Getting A Single Non O Based On Child In Vientiane. Birth Certificate Enough?

Hello All,

I'm off to Vientiane this Sunday, I've used up my Multi Non O visa and don't meet the financial requirements for another based on supporting a child. So can I get a Single Entry with just the Birth Certificate?

If not what other things to I need to take? Getting a letter from the ex may be difficult.

Anyone with any recent trips to Vientiane getting a single Non O ?

I'm coming to the end of my 60 day extension on the 18th and was thinking about getting a Double Entry Tourist Visa but the financials for the double entry tourist visa to stay in Thailand for 6 months work out pretty expensive.

Compared to the 90 days plus 60 day extension of the single entry Non O it's a saving of 3,900 baht. Okay I lose 1 month but I don't mind that IF I can get it with just the BC.

Thanks in advance

Garry

Thanks to Lopburi3 for his advice in a PM

Sometimes i bring the child, that works best. the mother and i are separated but the child lives with me over the course of the week. the split was amicable.

When for various reasons I had no desire to move additional capital to thailand, i went to my embassy and had a letter notarised that stated i was the primary support for the child and that the child in fact lived with me. The embassy ALWAYS copies this with the other docs. It is the best supporting doc i have. They do not verify. the stamp says that this is simply what you have told them. but immigration like it,

I use the mother as my sponsor and provide her contact details on the phone. I also have the child's foreign passport but never have i needed to show it. On my computer i have recent pics of us at home her at school etc. Again, unnecessary, but there if needed.

i also bring a file of current hopsital receipts, tuition fee receipts, dental bills etc, though they have never really been necessary. i have seen the person at the window make a notation

it is my belief that should there be an issue, i can bury them in documentation. I believable if you have the majority of the documentation handy to get the multiple 1 year, then you can easily get the 90 day.

It certainly helped that everything i tell them is true and i have the mothers support should i need it. I could easily get her on a plane if required.

but basic requirement is utility bills with proof of address, notarized letter of support from my embassy, birth certificate (original or certified translation) my documentation.

i generally just dump everything in front of them, let them choose and photocopy what they want.

oh, if you can get a dna test at the police or approved government hospital, you are golden, but i couldn't be arsed.

I advise you to bring proof of legal parenthood with you from the court, the birth certificate itself is often accpeted but not enough and consulates have become stricter. If you have it, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Also take household registration of child and maybe a small note from the mother if you can.

Thank you for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Sorry I forgot to add girlfriend as we were never married. Sorry about that.

Anyone just got back from Vientiane or will be back before Sunday, please let me know how you got on, if in the same boat as me. Thank you smile.png