90 Day Reporting

Maybe this is in the wrong section/forum but here goes...my non immigrant B is from Nakhon Ratchasima but I want to do a 90 day report in Khon Kaen.

Yes or no?

The weird thing is I had the same visa a few years ago from Sakhon Nakhon and did a 90 day in Udon at the airport immigration no problems.

Have things changed or was I just lucky? Any info greatly appreciated.

angsta::

Your work permit does allow work at your new location I hope? Immigration is now set up with specific office for each province do if you present an address outside of there jurisdiction they normally ask that your file in your supporting office. So address and place of extension is often checked closer these days. The three week reporting window should allow for normal travel and return for those on vacation to do in there home location and those that have moved are required to report this.

I'm a teacher but when I taught in Sakhon Nakhon a few years ago I did my 90 days in Udon.

My friend who is at my old school always reports in Udon and has done for 3 years yet his work permit and visa are from the Sakhon Nakon office.

My extension was issues at one stop in Bangkok and the admin girl from work usually takes care of my reporting however on the odd occasion it is forgotten (usually me not sending my passport and TM.47 to admin girl) and rather than risk a fine I report at the closest immigration to me which is Jomtien. never it has not been an issue and this is over 6+ years with my most recent report at Jomtien just over a month ago.

But you are in a special category using that facility. You are also not overstay the day employment ends as with others.

Iam special for using Jomtien ?

Curious though when employment ends so does my extension, would I not be on overstay the next day ?

You mention the One Stop Service, which is in Bangkok and a special facility. They have slightly different rules. If you have an extension of stay from them instead of regular immigration, you would get 7 days to pack without needing to pay for an extension.

You should ask Korat Immigration if they accept 90-day report by mail, some do, some don't.

Mac

This is the thing I hate most about Thailand immigration, they just make up their own rules. You always seem to come across this, some do, some don't, nonsense.

Live in Pattaya. Tried to do 90 day In BKK. No, you must do in Pattaya.

What if you live in Pattaya but are on holiday somewhere else when your 90 day report is due?

That's why you have the two weeks before and the 1 week after the reporting date to do your report. ;)

Edited by MJCM

Originally in 2006 I got my extension in Pattaya as BKK refused on the grounds my 90 day visa hadn't expired. Then had to change offices to get my extension 3 times as new offices opened. However, I have had no problems with posting my TM47 to Jomtien 3 or 4 times a year. Even when a registered delivery was lost internally and they did not backdate it. For some reason the first TM47 took 10 days to get from Swampy to Chon Buri according to the information on Thailand Post so it's not surprising they say post 15 days before the due reporting date.

I live in Isaan.

Edited by Anon999