Importing Laptop

samtam

If it is coming in via express courier or first-class post, expect duty up to 40% of declared value.

If you can get someone to carry it in for you airport/land border, should be no charge.

I need a Japanese language version. They're not available here.

Do you mean the keyboard layout or the software ??

The software (OS) you should be able to download here. Have you tried microsoft.com/japan ?

PS: Can't help you any further as everything there is gibberish to me ;)

Edited by MJCM

If it is coming in via express courier or first-class post, expect duty up to 40% of declared value.

If you can get someone to carry it in for you airport/land border, should be no charge.

aren't computer without duty?

aren't computer without duty?

What did you think you like that ?

Edited by MJCM

7% Vat on freight charge combined with laptop value plus clearance fee to Fedex/DHL. No duty.

Just saved 25000THB on a macbook pro from HK doing that.. I import about 3-4 laptops a year always the same.

you saved 25,000 baht... ? Which model ?

So how do you get round the 10,000 Baht value of personal items when arriving into Thailand, apart from the obvious way of not declaring......??

Cant be too many laptops less than 10,000 baht....

are you serious?

your clothes alone are very likely to be worth more than 10000 baht.

Why import it, you can buy good laptops here

http://www.invadeit....ebooks-laptops/

And as aarn says, if you bring it yourself or let anyone else bring it, there will be no charge, just say "Personal Use". Just don't bring it in the original packaging wink.png

They have only mainstream stuff.

At first it looks like a massive selection, but they got only 4 laptops with 17" screens and none with 2 HDD.

End of story.

I won't buy a laptop that doesn't have RAID.

And somehow 1920x1200 resolutions seem to have disappeared from the laptop market :-( even Origin PC doesn't have.

Edited by manarak

So how do you get round the 10,000 Baht value of personal items when arriving into Thailand, apart from the obvious way of not declaring......??

are you serious?

Completely serious......

10,000 baht is the limit............ Discussion on it recently here but apparently no one takes any notice !!

Someone no doubt with post link to thread but you can check yourself what you can personally bring in and import.

are you serious?

Completely serious......

10,000 baht is the limit............ Discussion on it recently here but apparently no one takes any notice !!

Someone no doubt with post link to thread but you can check yourself what you can personally bring in and import.

Everybody knows that this is the legal limit.

But everybody also knows that this limit is for laughs only.

Nobody cares, not even the customs, except if you give them a reason to care.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone decided to go to customs and declare everything he carries above the 10000 baht limit...

Not sure about an impact on the traveler's wallet, but I'm sure the story will give repeated fun to customs staff for a long time.

are you serious?

Completely serious......

Everybody knows that this is the legal limit.

But everybody also knows that this limit is for laughs only.

Nobody cares, not even the customs, except if you give them a reason to care.

I can only imagine what would happen if someone decided to go to customs and declare everything he carries above the 10000 baht limit...

Not sure about an impact on the traveler's wallet, but I'm sure the story will give repeated fun to customs staff for a long time.

You are quite right but sods law dictates that the one time you do get stopped entering is when that shiny new laptop is with you.................