Shop For Deleted Hdd Recovery

Charly2008

Hi, I have a problem, my kid somehow managed to delete all data on a HDD of our home computer.

The computer is running on Win7, I remeber that I heard, it is somehow possible to recover deleted data on a hard disc.

Can anybody suggest me a relaible shop in Pattaya which can do a job like that and how much they charge for something like that? Or did anyone had a similar problem and got it proper fixed? We talk basically about Office programs like Word, Excel etc.pp.

Thanks in advance

Charly

I used Com2U for data recovery twice in the past, and both times I was happy with the outcome. I cannot remember what I was charged but I remember thinking it was not expensive. It all depends on how "badly" the data has been deleted or the disk has been damaged.

As a starting point I'd suggest trying to retrieve it yourself using software such as Recuva from Piriform. You may be amazed at the results.

If you definitely can't retrieve the data yourself try Com2U. They are located on Soi Yume, beside Big C Extra (ex-Carrefour) on Pattaya Klang. Good luck...

Well before you do anything at all...try your restore option!

If not try this:

http://www.pchelpsoft.com/data-recovery/?t=recover-deleted-files&gclid=COnW162IrrUCFVEU6wodThkAMw

It does normally fix it'

If not Programmes can easily be re-loaded by any of Tuk coms retailers, but if the files cannot usually be restored

Confused? Message me!

If this cant fix it http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk then no software solution can.

It isn't that hard to use yourself if you have a brain and can follow instructions to the letter. You must have a second drive of at least the same size as the lost data in order to copy the restored data across.

I doubt that many computer shops here would be competent to use this sort of tool, in fact I doubt that many computer shops anywhere would be competent to use it.

If this cant fix it http://www.cgsecurit...g/wiki/TestDisk then no software solution can.

It isn't that hard to use yourself if you have a brain and can follow instructions to the letter. You must have a second drive of at least the same size as the lost data in order to copy the restored data across.

I doubt that many computer shops here would be competent to use this sort of tool, in fact I doubt that many computer shops anywhere would be competent to use it.

Wow! My ESET NOD32 v5 antivirus killed that downloader real fast. Pity, the utility looked quite handy and is probably clean, just the downloader was dirty.

Wow! My ESET NOD32 v5 antivirus killed that downloader real fast. Pity, the utility looked quite handy and is probably clean, just the downloader was dirty.

Downloader? I see no downloader.

My link takes you to the wiki, from there you can follow the download link to http://www.cgsecurit...stDisk_Download and from there you can download the zip file directly: http://www.cgsecurit...WIP.win.zip No downloader.

Given that the software is open source, GPL, free, been around for quite a while and is both widely used and widely recommended I think it's about as safe as they come.

Edited by BlackPuddingBertha

Re-reading the original post I wonder if the OP actually means "all data on a HDD" or just "all personal files on a HDD"?

If one or more entire partition(s) has been mucked up (thus removing all data) then testdisk will probably recover the whole lot. If the partition is still intact and it is just the "My Documents" folder or similar, or contents thereof, that has been deleted and cant be found in the Recycle Bin them something like Piriform Recuva would be better suited.

Downloader? I see no downloader.

My link takes you to the wiki, from there you can follow the download link to http://www.cgsecurit...stDisk_Download and from there you can download the zip file directly: http://www.cgsecurit...WIP.win.zip No downloader.

Given that the software is open source, GPL, free, been around for quite a while and is both widely used and widely recommended I think it's about as safe as they come.

This downloader....

post-35874-0-21369600-1360667988_thumb.j

post-35874-0-34838900-1360668035_thumb.j

Came up bad with both chrome and firefox. As I said, the utility itself is probably kosher, just the delivery may be compromised.

PS. There's a downloader involved with anything you download from the internet.

This downloader....

Came up bad with both chrome and firefox. As I said, the utility itself is probably kosher, just the delivery may be compromised.

I have no idea where you are getting all that crap from. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the programme in question or the site. Your settings must be screwed up or you must have some sort of "helper" application installed on your PC.

The last link I gave (which is directly accessible from the download page link that I gave) is for a zip file, pure and simple. Download it as a file, save it wherever (do NOT select "run" in the download dialog box), extract it using the built-in Windows zip extractor tool (or any other zip tool of your liking) and you will be left with a folder that contains an executable called testdisk (and other things). The executable requires no installation so just run it by double-clicking on it. It works in a DOS window.

PS. There's a downloader involved with anything you download from the internet.

Sorry, that's just <deleted>. All modern browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, even Safari) will handle http and ftp downloads without any other software being needed at all. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. This download is a perfectly straightforward single zip file download.

This downloader....

I have no idea where you are getting all that crap from. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the programme in question or the site. Your settings must be screwed up or you must have some sort of "helper" application installed on your PC.

I stand mercifully corrected! I clicked on a big green 'Download' button that was actually an advert and THAT was the 'infected' link and bugger all to do with the original product you are touting which does a good job. I can honestly say that that is the first time I have made such a novice error. Good job I had the software to catch that.... and a pity that I posted <deleted>.

This downloader....

I stand mercifully corrected! I clicked on a big green 'Download' button that was actually an advert and THAT was the 'infected' link and bugger all to do with the original product you are touting which does a good job. I can honestly say that that is the first time I have made such a novice error. Good job I had the software to catch that.... and a pity that I posted <deleted>.

Don't beat yourself up. That is a common trick they employ and many fall for it. That's why we run anti virus and the like.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

No problem. For the life of me I couldn't understand where that pop-up crap you got was coming from.

depending on what you call delete HDD (I assume the OS is still there - then W7 has it's own recovery system (restore previous versions of folders) it works very well, if howerever you have lost the OS then that's a whole different ball game - I suspect either a virus or a hardware failure either of which may be impossible to recover

Hello to all, thanks for your kind help and support. I downloaded Recuva and it worked out quite well.

I have different partitions, on one is the OS running with all other programs and the second and third I use to safe my stuff i.e. files and document on second and pictures on the third partition. On the second partition all was deleted, like mentioned, downloaded Recuva and ran it, got almost all back and it was easy to handle.

Thanks again to all, cheers,

Charly

• Like 1

As it was the whole partition that was affected Testdisk would normally have recovered the entire thing. It is very efficient. Also if the MBR or GPT is damaged. I had a 3TB GPT drive that was completely invisible to everything due to some wonky partitioning but Testdisk recovered all the 2TB of data that was on it.

Recuva I would use when individual files/folders have been deleted but the partition is intact.

I used Com2U for data recovery twice in the past, and both times I was happy with the outcome. I cannot remember what I was charged but I remember thinking it was not expensive. It all depends on how "badly" the data has been deleted or the disk has been damaged.

As a starting point I'd suggest trying to retrieve it yourself using software such as Recuva from Piriform. You may be amazed at the results.

If you definitely can't retrieve the data yourself try Com2U. They are located on Soi Yume, beside Big C Extra (ex-Carrefour) on Pattaya Klang. Good luck...

Thanks or this info. I'm not exactly sure where these places are. Can you be more specific on their locations ?? Also Wantanna Near Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang. ?? Thanks

Thanks or this info. I'm not exactly sure where these places are. Can you be more specific on their locations ?? Also Wantanna Near Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang. ?? Thanks

Wantanna is opposite foodland on Pattaya klang. Com2u is on the 3rd floor of tukcom on Pattaya tai.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Wantanna is opposite foodland on Pattaya klang. Com2u is on the 3rd floor of tukcom on Pattaya tai.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Thanks. I read this posts before : "try Com2U. They are located on Soi Yume, beside Big C Extra (ex-Carrefour) on Pattaya Klang"

Can anyone confirm the location of Com2U....In one post, it say their in Tukcom, another says " They are located on Soi Yume, beside Big C Extra (ex-Carrefour) on Pattaya Klang"

http://www.com2u.co.th/computer-service-pattaya

The one I was referring to is called pattaya2u and is on 3rd floor of Tukom

http://www.pattaya2u.com/

• 6 years later...

Interesting all these are from 2013 (6-yrs ago) 

My computer informed me HD getting problems change HD.

Removed problem SECONDARY (E) HD.

Did not do anything with it.

Wattana was not interested trying to recover. 

Continued computer operating with PRIMARY (C) HD in computer.

Anybody around 6-yrs later still having good luck with ComU2 ?

Pls. inform me.

Than you. 

7 hours ago, swerver said:

Interesting all these are from 2013 (6-yrs ago) 

My computer informed me HD getting problems change HD.

Removed problem SECONDARY (E) HD.

Did not do anything with it.

Wattana was not interested trying to recover. 

Continued computer operating with PRIMARY (C) HD in computer.

Anybody around 6-yrs later still having good luck with ComU2 ?

Pls. inform me.

Than you. 

What exactly is the problem?