Walen, Pro Language Or Study Thai Chiang Mai?

Malthus101

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend that has been studying at walen for 4 months and she is very disappointed with the schools coursework,

in fact she is so disappointed that she has enrolled at another language school on her days off to make up for the lack

of content in the course and the lack of teaching input!

I'd really like to learn thai so maybe it's Talk, Talk language school or pro language for me or maybe I will just read a book!

I have a friend that has been studying at walen for 4 months and she is very disappointed with the schools coursework,

in fact she is so disappointed that she has enrolled at another language school on her days off to make up for the lack

I'd really like to learn thai so maybe it's Talk, Talk language school or pro language for me or maybe I will just read a book!

If your friend is disappointed with Walen, then why is she continuing there and taking supplemental courses else where? If she is getting what she needs from another school, she might do better just to focus her time (and money) there.

David

I speak Thai fluently I've seen all the courses from all the schools in Chiang Mai. Walen has the best coursework out of all of them.

Where did you learn to speak Thai?

I learned to speak read and write Thai at Satit Kaset school of Kasetsart university. THE most well known high schools in Thailand.

I speak Thai fluently I've seen all the courses from all the schools in Chiang Mai. Walen has the best coursework out of all of them.

Where did you learn to speak Thai?
I learned to speak read and write Thai at Satit Kaset school of Kasetsart university. THE most well known high schools in Thailand.
Wow! That's exciting. How many years did you attend there? How would you compare the way you learned there with a Thai language school which teaches only Thai language?

My vote goes to Payap University. As someone pointed out, it a more serious school. If you want serious study, come to Payap. However, if the visa is your biggest motivation to study, please go to another school like Walen. The Payap program is more for serious learners. Other school are able to make a flexible study plan.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

My vote goes to Payap University. As someone pointed out, it a more serious school. If you want serious study, come to Payap. However, if the visa is your biggest motivation to study, please go to another school like Walen. The Payap program is more for serious learners. Other school are able to make a flexible study plan.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

+1

David

If your friend is disappointed with Walen, then why is she continuing there and taking supplemental courses else where? If she is getting what she needs from another school, she might do better just to focus her time (and money) there.

David

sometimes it's good to learn from multiple sources, I've studied thai with various schools and it helped improve my Thai

Edited by Greeen

I've only taken about three language courses, and will likely only take one more. I've liked them all, and won't name the school. teachers are enthusiastic, and it is a great challenge. Anyhow, if I didn't learn the tones or vocabulary or grammar or why not write run-on sentences (lol), I would only blame myself. Learning a language is difficult, and I certainly do not spend enough time outside of class to blame anyone else but myself. Sure, tons of people are always surprised I know about 40-50 words, and I've gotten great comedy trying to speak thai However, if I took a test at the beginner level, I would likely only barely pass. or maybe fail. I've seen about 50 students, and some are so much more passionate about learning than others. this is not the school's fault, entirely. one guy told me, 'I just wanted to learn the numbers; the rest, ah, I don't care.' and many drop-out after a few weeks because they have other stuff going on.

ไม่เป็นไร ขี่ ผม อยาก จะ ขี่ จักรยาน ไป doi suthep แล้ว ก็ กิน ข้าว

I have no idea if what I typed makes any sense. LOL.

Why don't you just plug it in to Google Translate and find out?

No. Wait.

Let me do that for you:

ไม่เป็นไร ขี่ ผม อยาก จะ ขี่ จักรยาน ไป doi suthep แล้ว ก็ กิน ข้าว

I would not ride a bike doi suthep then eat.

Sounds to me like you need a Bike Path in Chiang Mai.

Edited by OldChinaHam