Who Are The Worst Drivers In Phuket

stevehaigh

who are the worst drivers  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

here it is, your chance to vote on the most important question of our time.

by the way, the last option is probably a wasted vote since i'm sure everyone thinks that. (but it is multi-choice so go ahead, vote for your self too if you deserve it)

Edited by stevehaigh

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortuner drivers. All of them.

Surprisingly Hans, last Tuesday we drove back from the airport (paid ticket at 18.20) and charged through the traffic towards Kata. On Chaofa West, after Central, the slow guys/gals were all the Fortuners. Just bumbling about holding me up. BTW - we arrived in Kata 19.25, very good run from the airport at a busy time. Quite an exciting drive --- whistling.gif

I voted motorbikes with the caveat that I mean motorbikes piloted by tourists... bloody unpredictable mofos!! Don't have much of a problem with anyone else!!

Very true! I drive my motorbike Thai style. The tourists are totally clueless how to drive here! They stop where they shouldn't and then go without looking. The only one's I've come even close to hitting were idiot farangs on motorbikes. Then of course there are drunk ones walking down the middle of the road in the dark as well.

"Who Are The Worst Drivers In Phuket"?

I think ; Lek and Frank, Olov for sure, Tik and her brother ( they share a bike), Jiggy from the crazy horse bar and Somchai the tall driver who works at the fire department.

First runners up would be Dave from Oz and Carl from Blighty and special honors go to Heinrich from Düsseldorf.

Think I got it covered. rolleyes.gif

Couldn't agree more. I have often thought there must be some sort of Goo Goo gas of sort they comes out of the dashboard of fortunas. How such a high percentage of piss poor drivers have bought the same vehicle beggars belief.

the ones not listed, the ones with ego problems

But the poll have 'fortunas' already.

Hummer owners have to be quite rich to show how small dicks they have. One of the benefits of living in a developing country is that one can do the same a lot cheaper here.

Surprisingly Hans, last Tuesday we drove back from the airport (paid ticket at 18.20) and charged through the traffic towards Kata. On Chaofa West, after Central, the slow guys/gals were all the Fortuners. Just bumbling about holding me up. BTW - we arrived in Kata 19.25, very good run from the airport at a busy time. Quite an exciting drive --- whistling.gif

More often than not when the Fortuners are slowly meandering about they are on the telephone.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more. I have often thought there must be some sort of Goo Goo gas of sort they comes out of the dashboard of fortunas. How such a high percentage of piss poor drivers have bought the same vehicle beggars belief.

Have you sold your fortuner Phil

Never had one but if I did would happily sell to you!!!

happily sell to you!!!

I dont need one to carry dogs around in air conditioned comfort

I would have voted for motorcycles driven by Thai males under 30 if that was a choice. The most inconsiderate drivers on the road IMHO. But, Tuk-tuks, mini-vans, cement trucks and other large trucks are right up there. I thought the choice of fortuna's ammusing but to be honest I never noticed so I guess they never gave me to much grief.

• Like 1

Many comparisons here, and like most I have a desire to avoid certain types of vehicle. If I were to put them into one single category, it would be any vehicle which wasn't actually owned by the driver. Doesn't matter if it's a bus, minibus, truck, pick up, limousine, tuk tuk. If it has a green, yellow, blue etc registration plate, avoid it.

Owner drivers tend to have more respect for their vehicle (if not always the other driver) but seldom drive dangerously. At the moment, I'm very conscious of red plate cars as their drivers seem to have only just passed (maybe, maybe not) their test but have little experience of actual driving on public roads. Erratic signals and lane changing is normally a good clue also.

However, if there was one particular type of vehicle which seems to inhabit the body shop more than any other, then it's the pick up.

Old expat males on rickety old honda dreams or waves. They are always wobbling all over the road. They drive around drunk and normally the front basket is so full of yachting junk and other <deleted>, motorists cant see their headlamps. They drive at about 5 kilometers an hour through intersections holding up all the traffic. These pests can be found in their native habitats of Chalong, Rawaii and variuos boat yards around boat lagoon area.Treat with caution after 6pm as often intoxicated

Interesting. Chalong bay could be a scene from Waterworld from what ive witnessed.

No need for props or make up. Bad personal hygiene and old unmaintained boats already in place.