Chalerm: Not A Bribe If Cops Ask For Money On Chinese New Year

webfact

Chalerm is another disgrace in Thai politics which is full with criminals, from Suthep to Sanan and from Banharn to Chalerm. In the circles where Chalerm is respected your son can murder a policeman in a disco and get away with it too. It is not called murder if the son of a rich person kills a poor bastard according Chalerm's law.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes no difference all politicians are on the take including this

numb nut so why should this comment from him be news to anybody

who knows how corrupy the thai police and politicans are!!

Exactly. How does anyone think this guy got a million dollars on a police salary to buy a Bentley? Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

Hey, if Thaivisa wants to be a leader in news, you ignore the number one English language news source in the country at your own peril…

Read post 143 again, slowly.

It's Bangkok post that asks Thaivisa not to publish quotes or links to them.

Sorry, Thaddeus, of course journalists must always do as they’re told. My mistake, I'm a bit of a slow reader.

The police is asking for "their part" all over Thailand. Not only in Bangkok. I have seen it myself 3 days ago a gang of 5 police guys visiting my Chinese neighbor shop. Initially I did not realized why on earth they are visiting in such a large number my neighbor especially during the Chinese New Year Celebration.. But after I have seen the footage with the tailor shop, I understood the purpose of their visit.

Once again a 'glib' and advocating reply for evident wrong-doing...this time from the diligent respectful and honoured DPM. The ASEAN community will first be laughing till they fall over then directing their anti-pi'rate ativities away from the straits and focusing inland.

A national embarressment and liability of the first order...maybe he needs a spokesman?

police asking for and or taking bribes is a tradition world wide , why should we expect the los to be any different .

The bribes aren't the issue here... the issue is the Deputy PM saying it's acceptable. Anywhere else, his peers would have been able to destroy him politically. Public governmental acceptance of bribery and corruption is NOT a worldwide tradition, even if I will acknowledge that no country is without corruption.

I agree to an extent with the "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't" Thai opinion about corruption, but here in Thailand the devil is so well-known that its minions just don't care if they're caught, because the devil is very-much running the show (doesn't matter who's in charge, either). Of course, the devil runs the show elsewhere too, but he knows that his power dwindles each time his minions get busted, whereas here it's just considered normal.

Maybe that's why so many Thais are apathetic towards politics, which is something I think is a big shame.

• Like 1

words fail me and must do so with everyone who has common sense.

If true, this was the most unqualified comment by a person in a position like he is - ever.

This must be a slap into the face of every good cop. Yes, there are good ones and even walk the extra mile.

What a disgraceful comment he made.

It's diificult to imagine how soul-destroying and morale-denting such words from the Chief Clown must be to a good cop.

In Chalerm's own words (I can't find it again right now but he said it), good cops will be rewarded. What would this reward be? I'd bet my bottom dollar that a 'good' officer in LoS has no better chance of promotion or favour than a bad one does. In fact, the corrupt ones are rewarding themselves daily, are more likely to be in the loop as part of any old boys club and all while being sanctioned and condoned by those at the very top.

Good guys run last.

• Like 1

As usual threads of these themes to do with anything Thai, the system or about Thai people in general always progress into a Thai bashing façade and as a platform for the extremists to rant on with their anti Thai view points and opinions.

I know that unfortunately some are using Thai visa at the slightest opportunity as a tool to voice their extremist views, which seem to be becoming more prevalent these days, and it really is starting to show.

"There's no need to overhaul the Royal Thai Police. Police are now enjoying a good image. Only some low-ranking officers are bad and they need to be punished."

Right, they are a legend in their own minds.

Low ranking officers are just collecting money for their bosses....and they are not likely to refuse to do this due to repercussions......I'm sure all highly ranking officers are squeaky cleancheesy.gif

Well he should know.

How many millions was it he made as a cop, something over 60 mill Baht wasnt it?

Whatever, he had to run and hide in order to avoid being investigated.

Was it not prostitution where this misfit made his fortune? A chain of soapies, correct? Nothing that comes out of his mouth, should ever be taken seriously. He is one of the most imbicilic major political figures in the past couple of decades. And that includes Biden!

• Like 2

As usual threads of these themes to do with anything Thai, the system or about Thai people in general always progress into a Thai bashing façade and as a platform for the extremists to rant on with their anti Thai view points and opinions.

I know that unfortunately some are using Thai visa at the slightest opportunity as a tool to voice their extremist views, which seem to be becoming more prevalent these days, and it really is starting to show.

But... but... but... how can highlighting how ridiculous Chalerm's comments are -- be construed as "Thai-bashing"???

Whenever you see a Thai on the news talking about what's important for them in an election, they all talk about the economy, the drug issue and corruption. So it's clearly a big issue, even if they then respond to an ABAC poll that corruption is acceptable if it's in the country's best interests (!).

There are some very poignant comments on here. Songhua's #159 just above being a very good one. And that can't possibly be construed as Thai-bashing, he's talking about good cops.

• Like 1

Exactly. How does anyone think this guy got a million dollars on a police salary to buy a Bentley?

I'd hazard the guess that it has something to do with what one of the two officers asking for money was quoted "My boss in fact receives more money than me and other [officers]. The money I collected is for the boss - we got a very small sum."

• Like 2

Exactly. How does anyone think this guy got a million dollars on a police salary to buy a Bentley?

I'd hazard the guess that it has something to do with what one of the two officers asking for money was quoted "My boss in fact receives more money than me and other [officers]. The money I collected is for the boss - we got a very small sum."

beat me to it.

So you agree that is ok for police to extort money from shops then?

So you agree that is ok for police to extort money from shops then?

Indeed, defending corruption?????? It's all great, Thailand has the best police force anyone can buy.

The, it's Thailand let them be brigade, is actually a case of faux superiority. It's all great until the injustice is facing you personally.

• Like 1

Codswallop - how you can possibly defend this is beyond rational belief!

He thinks the Thais will love him for emphasizing with them. seems rational, but extremely misplaced attitude

• Like 2

Simply Amazing Thailand. It really pays to be a cop in Thailand and now the Deputy PM of Thailand has confirmed what we have known all along about corruption in the Thai Police force. I thought Yingluck was supposed to start a campaign of cleaning up corruption in her country? I guess the Deputy PM did not get that memo.