuckle more, make an awkward joke about not all parts of his anatomy being 'Farang' size, double wink, and move in for a fatherly arm on her shoulder.

Please don't accidently select any songs on the karaoke jukebox except for Karabao Dang. Bird Thongchai is ok if they are in not "so high" mood though.

I wonder if they might open a liquor stall below all the new tunnels around the Ring Roads. (when it rains) and after they ban Beer Gardens.

Cheers!

Edited by groo