The Things We Do For Our Pussies...

ZXM

Woke up this morning and walked into the living room. It smelled like cat piss. I looked all around but didn't see anything. Started trying to follow my nose until I came upon my computer bag (a very nice computer bag I might add). It's a black bag so you can't really see when it's wet or dry, but after smelling it it was certain that my cat had decided to piss all over it at some point in the night. Don't know why really, his litter box wasn't dirty or anything.

After a few harsh words and a few hours later, I found myself at the pet shop purchasing a 2,400 baht cat tree (the biggest one they had) for him to play on.

God i'm pussy whipped (quite literally).

dry.png

• Like 1

Actually its a huge problem and de-sexing will not help.

I have a female cat, desexed with plenty of toys and other cats to play with, who all over sudden decided not to use cat litter any longer.

She pees everywhere, curtains, sofa, computer, walls , i mean anywhere she feels like it.

I have 5 litters for 4 cats, tried everything but she would not stop.

Anyone have any suggestions?(besides strangling her :) )

I have a female cat, desexed with plenty of toys and other cats to play with, who all over sudden decided not to use cat litter any longer.

She pees everywhere, curtains, sofa, computer, walls , i mean anywhere she feels like it.

Anyone have any suggestions?(besides strangling her smile.png )

Has she been seen by a good vet? May be a urinary infection, these are common in cats.

Usually this is either due to physical illness or some psychological stress. For example, another pet entering the household, or the owners having a child, are things that will commonly set this off. The cat is feeling insecure and trying to "mark" her territory (assuming it's not an infection -- check that out first)

Anyone have any suggestions?(besides strangling her smile.png )

Has she been seen by a good vet? May be a urinary infection, these are common in cats.

Usually this is either due to physical illness or some psychological stress. For example, another pet entering the household, or the owners having a child, are things that will commonly set this off. The cat is feeling insecure and trying to "mark" her territory (assuming it's not an infection -- check that out first)

Yeah i also thought it was the infection, and did go see a Vet, did a week of medication- did not stop.

NO new baby, but a number of new pets, i mean she was my first and then came another 6(3 more cats) however she was ok for over a year with it all and then started.

She also spends a lot of time outside, and i mean a a lot, so i am thinking she is use to doing it outside and rather does not realize when she is inside.

I even bought the machine which makes cats relax, still no luck.i pay her more attention, i mean i really tried everything and all seems to fail.

Vet says that once cat starts to do that, its impossible to stop or do anything about it :(

Sounds like you should make her a 100% outdoor cat then. If mine starts peeing all over everything except the litter box that's exactly what I'm going to do. He's had all his shots and been neutered already,

Edited by ZXM

Sounds like you should make her a 100% outdoor cat then. If mine starts peeing all over everything except the litter box that's exactly what I'm going to do. He's had all his shots and been neutered already,

i believe all things can be replaced, but an animal can not. Sure can get another one, but they are all individuals, while all sofa's are the same.

Just the smell and constant cleaning is is what killing me.

She is also an expansive breed, still pretty young, so i am kind of hoping the phase will pass. But she does like being outside, she usually walks the soi all day and night long, just comes in to eat and little brush and out again.

When i am lucky, she might spend the night sleeping in my chair :)

If there are specific places she pees in -- or specific places that you particulalry need her NOT to -- there are sprays you can buy that will deter it.

I suspect something went on in her relations with the other cats that set this off. Either that or an infection that did not respond to the antibiotic given. Did they test the urine or just treat empirically?

If there are specific places she pees in -- or specific places that you particulalry need her NOT to -- there are sprays you can buy that will deter it.

I suspect something went on in her relations with the other cats that set this off. Either that or an infection that did not respond to the antibiotic given. Did they test the urine or just treat empirically?

She does not have the same places, just does it where ever she feels like it. so really hard to monitor.

I did not have the tests because she is not an easy cat to treat. She just received from memory 10-14 days medication which i thought worked, but i was wrong :(

Now days she only comes inside to eat, so i have given up for now.

The relations for sure have changed, as the young kids out grew her, so she no longer can slap them around. :)

If you Google fluoxetine cat you'll find some recent research that has shown very good results. There's a locally made generic called "Oxetine" that comes in 20 mg pills that you can split in four (4 mg pills are not available in Thailand and customs may frown on direct import). 5 mg is a little bit on the high end, but works well with my cat.

/ Priceless

I think cats are attracted to computer bags, mine doesn't pee on mine but she likes to sleep/scratch/stand in an extreme yoga position on it.

Some time ago I had a cat that was unclean and although it was a real (human) lap occupier, eventually went out and didn't come back. They do what they do, we just flutter a round on the edges of their radius of consciousness trying to work out what hey want.