Russian Accused Of Shoplifting At Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Russian accused of shoplifting at Central Festival Pattaya Beach

russia-11.jpg

PATTAYA:--Late on Monday Night, Pattaya Police were called to Central Festival Pattaya Beach, to the 1st floor Cosmetics Department inside the Central Store, to assist Security Guards who had detained a newsjs56 year old Russian who is accused of shoplifting over 3,000 Baht’s worth of cosmetics.

Police arrested Miss Tatiana Kavami who, according to staff, was seen to place items into a black plastic bag she was carrying before leaving the store and made no attempt to pay for the items she had taken.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/74267/russian-accused-shoplifting-central-festival-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-12

what do you think will happen to her ??? hope she gets a hard time in jail, not because of her nationality ( i dont like them anyway ) but because of her complete disregard for the thai law and she should know better whilst on holiday in thailand.

wow....... i myself stupidly have spent a few years in jail myself in my younger days but no way in this world would i ever think about breaking laws in thailand.

• Like 1

who in their right mind would even be considering 'shop lifting' whilst on holiday..

my friend told me in the bar the other night that he witnessed a Russian man pass a pair of shoes from a street vendor's rack to his wife who slipped them in her bag and walked off...

the price was 120 baht!!!

• Like 1

what do you think will happen to her ??? hope she gets a hard time in jail, not because of her nationality ( i dont like them anyway ) but because of her complete disregard for the thai law and she should know better whilst on holiday in thailand.

wow....... i myself stupidly have spent a few years in jail myself in my younger days but no way in this world would i ever think about breaking laws in thailand.

The Russians in Pattaya are Ok. Although I don't speak Russian and they don't speak English, I always find them relatively civil, especially on taxis. They don't mix much with the locals or the other nationalities and they appear to be a bit stingy in many ways, but someone I know who owns a restaurant says they spend a lot when out. They usually come as families or with friends, rather than for sex. Anyway they are a refreshing addition to Pattaya compared to the usual mob - rather a lot of them but so were other westerners at one time. I've a lot of time for them.

• Like 2

...so much local scum....when have you ever heard that they should be 'prosecuted to the full extent of the law'...to set an example...

....hookers that drug or kill their clients....

....taxi driver rapists...

....actor murderers.....

motorcycle murderers....

...negligent nightclub owners.....

....and on and on.....

....selective morality.....(...after all, the locals can say sorry...and go to temple to make merit...I guess)

Scorpio..

You did some hard time? That means that you broke the law boy. And on this forum there is little sympathy for those who engage in criminal activities- regardless of location. But it made you a better man right? Taught you the value of compassion?

people are people everywhere and it does not make any difference if in holiday or not. Those who are capable of doing it, will always do it.

she saw an opportunity and lack of attention, so decided to go for it.

lesson learned for her, but not for others, as many more after her will keep on trying.

PS. Penalty for stealing in Thailand is not even a slap on the wrist, of course with a foreigner its little harsher, though if she was to refuse to pay up and go to court, she would be fined 2000 baht and set free.

I caught one of my staff stealing red handed, police did not even arrest her, just made her return everything and pray to Buddha she will not steal again. Week later she got a job at hotel next door and did the same.

Another one stole money, police just made report and took no action at all.

I wonder if Thai shopkeepers realise just what sort of people many modern-day farangs are? (Tourists and residents.)

They may be much more used to the classical sex-and-booze farang of a couple of decades ago who rarely went in for petty theft or any other real crime for that matter, unless you call falling down drunk or catching VD a crime.

• Like 2

A few weeks ago it was reported on one of the local cable channels that 55% of tourists were Russian. 90% of crime in Soi 9 police station was related to.....you guessed it...

Mostly amongst themselves believe it or not. Stealing from one another, brawling and scamming each other with the occasional incident as reported on this news thread.

Also a neighbour of mine who is one of those pretend Farrang policemen confirmed this. I have no reason to doubt him.

Edited by lonewolf99

who in their right mind would even be considering 'shop lifting' whilst on holiday..

my friend told me in the bar the other night that he witnessed a Russian man pass a pair of shoes from a street vendor's rack to his wife who slipped them in her bag and walked off...

yes i have noticed russkies shop lifting ......and they do it in family groups ...other night saw a group take fruit ..........

YYYyyyAAaaaaaHHHhhhhOOOOOOOooo !

Holding NOT Pointing Photo

Shop stealing it is now called in most Countries & one of the most prevalent crimes.

But I am sure the Russian Ambassador can help her , he's "in" in Pattaya isn't he ??

wai.gif

Russian Lady Pays the Price for Shoplifting

PATTAYA:--Tatiana Kavami, is a Russian tourist who isn’t enjoying her en suite hotel room this week, instead she gets to taste the accommodation at the Soi 9 cells, after being caught as the latest foreign shoplifter in Central festival mall.

newsjsRecent months have seen several shoplifters arrested in Pattaya malls, stealing anyting right down to a pair of socks, But 56 year old Miss Kavami went for much needed cosmetics, which she shoved into her handbag before being caught.

Caught red handed with 3000 baht’s worth of essential renovation items she was taken to Pattaya Police station where, of course, she denied the charges and refused to be locked up.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/russian-steal-cosmetics-pattay/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-02-13

Russian Lady Pays the Price for Shoplifting

PATTAYA:--Tatiana Kavami, is a Russian tourist who isn’t enjoying her en suite hotel room this week, instead she gets to taste the accommodation at the Soi 9 cells, after being caught as the latest foreign shoplifter in Central festival mall.

newsjsRecent months have seen several shoplifters arrested in Pattaya malls, stealing anyting right down to a pair of socks, But 56 year old Miss Kavami went for much needed cosmetics, which she shoved into her handbag before being caught.

Caught red handed with 3000 baht’s worth of essential renovation items she was taken to Pattaya Police station where, of course, she denied the charges and refused to be locked up.

Full story:http://www.pattaya10...smetics-pattay/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-02-13

how do you refuse to be locked up? i am pretty sure one can can not "refuse"-cheesy.gif

Though from the full story she was persuaded.-pricelessclap2.gif

Contrary to popular belief,most russians/ukrainians aren`t rich.Most of them live with the family in a single hotelroom and usually dine at the included hotel buffet.

So maybe thats the reason that some resort to shoplifting.Especially the people old enough to experience the misery during Communism with shortages of almost everything.

• Like 1

Why would anyone in their right mind give a <deleted>? I mean really, 150 words about a Russian shoplifter?

Maybe a quota what's allowed to report in the media. Comitted by foreigners, 100%. By Thais, 10%? There was a more severe crime in our street before yesterday, police arrived in strength of a large squad, sirens wailing, lights flashing. Arrested a criminal, taking the fella down real hard. Two of the local media outlets arrived, one of them the same as in the OP. Took lots of pictures. So far, nothing on their website, nothing here, or elsewhere.